We came across interesting new jobs at Ubisoft Ivory Tower, Sharkmob, Artlist, and Lenovo – and they’re looking for a Lead Audio Designer (France), Senior Audio Designer (Sweden), Junior Audio Engineer (Israel), and Audio Engineer (IL, US).
We also found openings for a Senior Acoustic Engineer at Lenovo (GD, China), Podcast Producer at Lower Street (Remote), Audio Algorithm – Technical Leader at Cisco (CA, US), Audio Project Manager, Senior Audio Designer, Audio Designer, Audio Designer Intern and Audio Tester Intern at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), Audio Director at Bad Robot Games (CA, US), Producer at Creative Circle (MD, US), Producer at Sightline Media Group (DC, US), Sound Design Instructor at Options for All (CA, US), Audio Engineer at Cerence Inc (MI, US), and Senior Audio Engineer at Stitcher (CA, US).
Highlight – sound stories this week: Introducing the brand new Audio Podcast Alliance, featuring some of the very best podcasts about sound out there. Get a special new 5+ GB bonus sound effects packs with ANY order. Find out why project management can be one of the most powerful and unique features that Reaper has to offer. Ren Klyce shares the surprising stories & methods behind Mank’s vintage sound.
Company: Ubisoft Ivory Tower
Location: Lyon, France
Ubisoft is a world leader in the creation, publishing and distribution of video games and interactive services, with a rich portfolio of internationally renowned brands. Ubisoft’s teams, through its worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, are committed to providing players with original and unforgettable gaming experiences on all popular platforms.
As part of its development, Ubisoft is looking for its Production Studio, Ivory Tower, based in Lyon and creator of the hit track The Crew: a LEAD AUDIO DESIGNER (M/F)
The Lead sound designer will ensure the bridge between the audio artistic direction of the game and its implementation within the technical and production constraints. The incumbent will be the audio referent in production on its technical aspects and make certain that we keep on track within the game vision and quality expectancy scope.
The main and routine tasks of the lead sound designer are to:
- Assess needs and quality with the Audio Director, defineactions to take accordingly after consulting the team and other departments if applicable ;
- Protype and communicate the “how to” meet the art and tech objectives to the team with the Audio Director and Associate Producer ;
- Represent the team in discussions when general sound design expertise is needed ;
- Help to assess the risks concerning his scope, and to find mitigations ;
- Establish and document the technical audio charter based on the creative direction and define technical audio needs (tools, process, etc.)for the project to ensure proper integration, in collaboration with the Audio Director and the programmers. Ensure technical watch and share it with other teams ;
- Design and integrate audio content for the game ;
- Leads performance optimization phases and debugging phases, in collaboration withthe Audio Director and Associate Producer;
- Ensure that best work practices are implemented and optimized within the team to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data, in collaboration with the associate producer ;
- Supervise the work of the audio team from technical perspectives by providing individual feedback and/or actively participate to group audio reviews to ensure that the team’s work meets quality standard, technical constraints and remains in line with the audio vision ;
- Determine project human resource needs for the audio group with the associate producer and audio director, follow up and foster the team on their technical development to make them progress in their careers ;
- Communicate and share knowledge and experiences with other leads (internal or within Ubisoft) to ensure the effectiveness of the audio community and its evolution within the group ;
- Coach team members to foster their development so that they progress in their careers;
- Supervise the work of the audio team from the artistic and technical perspectives by providing individual feedback and/or actively participate to group audio reviews to ensure that the team’s work meets quality standard and remains in line with the audio vision;
- Bachelor’s degree in music or audio or professional training in audio;
- Computer science training an asset.
- At least 8 years of experience in Audio Production for video games,
- Delivery of one or more AAA games in an Audio/Sound role an asset
- Ability to translate the artistic vision into an asset production
- Strong collaboration and communication skills across teams (art / tech / prod / etc., sound designers junior, etc.);
- Ability to communicate a clear vision to the team in line with the overall creative direction for the game;
- Strong knowledge of current audio engines available on the market (Wwise an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper);
- Ability to quickly learn new software and technologies;
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment and the research process;
- Solid experience in performance optimization,
- Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and to step back to anticipate needs and risks;
- Technical curiosity and creativity;
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Experience in Vehicle sonorizations a plus;
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer a plus.
- Remuneration according to the experience
- Vacation bonus
- Profit-sharing and participation agreement
- 4 free games and 8 concert tickets with discount per year
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Do you often find yourself thinking about the sound of a movie rather than focusing on the actual movie? Is your attention drawn to ways of how to improve the audio of the games you play, that you believe would have made the overall experience even more engaging?
As a Senior Audio Designer you will be part of the team for our new Battle Royale game set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe. You will be involved in both the creative and technical aspects of audio implementation, to help set the tone for the game and make everything come together! Here is a chance to make an impact and not only create a game, but build a company and make your voice heard.
Sound interesting? See below if you believe that you have what it takes!Responsibilities
- Be a key sound design contributor within our Audio Team
- Create and implement sound assets like weapons, items, characters, environment, ambience, UI and VO
- Help planning and organized audio tasks
- Communicate effectively with artists, designers and programmers about the audio needs for our games and make sure they are consistent with the vision
- Occasional recording of sound effects and production planning
- Help testing and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
- 3+ years experience creating sound for (AAA) games
- Experience implementing game audio using Wwise
- Proficiency with modern computer-based audio production tools such as Ableton Live, Cubase, Reaper, WaveLab, Sound Forge and similar
- Excellent and organizational, planning and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Experience in leading a team is a plus
- Used to work with a major game engine. Knowledge of Unreal and Blueprints is a plus
Remember to include a link to your portfolio or showreel in your resume if you want to be considered for the position – an impressive resume together with years of experience is also considered.
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Artlist is a fast-growing creative technology company that provides footage, music and SFX licenses for content creators.
With tens of thousands of customers and outstanding growth, Artlist is helping creators around the world achieve their creative freedom.
We’re seeking a full-time Junior Audio Engineer to join Artlists Audio Department, at Tel Aviv.
Wake up for this
- Combine studio work with office and administrative tasks.
- Work with our team of audio engineers.
- Recording, Mixing, Mastering, Sound Editing.
- Work in a dynamic & Collaborative environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Avid Pro tools software.
- Experience in editing drums with beat detective.
- Experience in working under a tight deadline.
- Team player.
- A fluent English speaker.
Location: Chicago, IL, US
MBG (Mobile Business Group) – For over 90 years, Motorola has been a pioneering force in the mobile industry. From creating the first cellular phone in 1973 to the ground-breaking design of the RAZR; our mantra is simple, build the best innovative products and make sure they’re attainable for everyone. It’s this philosophy that drives us relentlessly to create meaningful innovation that provides greater consumer choice and positively impacts their lives.
The candidate will join a team of DSP and hardware engineers to research, develop and integrate mixed-signal audio codecs, amplifiers, and signal processing lineups. Candidate will collaborate with silicon vendors to develop chipset roadmaps.
Candidate should have expertise in audio electronics, acoustic signal processing, and software including Android, Android Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL), Linux Kernel, Mentor and Cadence. Candidate should be familiar with audio test systems and equipment such as Head Acoustics ACQUA, SoundCheck, and Audio Precision.
Lenovo is a US$50 billion Fortune Global 500 company, with 57,000 employees and operating in 180 markets around the world. We are #1 PC company on the planet, BCG’s 50 most innovative companies, and one of Interbrand’s 100 BEST global brands. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation – to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world.
Learn more about why it’s great to work at Lenovo – https://www.lenovobenefits.com/why-join-lenovoPosition Requirements:
BSEE or equivalent. MS preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.