We came across interesting new jobs at V1 Interactive, Reflector, High Voltage Software, and Deep Silver Dambuster Studios – and they’re looking for a Contract Sound Designer (WA, US), Audio Designer (QC, Canada), Audio Designer (IL, US), and Audio Director (UK).
We also found openings for a Senior Audio Designer at 2K Novato (CA, US), Audio Director at Reflector (QC, Canada), Senior Audio Designer at Arkane Studios (France), Game Audio Music Production at PlayStation (CA, US), Senior Technical Audio Designer at Certain Affinity (TX, US), Radio Presenter at BFBS Radio (UK and abroad), and a Sound Designer at Limitless Games (Barcelona, Spain).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Technical Sound Designer at Hexany Audio (CA, US), Audio Technician at Netflix (CA, US), and Mix Operations Manager at Pinewood Studios (UK). Happy job hunting!
Company: V1 Interactive
Location: Seattle, WA, US
This is a CONTRACT position directed at candidates available to work on-site, here at our little studio. We’re interested in someone with solid experience in designing and implementing a wide array of audio assets. The tenure of this position will likely last for an initial three (3) months with potential for extension. Experience in audio asset creation is a must. References would be nice. Hours and rates are up for discussion.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Work within the constraints of our current project to create the highest quality audio assets (as needed).
- VO editing, processing, and implementation.
- Design and implementation of your own assets, as well as others.
- Work with the team to maintain the pillars of the audio aspects of the current project.
- Debug and resolve sound related issues.
- Asset creation across a variety of software.
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines.
- Organization is something you take pride in.
- You’re a true communicator, with an knack for electronic and face-to-face correspondence.
- You have an appropriate sense of humor under a lot of pressure.
- Background in sound design with strong yet flexible style.
- You’ve worked on and shipped at least one AAA title.
- Experience with the following software;
- You’re passionate and enthusiastic about video games.
- An appropriate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Provide a resume and cover letter to “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- The cover letter should include why you want to join us at V1 in a CONTRACT role, what your strengths as an artist are, and games you’re currently playing or that inspire you.
- Provide a link to your website and/or links to examples of your highest quality work.
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Reflector is a new breed of studio dedicated to creating content for today’s audience. We create rich Storyworlds and then populate these universes with various media (podcasts, comic books, AAA video games, mobile games, television shows, movies, etc.). We have an in-house team that produces interactive media (games, ARG etc.) as well as a new media team that works on live experiences (in AR, VR, etc).
Our team is growing fast and we are currently looking for AAA talents to join our team.
- Collaborating with the Audio Director, Engineering and Design teams to help define the project’s audio needs and signature;
- Create sound effects;
- Design and iterate interactive audio within Wwise and Unreal;
- Own the audio you create and insure its coherence, relevance and function in the project;
- Create strategies and relationships to manage multiple inter discipline dependencies;
- Respect the delivery deadlines of the project;
- Communicate progress updates to the Audio Director and other departments.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in game development or equivalent;
- Experience with Unreal, Wwise and Reaper;
- Experience of working on a published AAA game from conception to release a strong asset;
- Positive team building skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills adapted to rapid iteration development environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (both oral and written).
Company: High Voltage Software
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL, US
With studios in Hoffman Estates, Illinois and New Orleans, Louisiana, High Voltage Software is a world-class, award-winning game developer with over 26 years’ experience. We are searching for a talented Audio Designer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will help to raise the quality level of audio in our titles as well as engage with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences.Responsibilities:
• Create and implement audio assets for various key assets at a high quality
• Coordinate with game and design teams to solve problems and create amazing audio
• Work with UE4 blueprints and data assets to hook up and test audio assets
• Evaluate audio mix and implementation of audio assets in-game and adjust according to needs
• Help with linear trailer or promo video sound edit and mix
• Manage and prioritize assigned tasks, with a focus on achieving goals on schedule
• Use of field recording and broad library knowledge in sound design
• Creation of original music
• Manage multiple complex tasks
• Asset export and implementation into UE4
• Test and verify your work on target hardware
• Links to portfolio (required)
• Resume (required)
• Experience designing, editing, mixing, mastering and implementing content for interactive and linear media
• Firm grasp of audio engineering fundamentals for studio and field recording
• Experience with Unreal or Unity editors, including scripting, level editor, animation and linear editors
• Experience with audio middleware and implementing audio assets into game build
• Ability to design and implement audio scripting to achieve desired in-game audio features and dynamic playback
• Experience of minimum 3 years as part of an audio team and having shipped at least two titles
• Strong self-management, organizational and problem solving skills, ability to work independently while having a great team player attitude
• Positive, solution-oriented and independent approach to work
• Please include a 3-5 minute video file with diverse footage from games you have worked on as well as a cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage with your application
• Passion for video games
• If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a reel and we’ll be in touch soon.
• Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
• Must be willing to complete an audio test if requested to do so.
• All positions are located at our office in Hoffman Estates, IL.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Company: Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
Location: Nottingham, UK
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented Audio Director who MUST have proven experience in defining and executing against a compelling audio vision whilst also leading world class audio team to deliver AAA console focused games. UE4 / Wwise experience would also be highly beneficial.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the development of our current project; the next major game in the highly successful Dead Island series.
As part of the wider Koch Media and Embracer family we offer a stable, flexible and progressive work environment, a super friendly and talented dev team and some genuinely cutting edge technology with which you’ll make your mark.
For a confidential chat please reach out to me directly. — Rob Matthews