We came across interesting new jobs at WarnerMedia, Peloton Interactive, Behold Studios, and Ubisoft Pune – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (IL, US), Audio Engineer (NY, US), Sound Designer (ON, Canada), and Game Music Analyst (MA, India).
We also found openings for an Audio Editor/Sound Engineer at The Globe and Mail (ON, Canada), Automotive Sound Engineer at ARKAMYS (Japan), Lead Audio Designer at Ubisoft Lyon (France), Audio Supervisor at Keyword Studios (France), Audio Acoustic Systems Engineer at Peloton Interactive (Taiwan), Acoustic Test and Prototyping Engineer at Modis (CA, US), Art & Audio Outsource Manager at Proletariat (MA, US), Audio Technician at In Depth with Graham Bensinger (DC, US), and audio design freelancers with Wwise/REAPER experience at Sounding Sweet.
Also, be sure to check out the The Audio Jobs Facebook group for more opportunities. Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: 12 Resources to Supercharge Your Year in Sound. Find out how the sound for The Mandalorian Season 2 was created in this new Tonebenders audio interview. Want the audio delivery specifications for a given country/broadcaster or social media platform? This overview can help. Acclaimed sound designer Gary Rydstrom breaks down the sound for a scene from Toy Story 2.
Location: Chicago, IL, US
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Sound Designer for our Audio department. The Senior Sound Designer works closely with the project Lead Audio Designer and the Audio Director to design, develop and implement audio for video games. The Senior Sound Designer typically works on one product at a time, but may be required to support additional smaller projects from time to time. There is NO music composition associated with this job, but musical knowledge is a plus.
- Creation of sound elements:
- Create compelling, original sound effects using multi-track software and audio processing plug-ins
- Record, edit and process character voices and dialogue
- Record sound sources in the field as needed
- Implementation of sound assets in Wwise and Unreal Engine-based tools:
- Sound effects
- Longer Term Audio Responsibilities:
- Commitment to create the highest quality audio experience for our games
- Create blueprints for effective and efficient audio pipelines/workflow
- Play-test game and adjust audio implementation to achieve desired results
- Collaborate with programmers/designers to implement audio appropriately
- Provide input and feedback on best practices and future direction of audio tools
- Advanced skills in designing creative, nuanced sound on schedule
- Advanced skills in mixing cinemas with modern audio-post equipment such as Reaper, Nuendo, Sound Forge, Vegas, Pro Tools, VST, TDM, and RTAS
- Proficient with audio authoring (Wwise, fmod, other) and game implementation techniques (emitters, animation notifies, scripting etc.)
- Significant experience working in a team environment, providing and receiving feedback
- Pro-active approach to challenges
- 5 years of experience designing and editing sound, voice and music in the audio industry
- Has credits on a minimum of 2 AAA game title as a sound designer or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Shipped title using Unreal Engine
- Degree in audio-related field
- Field recording experience: gear, techniques, experience cultivating custom libraries
- Game scripting
- Musical background
Company: Peloton Interactive
Location: New York, NY, US
Peloton’s Production team is looking for an Audio Engineer who can help oversee the mixing and overall quality of Peloton’s live and on demand content. The ideal candidate has worked in a live broadcast environment and is proficient with audio hardware and software for processing and mixing. Responsible for overseeing daily audio operations of live streaming and on demand content.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Content team to maintain audio quality and best recording practices of live and on demand content.
- Responsible for maintaining audio production equipment, including mixers, mics, receivers and transmitters, amps, speakers, etc.
- Work with the Broadcast Engineer to repair and source audio gear.
- Work with the hardware team to ensure optimal and consistent sound quality across multiple devices.
- Willingness to train and educate staff on audio principles and proper mixing techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of broadcast productions and signal flow with a strong understanding of broadcast audio boards, RF and wired microphones, intercom systems, and how to properly mic talent.
- Experience with audio standards, file formats
- QC live and on demand content
- Ability to work with outside teams to help produce best audio for live events and new programming
- Possess knowledge of industry standard information of audio for broadcast and live events.
- Experience as a live audio engineer required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, troubleshoot and solve problems calmly and quickly, handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed
- 5 years of A2 experience
Company: Behold Studios
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
• 1 year to less than 2 years
• Operate audio-visual or electronic equipment
• Exhibit and Display Design Experience
• Computer interactive or multi media
• Art or Fashion Design Experience
• Sound or audio design
• Supervise staff (apprentices, stages hands, design team, etc.)
• Media production studio; Game studio
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
• Attention to detail; Sitting
Work Location Information
• Urban area
Specialized Audio or Video Systems
• Digital effect sound mastery units
• Remote work available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, YouthAdvertised until
2021-01-28Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Company: Ubisoft Pune
Location: Pune, MA, India
**Note**: Final Designation / Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratingsResponsibilities:
- Identify chord-scale relationships and functional harmony within a variety of musical contexts
- Create lead sheet arrangements for existing songs with thoughtfulness and attention to detail
- Comprehensive understanding of music theory
- Broad range of listening skills, including absolute and relative pitch, chord knowledge, and rhythm skills
- Experience with DAWs, music notation software, and / or MIDI
- Experience in musical transcription and harmonic analysis
- Knowledge of fretboard harmony as it pertains to guitar and bass
- Music education background
- Multi-instrumentalist, pianist, vocalist
- Composition background
- Any music background would be preferred.
- Guitar skills are a major plus.
Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth