We came across 4 interesting jobs at Klei, Relic, Blizzard, and Gameloft – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer, Senior Audio Designer, Associate Sound Engineer, and Sound Technician.
Happy job hunting!
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re looking for an experienced Sound Designer who can help us develop next level audio experiences for our original IP. You’ll work with a broad group of talented peers to create emotionally compelling products from games, animated shorts, trailers and more.
Since 2005 Klei has designed and owns all the IP we’ve ever created, and every member of the team is key to our process. As a developer at Klei, you will join a world-class group of software engineers, artists, animators and designers who are continually pushing the boundaries of entertainment. Our award-winning games are played by millions of fans, spanning multiple platforms and languages.
Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years experience in professional audio production and related technologies
• Game audio implementation and usage (FMOD, WWise, etc)
• Music fluency is a plus
What You’ll Be Doing:
Audio is an integral part of our production. You will be identifying the audio opportunities and asset needs in our products in a self-driven and collaborative manner. You will be working from start to finish, conceptualizing, planning, and creating the content in tandem with the team to deliver a high quality audio experience.
Think you’re the right person? Send your resume, website and/or work!
Company: Relic Entertainment
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Do you have a strong aesthetic sense and a passion for games?
Are you a stickler for sound and obsessed with speech?
If so, our Senior Dialogue Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Senior Dialogue Designer to join our Age of Empires IV team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
Relic has a rich history of strong narrative support in its games and, as our Senior Dialogue Designer, you will use dialogue to push Relic’s games to the forefront of the industry.
As our Senior Dialogue Designer, you will also…
• Lead the creative and technical aspects of Age of Empires’ speech project
• Partner with our Narrative Designer to creatively enhance gameplay through the use of dialogue
• Help define the project’s audio aesthetic and standard of quality
• Lead and organize the project’s recording and ADR sessions
• Add flair to the project’s cinematic voice assets through editing and mastering
• Work with the Audio, Design, and Programming departments to design playback systems
• Help set the standard of practices for all aspects of dialogue at the studio
We’re looking for someone who has…
• A strong understanding of the role dialogue plays in creating a world-class gaming experience
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills
• 5+ years of experience working with dialogue in games, including:
– A talent for editing speech and creating high quality voice effects
– Taking a project from conception to completion
– Developing speech tools and pipelines
– Conceptualizing and executing audio features
– Leading or coordinating casting and recording sessions
– Localization experience
It’s a bonus if you have…
• Experience working with Audiokinetic WWise
• Experience working with scripts (lua, python)
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Blizzard Entertainment’s Sound Department is looking for an exceptional Associate Sound Engineer to work on various Blizzard Entertainment properties. The ideal candidate needs to have extensive experience with live sound mixing, post-production editorial, and mixing. The Associate Sound Engineer will work closely with the Sound Supervisor, and creative and production leadership on pre-recorded / live broadcast projects, engineering Voice Over sessions, editing dialog, sound effects, and occasional mixing. This person should have an outstanding ability to troubleshoot signal flow interruptions, create and modify Pro Tools templates, and operate digital mixing consoles.
Interested candidates should be comfortable working under tight deadlines, have excellent organizational and time management skills, be comfortable taking direction and criticism, can easily adapt to shifting priorities, and able to work with equal effectiveness—both solo and as part of a project team.
• Proven skills with live audio mixing and microphone placement
• Experience with digital mixing consoles
• Experience with live recording (with emphasis on dialog recording)
• Experience with post-production audio mixing and mastering techniques
• Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture
• Experience mixing in stereo and surround-sound formats
• Experience designing sound effects to picture
• Experience working with both commercial and proprietary audio, and implementation tools on multiple platforms and workstations, including Pro Tools
• Able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team
• Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh operating systems
• Mixing / recording experience in a broadcast environment
• Proficiency with Avid S6 control surface and Yamaha EMX5016CF mixer
• Background in music production (music composition is not within the scope of this job)
• Experience with field recording equipment and techniques
Required Application Materials:
• Cover Letter which should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
• What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
A sound technician’s main tasks and responsibilities consist of:
• Designing and producing the audio aspects of dynamic in-game advertising projects
• Optimizing audio files in order to correct performance or memory issues on devices for all kinds of projects (HD+, Pocket HD, JAVA, HTML)
• Adapting the sound design of Pocket HD and JAVA games according to the technical limitations of the devices, while staying true to the original design
• Mixing the audio files directly on the mobile devices for Pocket HD and JAVA projects
• Creating sound effects in MIDI format for JAVA projects
• Offering assistance with regard to new internal audio tools and testing them throughout their development
• Being called upon to process voice-overs (off-screen voices, dubbing, etc.) once they are received, when necessary
• Creating helpful documentation to improve and train the various members of the team
• Technical knowledge of digital audio (formats, software, etc.)
• Able to mix and process digital audio
• Knowledge of audio standards and trends that relate to video games and advertising in all its forms
• Able to work efficiently under pressure
• Interested in audio and video games
• Basic knowledge of music theory
• Organizational skills
• Good communicator
• Understanding of audio engines (Wwise, FMOD, etc.) is an asset
Why join Gameloft?
• Creative workplace with international teams of talents!
• Exciting challenges and rewarding recognitions!
• Continuous learning and career growth!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
With a monthly audience of more than 140 million unique players and an inventory of 5 billion impressions, Gameloft Advertising Solutions offers advertisers a unique level of visibility and engagement. To date, Gameloft Advertising Solutions has delivered more than 2000 campaigns for prestigious brands such as Air France, Coca-Cola®, Ford, FOX™, Kellogg’s®, McDonalds, ©Netflix, Procter & Gamble, Samsung and Unilever, in over 40 countries around the world (North America, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, etc.).