Location: Bellevue, Washington, USA
We’re looking for an experienced sound designer and/or interactive audio “integrator” who can help us create sophisticated, emotionally-compelling audio experiences for a variety of media formats and products. You’ll collaborate with a team of broadly-skilled peers to make sound a powerful element in all current and future Valve products, from multimedia ads to video game consoles, PC, and on-line gaming.
• Identify audio opportunities and asset needs in Valve commercial and promotional products in a self-driven but collaborative manner.
• Conceptualize, schedule, design, and produce high quality audio assets in accordance with the development and testing cycle of the product.
• Integrate audio in both linear and interactive forms with Valve products using proprietary software.
• Manage all necessary audio assets (sound files, scripts, models, etc.) associated with a product using the necessary software.
• Work with engineers and artists to understand and help develop cutting-edge, proprietary audio technologies.
• Test, debug, and assure the functional quality of all audio in a given product.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in digital and analog audio production or audio engineering
• Five years experience in:
– Professional quality audio production and all related technologies
– Game engine audio implementation technologies
– Taking a video game or linear equivalent (e.g., film) from conception and development through publication and shipment
Please include a reel with your application that includes in-game examples of your audio design and implementation. Please outline the contributions you made to the project and which parts of the reel highlight the value you added to the piece.
Company: Sledgehammer Games
Location: Foster City, CA, USA
Sledgehammer Games, the Developers of: Call of Duty, Advanced Warfare, was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence, while making and having fun!
We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers.
If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Sledgehammer Games is looking for a passionate and experienced game Sound Designer to help create a fresh new AAA aural experience for our next project. You will be involved in virtually every aspect of game audio content development alongside one of the most passionate and experienced audio teams in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interactive and linear sound effects design.
• Real-time audio scripting.
• Audio asset implementation.
• Mixing & mastering.
• Field recording.
• Dialog processing.
• Music editing.
• Audio tools & run-time systems design collaboration.
• Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
• Minimum three to five years of experience in game audio development.
• Shipped at least two major titles.
• Fluency in game audio implementation systems.
• Experience in game audio scripting or other relevant programming environments.
• Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
• Experience with major digital audio workstations, and power-user of at least one.
• Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional organization skills.
Nice to haves:
• FPS/Multi-player experience a plus.
• Experience with Radiant game development software a plus.
• College degree preferred.
• Continuing Education Certificate, Professional or advanced degree in audio engineering, music, or similar preferred
Company: Digital Extremes
Location: Ontario, Canada
• Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game. This includes sound design for levels, A.I., weapons, U.I, cinematics, animations, marketing, and other gameplay events
• Implement sound design and other audio into the game engine
• Maintain audio program skill set with regards to current industry standards (Pro Tools, Sound Forge, etc.)
• Record Foley and gather field recordings for use in the game
• Record, design, and edit voices and voice overs for use in the game
• Find and fix audio related bugs
• Maintain a familiarity with basic lua scripting
• Maintain an appropriate game audio mix at all times, on all platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
• Passion for world-class audio
• Post secondary diploma from a recognized audio education institution
• At least 2 years’ experience in an audio related field
• Background in sound design for video games a plus
• Comfortable working in both Mac and PC environments
Please include the answers to these questions in your cover letter in order to be considered for the position;
• Why should we hire you?
• Why do you want to work in the Gaming Industry?
• Tell us about a sound project you recently worked on that you were very proud of and why?
• How would you rate both your Mac and PC environment skills (out of 1-10, 10 being a superstar)
• Do you have experience in Sound Design with Video Games? If yes; tell us a bit about that!
• If no; how would you ensure your transition into Video Game Sound Design would be a successful one?
• What games are you currently playing? How many hours have you spent playing Warframe?
• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for the team and for Digital Extremes?
Please send a resume along with a reel that highlights your best work to date!!