There are some really great audio jobs out there, and we’re happy to announce that we’re launching a new jobs roundup section where we share some of the really interesting opportunities we come across. Hope you find them useful!
Company: Epic Games
Location: Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an expert in sound design and in-game implementation to join our team creating world-class audio for Fortnite (www.fortnite.com), Paragon (www.paragon.com), and the Unreal Engine (www.unrealengine.com). You will contribute to all projects, switching fluidly, and have strong teamwork, organization, and communication skills while maintaining the Epic standards.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
– Articulating, designing, and executing a creative audio direction for game titles
– Having an understanding of complete audio pipelines for multiple Epic projects
– Adept at in-game audio implementation, systems development, mixing, and testing
– Working with different teams and departments on audio tasks
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
– You will have world-class sound design, editing and mixing expertise
– You will have shipped high-level, world-class audio in 3+ AAA titles and/or 5+ years of industry experience
– You will have experience with all aspects of game audio pipelines
– Experience with UE3 or UE4 and its audio system; alternately deep experience with Wwise or FMOD audio middleware
– Able to understand creative compromises and work within limits and frameworks; able to accept feedback and iterate to high quality
– You will have creative and technical problem-solving skills
If you’d like to be part of building an auditorily stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
Location: Malmö, Sweden
We are now looking for an Audio Designer for Tom Clancy’s The Division. In this role, you will work on further pushing the audio quality of the game showing a creative approach to sound design. You will be part of the Audio Team and work closely with the execution of the audio direction set by the Audio Director, delivering a AAA sound experience for the game
This is a full time position and will require relocation to Malmö, Sweden.
• Create, edit and implement in-game sound effects.
• Collaborate with our engine team to test audio tools and suggest improvements.
• Test all aspects of the game audio, to ensure in-game playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
• Make recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
You as a person
We are looking for an audio designer with a real passion for sound and music in games. You are flexible and can easily communicate ideas combining sound and technology. It´s a big plus if you are organized, dedicated and self-motivated. You are of course used to a dynamic work environment and easily adapt to all kinds of challenges.
Skills and experience
• 2+ years of professional Audio Design experience in the video game industry.
• At least one previously published AAA title credited (please list all game credits to date).
• Proficient in modern DAW’s & Plug-ins
• Experience with Wwise audio engine
• Understanding of technical constraints, regarding audio, of current console platforms & PC
• Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies.
• Proficient English communication skills.
• A positive team-oriented attitude.
• Surround mixing experience
• Mastering experience
• Experience recording, editing and mixing dialogue
• Experience in field recording
Please note that applications with a portfolio are preferred.
Location: Redmond, WA, USA
The Incubation Team invents products and experiences that push Microsoft’s hardware and software in ways the world has yet to imagine. We are the team that previously worked on early Kinect prototypes and we recently just finished the first wave of groundbreaking new experiences for HoloLens.
Now we are looking to the future, at the next generation of experiences that have the potential to change the world in radically innovative ways.
Our work is incredibly diverse. We interface with the Windows portfolio at every step of the user experience timeline; from influencing the genesis of new Microsoft hardware, to providing showcase demonstrations which highlight the promises of new devices to customers and developers, to creating differentiated new features for the existing apps and services already in customers’ hands.
We are a multidisciplinary and dynamic team with the goal to reinvent and design products that will impact millions. To that end, we are assembling the top UX Designers, Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, UX Strategists and Design Researchers out there. If you live and breathe design, if you research, invent, and design high value experiences with passion and method, this might be right for you.
We are looking for individuals who can marshal their intuition, experience, and passion to articulate and deliver experiences that enhance the ways our customers live, work, and play. Expect a fast-paced, fluid environment where collaboration, communication, and professionalism are key.
We are seeking a motivated Audio Lead for our Microsoft internal development team. This position requires general experience in all aspects of sound design, voice, music, implementation, mixing and memory management as well as at least one proven audio expertise / specialization. Candidate must have a good balance between the creative and technical aspects of interactive audio and be able to lead by example with both design and implementation.
– He / she must play well with others. This is a team environment with cross-disciplinary dependencies. The senior sound designer must competently represent the overall audio experience to both his non-audio teammates and to the studio audio team.
– He / she must work well with ambiguity. The team needs adaptive and innovative candidates who can bring audio answers to big questions.
– He / she must have the ability to create high quality audio experiences and understand the unique approach of designing sound for an interactive environment.
– He / she is self-motivated & when left on his / her own, can come up with results that increase the quality & efficiency of the audio department as well as his project.
– 3 years game audio experience
– Proficiency / area of ownership within shipped products
– Experience with DAWs (understanding of signal flow, plug-ins, sound design techniques, mixing & mastering)
– Experience in recording (microphone techniques, recording techniques, processing & editing)
– Understanding of audio implementation and scripting
– Experience in file management (naming conventions, batch processing, memory profiling & debug spew analysis)
– Expertise in written & verbal communication (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Previous non-gaming audio experience
– Coding or advanced math understanding (C, C++, HTML, trigonometry, vector math, etc.)
– College degree (audio related)
– Musical knowledge / instrument proficiency
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.