We came across 5 interesting jobs at Bungie, Blizzard, CCP Games, Magic Leap, and Electric Square – and they’re looking for a Music Editor and Mixer, Sound Designers, Technical Sound Designer, and Audio Lead. Happy job hunting!
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
A Bungie game is incomplete without a score. We’re not talking about the kill count after a match in the Crucible. In this case, the score is the thundering anthem that drives a player forward as they blast their way through waves of aliens to complete their mission. Our current mission is to add a bold new member to our Audio Team. Bungie is looking for a multi-talented Music Editor and Mixer with strong technical audio skills to help the music team create amazing music. Your work will help deliver video game soundtracks and media to be enjoyed by our community. If you love playing games, bring your passion to the music team at Bungie.
• Work with the Bungie music team to help edit and implement our score
• Help prepare and mix music and media for use in our games
• Support our marketing department with music editing, sound editing, and mixing
• Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
• A proven track record in music editing and mixing for multimedia with at least 5 years of applicable experience
• Proficient with Digital Production techniques
• Mixing/Mastering Skills
• A basic understanding of music theory and golden ears
• Good technical computer skills and good at learning new software
• An interest in interactive audio
• Experience with Pro Tools required
Nice To Have Skills:
• Experience with implementation in Audiokinetic Wwise is a plus
• Experience with Sibelius preferred
• A passion for games
• Bachelor’s or Advanced degree preferred
• Please submit supporting material showing your best editing/mixing work.
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a fulltime Sound Designer to join the World of Warcraft audio team. The ideal Candidate must have a strong creative vision and an internal desire to learn and grow in their pursuit of audio perfection. Come join our audio team and help us to create the future sound of the World of Warcraft franchise.
The ideal candidate needs to have experience in sound design and environmental audio for games. As a member of the WoW sound team you will work directly the Audio Supervisor, Audio Producer, and other members of the dev team to align creative vision and goals. One must be comfortable in operating in a professional manner while constantly interfacing with the various game artists, designers and engineers in bringing their characters, creatures, and environments to life. The sound designer also contributes to a game’s user interface in order to give players feedback on their gaming experience. Additionally, the sound designer engages with our music brethren to explore aesthetic opportunities and resolve any possible sonic conflicts. The ideal candidate is also able to collaborate with game designers in crafting an audio experience that compliments and melds seamlessly with game-play. Our ideal candidate must demonstrate that they can create exemplary original content and successfully integrate it into the final product. You will be part of a collaborative team of artists, designers, producers, and programmers that all work in conjunction in order to turn concepts into memorable experiences in the final finished product.
• Game audio production credits on multiple major shipped titles in a Sound Design role.
• Experience specifically creating outstanding sound effects, backgrounds, and foley for games.
• Experience designing sounds for fantasy games, specifically creature and spell work.
• Demonstrable proficiency working in DAW workstations, including Nuendo or Pro Tools.
• Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production.
• Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools.
• Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems.
• Demo reel or audio portfolio including representative examples of sound design experience.
• Experience playing World of Warcraft (A Very Big Plus).
• Development experience with MMOs.
• Experience directing live actors.
• Scripting and/or light programming knowledge.
• Experience developing games that utilize FMod.
• Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture.
Required Application Materials:
• Resume (PDF)
• Cover Letter which should include:
– Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
– What games you are currently playing.
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the “Best Places to Work” for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We’ve been waiting for you!
Company: CCP Games
Location: London, UK
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide.
As a Sound Designer, you will be part of a small central audio group working on multiple projects for our studios based in Europe, operating under our Global Audio Director as an in-house agency delivering creative and technical audio vision and production for all projects, including sound effects production, Foley, voice-over production, audio system design, implementation, linear and dynamic mixing, audio optimizations, and music production.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact. Contributing to multiple projects, beside solid game audio skills and proven experience, you should have strong teamwork, organization and communication skills. CCP offers a great work environment with the opportunity to meet interesting and talented colleagues from all over the world.
• Create and maintain the highest quality standards for audio on our games.
• Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of sound design goals set by our Global Audio Director.
• Hands on creating, recording (Foley), editing, implementing, mixing, and optimizing of audio in-game.
• Able to extend expertise to other teams on project and identifies discipline’s dependencies and critical paths on a project.
• Anticipates risks, providing contingency solutions and timelines.
• 2 years of experience in a similar Sound Designer position.
