We came across interesting new jobs at Aardvark Swift, Shockwork Games, Insomniac Games, and Monarc Gaming Labs – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Sound Designer, Senior Dialogue Coordinator, and Game Audio Generalist.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Sound Design Intern and Voice Over Design Intern at EA DICE, Dialogue Audio Engineer at Creative Assembly, Lead Re-recording Mixer at Deluxe, Senior Sound Designer at Sledgehammer, Sound Designer / Composer at Mediacorp, Post Sound Mixer at attn:, Audio Designer at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, Audio Programmer at Splash Damage, Audio Lead at Larian Studios, and Sound Designer at IO Interactive. Happy job hunting!
Company: Aardvark Swift
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Are you a Senior Sound Designer who fancies working on a game with a monthly audience of 113 million players? From your new office, you’ll enjoy a breathtaking view of the La Sagrada Familia, which surely beats your current view of the car park across the street, right? In case you hadn’t already guessed it, your new job is in the beautiful city of Barcelona.
Don’t worry though – You’re not expected to speak Spanish, but your new employer will provide you with language training to help you settle into your new home. You won’t have much to worry about with these guys in fact, as they will sort you out with private health insurance, a monthly ticket restaurant card and 25 days holiday per year. You will also enjoy the afternoon of your birthday off as an added extra so you can kick back at the beach.
You’ll be working closely with Game Designers and Producers on multiple projects for upcoming games on various platforms, drawing upon all of your experience in a similar role held previously.
- Excellent knowledge of audio software compatible with the Windows platform: sequencers (Reaper or Protools), audio editors (Sound Forge, WaveLab, Audition etc.).
- Thorough knowledge of technical constraints (audio optimization, memory, etc.) linked to video game sound and sound format.
- Knowledge of audio engines used in the video game industry (FMod, etc.).
- Familiar with sound effect libraries available on the market (Sound Ideas, Hollywood Edge, and others);
- Capability to systematically and effectively manage large-scale databases (with more than 2000 sounds per game)
Interested? I’d love to chat with you about this role. Please email molly (at) aswift (dot) com or give me a call on +44 (0) 1709 834 777!
Company: Shockwork Games
Location: Warząchewka Polska, Poland
Czołem! Lubelskie studio Shockwork Games poszukuje zdolnego dźwiękowca do pracy nad naszą najnowszą produkcją – Alder’s Blood. Alder’s Blood to mroczna turowa gra strategiczno taktyczna osadzona w mieszance klimatów: victorian-fantasy i dzikiego zachodu. Tutaj blog gry jeśli chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej oraz zobaczyć screenshoty/GIFy: https://www.indiedb.com/games/alders-blood.
- Udźwiękowienie animacji do gry (będą to głównie potwory)
- Biegła znajomość przynajmniej jednego programu do pracy z dźwiękiem;
- Doświadczenie poparte portfolio;
- Kreatywność i pasja – ważne dla nas abyś czuł/czuła to co robisz i czerpał/czerpała z tego przyjemność 😉
- Komunikatywność i dyspozycyjność – z racji tego, że pracujemy zdalnie liczy się dla nas płynny kontakt, najlepiej na narzędziu Slack/Discord;
- Mile widziana minimalna znajomość silnika Unity;
- Mile widziane doświadczenie w branży gamingowej i/lub sympatia do takich gier jak Darkest Dungeon, Banner Saga, Bloodborne czy XCOM.
- Wynagrodzenie zależne od umiejętności i zaangażowania w projekt;
- Elastyczne godziny pracy oraz pracę zdalną;
- Realny wpływ na rozwój gry.
CV oraz portfolio prosimy składać na ten adres: shockworkgames (at) gmail (dot) com
Pamiętaj o załączeniu klauzuli: “Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji (zgodnie z Ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 roku o Ochronie Danych Osobowych; tekst jednolity: Dz. U. 2016 r. poz. 922).”
Company: Insomniac Games
Location: Burbank, CA, USA
Insomniac Games is looking for someone who’s passionate about working with our Audio team to create outstanding dialogue for our games. The Senior Dialogue Coordinator role manages all legal and administrative responsibilities associated with dialogue for projects, including actors, talent, directors and studio scheduling, script preparation, casting, agent and talent rate negotiations, dialogue recording, and outsourcing. This role works closely with dialogue editors, audio leads, creative director/s and production for all projects and manages project schedules with the project management team (PM) to make sure all dialogue is delivered on time at a high quality. If this sounds like the role for you, read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains and organizes all project recording implementation schedules and deliverables with PM team.
- Works alongside dialogue editors and creative leads to keep dialogue pipeline running smoothly and delivers all dialogue on time, at a high quality.
- Works with agencies for talent casting and negotiates talent rates
- Books and negotiates studio time and rates
- Schedules Voice Over (VO) director time for sessions.
- Works with narrative team on script preparation and conforms scripts after recording sessions.
- Works with PM, designers and publisher/s to coordinate all dialogue localization dates and specification documents per project.
- Represents studio interests at SAG/AFTRA negotiations.
- Provides assistance with localization pipeline and dialogue implementation.
- Performs studio signatory duties for all projects.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to eight years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience as a dialogue coordinator in games or film/TV production preferred.
- Highly proficient using multitrack audio software/hardware (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
- Experience with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge).
- Proficient with Wwise and audio plug-ins related to dialogue normalization and effect processing.
- Knowledgeable with both PC and Mac-based operating systems. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Final Draft and/or other screenwriting software.
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment.
- Studio recording experience and voice-over direction a plus.
If this sounds like the role for you – please click the APPLY button above to submit your application. Thanks!
Company: Monarc Gaming Labs
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Monarc Gaming Labs was founded in 2014 with the vision that an elite team could bring a level of sophistication to the social mobile casino market that players could not find anywhere else. To that end, our engineers are creating unparalleled experiences with artists, designers, and mathematicians from the real money gaming world, and building a brand new international mobile casino gaming ecosystem.
Monarc Gaming Labs is looking for a Game Audio Generalist to handle the sound and music for our social mobile casino app featuring real celebrities. You will be the only audio professional here so we are looking for someone who can be self directed. The app has soft-launched with audio already, you will be maintaining that product and building upon that basis when we add new content. You must be able to design cohesively with the existing audio aesthetic. You should bring your own sound library. This position is in house, in Los Angeles and we are exclusively looking for a local hire. No remote freelancers or production houses, please.
- Designing sound effects
- Implementation in Unity using Master Audio as middleware
- Editing and Remixing licensed audio assets
- Original Music Composition
- You must have shipped games as the lead or solo audio artist
- You must have designed sound effects, fully written and produced original music, and implemented audio assets yourself in those games
- You must know Unity
- Experience with Logic Pro
- Experience with audio middleware
- Experience remixing pop music
- Experience with casino or casual game audio
**Please include a link to your Demo Reel in your application**
- Health Insurance PPO Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life)
- PTO – 15 days for 1st year employees
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Company paid lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen (coffee, drinks, and snacks)