We came across 4 interesting jobs at EA, Disney Interactive, Respawn, and Blizzard – and they’re looking for a Senior Audio Artist, Contract Sound Designer, Sound Designer, and Temporary Sound Engineer. Happy job hunting!
Company: EA – Audioworks / Star Wars
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
EA’s Audioworks team has a full-time Senior Audio Artist opportunity in our Redwood Shores location. We are looking for an experienced Senior Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to audio development within the EA Audioworks team on a story driven Star Wars project.
The successful candidate must be able to work with Audioworks Directors to help drive the goals and vision for the group as a whole. This individual should have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every key component – sound design, music, voice production, and implementation.
This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Star Wars franchise, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad game-creation and sound creation skills.
• Create and implement incredible sounding weapons that are authentic to the Star Wars universe
• Ensure quality of combat related sounds (weapons, projectile bys and impacts, explosions)
• Clear communication and collaboration with the dev team in regard to related sound effects
• Creative sound design that’s in line with the goals and vision of the title
• Build a good rapport with the dev team and represent Audioworks accordingly
• Be able to help other audio artists, and mentor junior audio artists as needed
• Define deliverables, own the delivery schedule with Audioworks Development & Audio Directors, and responsible for the quality of work in your area
• Maintain a strong collaborative audio team environment
• Minimum of seven years’ game/audio experience
• Strong triple AAA console experience
• Has a broad experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines
• Is an expert with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Strong content creating skills for a surround experience
• Strong communication skills
• Good creative and technical thinker
• Works well as part of a team
Audioworks is an award winning team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, Audioworks is driving industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality. There are many exciting projects underway in our studios and we produce progressive audio assets for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
Company: Disney Interactive
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
We are looking for a Temporary Contract Sound Designer to join our team at Disney Interactive. This will be full time work for around 6 months.
• Experience with Sound Design editing and creation, Music editing, Dialog editing and mastering
• Production experience with Wwise, preferably within Unity
*A candidate in Southern California is preferred as we will need you to be in the Burbank/Glendale area as needed.
Please send your resume and a link to your demo reel to christopher(dot)denman(at)disney(dot)com with the subject line “DI Sound Design Contract Position – ‘Your Name’”.
Company: Respawn – Star Wars
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA, USA
Respawn Entertainment is an independent game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. We have since shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and are currently hiring for both our Star Wars ™ and Titanfall development teams. Our motto is gameplay first, and the opportunity to create groundbreaking AAA games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re looking for a highly skilled Sound Designer who will embrace our culture and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about the Star Wars™ Universe, with an appreciation for audience immersion and a knack for making worlds come alive. If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do…
• Work closely with the Audio Lead to help shape our game’s audio vocabulary, style, and standards
• Design and implement unique and compelling sound assets for the game
• Create top notch audio that will immerse the player into the game’s world (including effects, ambient, Foley, creature sounds, etc.)
• Implement sounds directly into game engine (Unreal 4.)
• Adhere to audio schedule and deliver assets on time
• Work with Audio, Design, Animation, VFX and Engineering Leads to ensure that audio works in-game and matches vision for specific levels as well as overall design of game
• Edit and implement audio assets such as dialogue, sound effects, etc.
• Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs
• This person will not be responsible for composing music for the game
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years’ experience in a sound design role for video games, film, etc. Record of success creating sound for major titles desired
• Significant platform game audio experience a must. Shipped AAA games a plus
• Strong, demonstrable audio design and editing skills
• Experience implementing sound into game engine
• Strong experience with audio design from scratch, field recording, Foley, as well as dialogue recording, processing and editing
• Mastery of major audio software packages such as Wwise, ProTools, Nuendo and Sound Forge
• Strong audio technical expertise. Programming or scripting proficiency is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• A positive, solution-oriented attitude
• Passion for audio
• Passion for games
Benefits & Perks…
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and AD&D insurance benefits
• Flexible Spending Accounts for health and child care
• 401K with company match and no vesting period
• Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
• Relocation assistance
• Paid vacation, post-project & holiday office closures, and sick days
• Company-sponsored team events: movie screenings, industry gatherings, and game launch parties to name a few
• Fun office parties throughout the year for employees, friends, and family
• Spacious modern campus with open work spaces and lots of daylight
• Game room with a pool table, ping pong, foosball, arcade and tabletop games
• Fully stocked kitchens with fresh fruit, breakfast, snacks, and more
• Convenient meal order service for on-site lunch deliveries
• State of the art on-site gym with 24/7 access
• On-site yoga classes, massages, and car washes available
• A variety of interest groups and outdoor activities to join with other Respawn Employees: marathons, hikes, biking, and soccer among others
• Friendly, caring co-workers and management
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Blizzard Entertainment’s Sound Department is looking for an exceptional Sound Engineer to work on various Blizzard Entertainment properties. The ideal candidate needs to have extensive experience with live sound mixing, as well as post production editorial and mixing. The sound engineer will work closely with various departments and the Lead Sound Supervisor on pre-recorded / live broadcast projects, engineering Voice Over sessions, editing dialog, sound effects and occasional mixing. This person should also have an outstanding ability to troubleshoot signal flow interruptions, create and modify Pro Tools templates and operate digital mixing consoles.
Interested candidates should be comfortable working under tight deadlines, has excellent organizational and time management skills, is comfortable taking direction and criticism, is easily adaptable to shifting priorities, and is able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team.
• Proven skills with live audio mixing and microphone placement
• Experience with digital mixing consoles
• Experience with live recording (with emphasis on dialog recording)
• Experience with post-production audio mixing and mastering techniques
• Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture
• Proficient in editing dialog
• Experience working with both commercial and proprietary audio, and implementation tools on multiple platforms and workstations, including Pro Tools
• Able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team
• Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh operating systems
• Mixing/recording experience in a broadcast environment
• Background in music production (music composition is not within the scope of this job)
• Experience with field recording equipment and techniques
*Please note this is a temp position, which will last approximately 3 – 6 months long and be located in our Irvine office.
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and a link to samples of your work that we can review.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!