• Prior experience within an agency or in-house creative team.
• At least 2 PC or Console titles shipped.
• Excellent sound design, editing, implementation and mixing expertise.
• Expert knowledge of Wwise, Unreal 4, Protools, Soundforge, Cubase, Waves plug-ins, and sound-effects libraries.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with multi-disciplinary team (engineering, art, design, QA, etc.).
• Self-motivated, proficient & well organized, excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Adapts well to change & ability to work on multiple projects and tasks.
• Strong expertise of all game audio pipeline.
• Proficient with linear audio production and mixing techniques (stereo and surround mediums).
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Nice to Have:
• Sci-Fi game related artistic and creative sensibilities.
• Interest and experience in audio production or project management would be a big plus.
• Technical Audio experience a plus.
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home to the CCP Leadership Team, London, the capital and most populous city of England and the United Kingdom, is the location of CCP’s newest office, which opened in summer 2016. London is one of the world’s most vibrant cities, with something to offer for everyone, including first-class arts, culture, and entertainment. It is also one of the world’s top investment destinations, a world leader in technology readiness, and its 43 universities form the largest concentration of higher education institutes in Europe.
CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.
Company: Magic Leap
Location: Plantation, FL, USA
A Technical Sound Designer at Magic Leap contributes to both Mixed Reality experiences in current production and conducts R&D on behalf of advanced concepts. Your work forms the connective tissue between the creative and technical arts. You will work with both a small team dedicated to developing innovative audio tools and workflows for a cutting edge Mixed Reality platform and with cross-disciplinary teams supporting the integration of music, sound design, dialogue and audio behaviors.
The ideal candidate is a master of game audio middleware, a quick and enthusiastic learner, an excellent problem solver, and embraces both the creative and technical challenges that arise at the interstices of new frontiers in computing, audio, and interactive entertainment.
• Responsible for the integration of Music, Dialog, Sound Effects, Sound Design into Mixed Reality games and experiences
• Scripting within Unity and Unreal
• Contributing to R&D of our Mixed Reality Audio Tool Kit
• Collaborating with composers and sound designers, in support of innovative audio behaviors
• Contribute to the overall soundscape design for Interactive media (games and other experiences)
• Integrating new digital processing techniques into Mixed Reality Experiences
• Testing and debugging
• Experience integrating audio in game engines (Unity/Unreal)
• Highly proficient in Wwise, and familiar with other middleware solutions
• Substantial knowledge of scripting for game engines and audio middleware (Familiarity with C#, C++)
• Background in Audio Engineering (Recording, Mixing, Mastering)
• Conduct field and studio recordings; produce, edit, mix and integrate sound effects.
• Mastery of current pro audio tools (digital audio workstations, microphones, outboard gear)
• Passion for developing best practices and innovative audio integration techniques for interactive games and Mixed Reality Experiences
• Self-disciplined able to meet deadlines
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to provide and accept critical feedback in a professional manner
• 5+ years experience in a similar role
Preferred (Nice to Have):
• Familiarity with Perforce (P4)
• Familiarity with Unreal Blueprints
• Familiarity with procedural sound design concepts
• Ability to play a traditional musical instrument
• Understanding of and familiarity with 3D spatialized audio
• Experience with Fabric and FMOD
• Live/Concert audio support
• Music Technology related university degree or equivalent experience
NOTE: Applicants should also be prepared to be asked to provide the following:
• Scripting Samples
• Audio-reel demonstrating contributions to commercially released product
• Video of homemade experiences or passion projects, whether commercially released or not
• Soundcloud demonstrating finished procedural audio projects
• Additional Information
Company: Electric Square
Location: Brighton, UK
Are you an Audio Lead with a passion for video games? If so, this is the role for you! We are seeking someone to create and implement music and sound for our video games.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Design, create, supervise and edit original audio content in accordance with the project’s design vision.
• In-game implementation of all types of audio assets using proprietary tools and systems.
• Management of project’s audio design and implementation team.
• Maintains project’s audio-related documentation.
• Influences overall project design & ideas.
• Working with external sound/music providers.
• Liaising with client.
• FMOD experience.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience leading a team on AAA mobile or console games.
• Musically gifted and knowledgeable about audio recording and manipulation.
• The ability to clearly communicate the vision and needs of the game to audio staff.
• Wwise experience
• Unreal engine experience
• Can read/write music