We came across 3 interesting jobs at Noiseworks, Starbreeze Studios, and Hi-Rez Studios – and they’re looking for a Freelance Junior Sound Designer, Voice Over Designer, and Senior Sound Designer. We also spotted an Audio engineer opportunity at Apple’s iPhone team here.
Location: London, UK
Noiseworks are looking for a freelance junior sound designer. The position would be suitable for someone who has a natural sound design talent, loves audio and wants to learn under the guidance of experienced award-winning audio professionals.
As a freelance junior sound designer you will be part of the core team and responsible for helping managing every day sound design and organisational tasks:
• Assist in sound editorial on short-form linear projects
• Assist in the sound design and implementation of non-linear projects
• Research, organise, arrange and assist in sound effect recording sessions
• Edit, clean up and catalog recordings
• The candidate must have the ability to work remotely but will be required to come into the studio in Wandsworth London at least 3 times a week
This is initially a freelance position, based on a 3-months work for hire basis. If both parties are happy after three months then there’s potential to extend the contract. This is initially not a staff position and will NOT lead to composing possibilities.
Although this is a junior role we expect the candidate to have an understanding of professional audio post-production workflows:
• Sufficient understanding and proficiency with Pro Tools
• Experience with Izotope RX
• A basic understanding of microphone types and techniques, be comfortable using location recorders
• You live, breath and sleep all things audio
• You’re pro-active and keen to learn
Working at Noiseworks:
• Work on some top projects with some top industry professionals
• Learn from and be mentored by award-winning sound designers
• The chance of becoming a valuable member of the Noiseworks crew
• Get paid for your efforts
• Apply to – mail[at]thenoiseworks.com with your CV and showreel using the subject line “Junior Sound Designer Application – FULL NAME”
• Only applicants with an online or downloadable showreel will be considered
• Please don’t attach large images, videos and/or pdfs to any emails
• If you haven’t heard back from us within two weeks of contacting us, your application has been unsuccessful.
We’d be delighted to welcome you into our team; all we require is endless passion, excitement and the commitment to develop both yourself and the team at Noiseworks.
Company: Starbreeze Studios
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Music, sounds, noise, what is the difference? You know, right? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Sound Designer to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm. As a sound designer you will record audio assets and process external recordings to create high quality audio samples, and manage implementation with middleware tools.
• Work closely with the audio team to manage, record, design and implement voice over recordings in accordance to the project’s design vision.
• Implement audio assets using Wwise and proprietary tools.
• Collaborating with narrative design / level design / programming teams to provide input and direction to produce an interesting and responsive soundscape.
• Playtesting and debugging of game audio.
You have experience working with recorded voice over in the video game or entertainment industry. You have an understanding of game audio implementation and knowledge working in audio middleware such as Wwise and FMOD. You possess excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
To be successful in this position you are:
• Advanced experience of working in audio softwares.
• Knowledge and understanding of the video game development process.
• Experience of working with game engines.
• Excellent English (spoken and written) communication skills.
• Great with time estimations, organization and prioritizing.
Online demo reel or website showcasing your sound design experience and strengths.
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry. Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you. We recommend you to apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English to jobs (at) starbreeze (dot) com. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.
Company: Hi-Rez Studios
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an industry experienced Senior Sound Designer to work at our Alpharetta Georgia studio on working on out various titles including Smite and Paladins. Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda; as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Sound Designers do:
• Originate and implement all aspects of game audio from concept to optimization.
• Identify technical dependencies and get support for audio features.
• Work with designers and programmers to identify audio needs
• Create sound fx and implement sounds fx within the game
• Play the game regularly and continually identify opportunities to improve audio quality
• Work with outsourced audio engineers and manage an outsourced pipeline
Who we are looking for:
• Five years experience in game audio development with at least two shipped AAA titles.
• Shipped FPS title; ideally a multiplayer FPS
• Exceptional sound design and implementation skills.
• Understanding of PC and console development, capabilities, and limitations.
• Work well with all departments and accept and run with feedback.
• Familiarity with UE3, UE4, Unity.
• Experience with Wwise a strong plus
• Experience with the voice-talent recording process