We came across interesting new jobs at Airbnb, Hangar 13, Insomniac Games, and Codemasters – and they’re looking for a Sound Producer, Senior Audio Designers, Audio Lead, and Graduate Audio Programmer.
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at CD Projekt RED,
Dialogue Editor at Infinity Ward, Dialogue Audio Engineer at Creative Assembly, Sound Designer at Bethesda, Game Audio Sound Designer at Tencent, and Intern Production Assistant for the NBC 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Also, this opportunity for a Sound Designer at Darewise Entertainment has a starting date of April 1st, but is seemingly still accepting applications.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Marketing and Project Management for sonic branding at WESOUND, several audio positions at 2K, Audio Systems Engineer at Samsung, Senior Sound Designer at Gameloft, and Post Production Engineer at Spotify. Happy job hunting!
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented, experienced, and passionate Sound Producer to truly drive the audio efforts for a small but growing internal production team. Our programs are distributed to both internal (employees) and external (hosts / guests) audiences on a global scale, and include both packaged video segments and live streams. The ideal candidate is well versed in the operation of professional audio equipment (hardware and software), and has a proven track record in the ideation / creative production of custom sound design for global programs.
Ultimately, as the Sound Producer you will be able to deliver high quality audio mixing & producing for multiple flavors of programs, and have a collaboration / leadership style that resonate positively with your colleagues.
- Operate / oversee the operation of consoles & field kits as needed for high level productions
- Create sound mixes for video assets and other projects
- Collaborate closely with producers and video editors to create compelling, narrative-driven music and other sound assets for video productions, and live streams
- Edit music/sound to picture using licensed libraries and design/produce custom pieces
- Work with cross-functional partners to achieve tight deadlines
- Track and communicate progress in team meetings, and other portals
- Repair, mix and master pieces from 3rd party vendors for video productions
- Compile audio libraries suitable for creating playlists for events
- Compose custom music to picture
- Must be a seasoned audio expert in editing and mixing all common audio formats, sample rates, and video frame rates
- 8+ years proven work experience in sound production
- Excellent skills in non-linear editing platforms (Pro Tools, Adobe Audition)
- Basic knowledge of video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro)
- Knowledge of A/V deliverable formats & workflows
- Ability to self-manage and organize workloads around tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Employee Value Proposition:
As an Airbnb Sound Producer, you will be creating sound for finished films and live streams extending to our employee, Host, Guest, and investor communities. If you are passionate about telling stories through sound, and creating meaningful moments through rich media production, we would love to hear from you.
Company: Hangar 13
Location: Brighton, UK
We are an experienced Audio team, spanning multiple locations and disciplines. We are passionate about our craft, always trying to raise the bar, both creatively and technically, while growing our collective skill and knowledge. We are constantly searching for ways to produce a better, more immersive & exciting sonic experience for our players.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 Games is looking for an experienced Senior Audio Designer who can help us create emotionally compelling & technically sophisticated audio experiences for a variety of projects.
In this role, you will be working under the direction of the Studio Audio Director and collaborating with the Audio team, as well as Producers, Game Designers, Animators & Artists to help design and create exceptional quality audio content that matches the look, feel, and style of gameplay. Day-to-day duties will be primarily centered on designing audio content, as well as implementation.
What You Will Do:
Work with the above-mentioned teams to design and create game audio content that supports both gameplay and the aesthetic of the project. Work with the audio, design and engineering teams to improve workflow and pipelines. Assist with dialogue and field recording, editing, mastering and integration. Implement your work within WWise as well as our proprietary tools and engine.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
Our ideal candidate has a combination of solid aesthetic sense, acute attention to detail and a high level of technical expertise, as well as a strong understanding of audio engineering principles and techniques. This person will have significant experience using tools such as Avid Pro-Tools, iZotope RX & AudioKinetic Wwise, amongst others. We are looking for someone who has experience working in various surround formats, has a minimum of 5 years experience as an audio designer in the gaming industry (or related field), and has shipped at least one AAA title in a Senior Audio Designer capacity. (Multi-platform experience preferred)
We want to grow our team with someone who has passion for their craft, is always looking for ways to improve their skills, and is willing to both learn from, as well as share their knowledge with other members of the team. You will be working in a cross-studio environment, spanning multiple time-zones, therefore strong communication and time management skills are essential to our success as a team.
Location: Southam, UK
The audio team at Codemasters is delighted to offer a rare career opportunity for a talented audio programmer to join our award-winning squad. We’re looking for people with a strong passion for coding and a real appreciation for the detail and complexity that builds an immersive depth through in-game audio experience.
We’re open-minded on how much experience you bring to this role because we’re looking for talent, ideas and capability alongside a quality-centric approach where there is no ceiling on excellence
Working from a high-bar specification you will source, create, process & implement AAA quality sound effects to ambitious project specifications. With good knowledge of WWise and tools, at least some game-engine integration experience will be key in ensuring you can handle the scope of technical complexity in this environment. You won’t be short of challenge, and as well as delivering to spec we also give you freedom to identify opportunities for new innovation, bringing your own ideas for creative and technical audio solutions.
This is not just any project but a best in class game in the racing genre with leading bespoke audio tools at your disposal. Our 30 year history and exceptional length of tenure mean that you will get to work with some of the greatest sound engineers in the business.
* Designing and developing audio systems & architecture.
* Supporting the audio tech across multiple platforms
* Liaise with Designers to ensure that designs are fully fleshed out and understood by all parties
* Fluent C++
* Experience in Audio Engineering
* A good degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or audio engineering.
* Experience using version control software
* Experience using WWise
* Knowledge of DSP programming
* Knowledge of Granular Synthesis
* Experience of development on console and PC platforms
* Good industry track record, such as previously published products
Company: Insomniac Games
Location: Burbank, CA, US
Insomniac Games is looking for an Audio Lead, in our Burbank, CA studio. This role is responsible for managing and creating audio assets and workflow processes throughout the production cycle of a particular project. This lead oversees audio quality of a team and the external contributors that are on a project. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity — please read on:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Works with Audio Director/Production Director on choosing, supervising and negotiating development plans and schedules for project/s
* Oversees creative audio quality on a day-to-day basis with team
* This role directly supervises an audio team.
* Meets with Creative Director and Audio Director during production to make sure audio style, tone and quality are outlined, communicated and achieved by team
* Defines, creates and implements original audio content for project/s
* Defines and suggests new tools to aid in the production/implementation and creative development pipelines
* Acts as a mentor to the audio team
* Continuously reviews work done by audio designers and ensures that work fits within the context and limitations of the project/s
* Works with external contractors/composers regarding hiring, managing deadlines and reviewing work for submission
* Communicate ideas and audio technical details clearly to other teams/departments working in other disciplines
* Act as a purchasing agent regarding ordering equipment and software for the audio team
* Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
* Master’s Degree (M.A), or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Five years or greater experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and/or implementation, dialogue recording and editing, audio post or music composition in a AAA production development studio.
* Highly proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
* Advanced experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
* Advanced proficiency with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge).
* Experience with Wwise and Audio Plug Ins.
* Comfortable and adept with both PC and Mac-based operating systems.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Other Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment. Must be a good team leader and be able to make informed decisions to achieve desired results. Possess the ability to create and maintain good relationships with other departments as well as external contractors.
As with any audio role this employee will be exposed to varying Sound Pressure Levels (SPL) throughout their workflow, daily.