We came across new interesting audio jobs at Amuse Animation, Rebellion, and Amazon – and they’re all looking for sound designers. There’s also an opportunity for an Audio Designer at Insomniac Games here. Good luck!
Company: Amuse Animation
Location: Paris, France
Amuse Animation is looking for talented sound designers for our animated series. The job will consist in editing the sounds, characters’ voices, voice-over and music to the episodes we produce.
Most episodes have a duration of 5 minutes, and we already have an important soundbank available for sound designers. However, we highly encourage them to implement their own style.
You can see the episodes on one of our Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/user/LouieMillimages/videos
Be informed that there is a 30-second test to assess the quality of your work.
To apply, please send a message to jobs (at) amusenetwork (dot) com.
Location: Oxford, UK
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for a Mid Level Audio Designer with a passion for sound effects and games audio. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful independent developer with our own in-house audio facilities and to learn directly from experienced audio designers. Tasks will include creating, refining and implementing audio assets for a cross platform title, as well as assisting on other projects in production as required.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford studio. We are open to both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
• Two year’s game audio experience, and at least one finished product in a critical audio role, any experience producing sound for multiple target platforms, and any proven track record with AAA console products.
• Please provide a showreel demonstrating your sound design talents (music content optional, please note that this is an audio/music editing/implementation role so would not suit someone solely interested in composing).
• Report to the audio lead and project producers regarding the sound design direction and audio-related requirements of the current game, technology requirements, resource issues, etc.
• Design and create high quality audio assets for various in-house projects
• Perform sound format conversion, EQ, looping, mixing, adding DSP effects, normalization and sound balancing for in-game assets on multiple platforms
• Carry out audio dept operations; setting up, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment, archiving recorded material, engineering recording sessions, etc.
• Keep up-to-date on current artistic and technical production trends in game audio and how they can benefit Rebellion
• Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
• Collaborate productively within multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
• Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
Skills & Attributes:
• Outstanding creative and technical audio production skills, strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic
• Excellent understanding of audio production, editing and mastering
• Very good understanding of EQ, dynamic range, compression techniques and multi-channel audio formats
• Experience with professional audio editing tools such as (or similar to) Reaper, Sound Forge, a wide range of plug ins, etc.
• Foley performance / recording / editing.
• Awesome Sound Effect design from raw assets.
• Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
• A genuine interest in playing games and a passion for audio in games
• An understanding of programming methods and conventions would be an advantage
• Voice recording / editing.
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Sound Designer with very strong technical skills to create and integrate the game’s audio. We believe that audio in games tells stories and directly influences deep emotional engagement. You will raise the bar for the quality and originality of audio at Amazon Game Studios. You will be an acknowledged expert in sound implementation, and demonstrated ability in sound design and voice over production.
• Implement audio assets in WWISE and Lumberyard, interacting with other game systems editors and CMS, writing scripts as needed.
• Create sound effects, and voice over
• Work with the audio director to support the vision and direction for the audio in the game
• Drive high quality standard for audio throughout the game experience
• Build relationships and manage asset workflow with the rest of the team and external sound vendors
• Innovate and drive new audio features for the game and Lumberyard engine
• Shipped 2+ games as Sound Designer
• High level expertise with Audiokinetic’s WWISE
• Scripting experience
• Experience with the entire audio creation process, including sound effects, voice over, music, sound implementation and audio technology
• Experience managing asset flow with external vendors
• Expertise with Field Recording Equipment and Capturing Sound Effects
• A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
• Past experience providing technical implementation for the audio team
• Scripting experience in Lua, XML and visual scripting tools
• Experience improving and optimizing proprietary audio pipelines and integration processes
• Multi player experience a plus
• Experience with Lumberyard game engine
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators.