We came across 4 interesting jobs at Arkane, Amazon, King, and Larian – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Technical Sound Designer, and Senior Sound Designers.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Lead Audio Designer at RETO MOTO, a Sound Engineer at Zylia, a Podcast Producer/Engineer at ESPN Films, and an Audio Engineer at Benchmark Post. Happy job hunting!
Company: Arkane Studios
Location: Lyon, France
Arkane Studios, Lyon location (France) part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. company, is seeking talented Sound Designers to join our team in making AAA games. Answering to the Audio Director, the Sound Designer is responsible for creating and implementing audio for in-game sequences, cinematics, HUD/UI, scripted events, and every action and movement in the game.
The main responsibilities include:
• Creation and integration of audio assets (SFXs, Musics, VOs, …) into the game engine.
• Work for the different sub-teams (gameplay, level design cinematics, …) to produce and implement SFX , VOs, music according to their needs
• Collaborate with programmers to design and improve the Audio Tech
• Collaborate with the producer to set up and maintain schedules for the sound production of the entire project
• Assist with the recording of temporary Voice Over
• Write technical documentation
• Experience creating audio for AAA video game titles
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in audio recording, editing, processing, integration, and mixing.
• Experience with Wwise or similar game audio middleware.
• Excellent organization and communication skills. A proven ability to convert abstract direction into sonic reality
• French and English skills
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators.
We believe that audio in games tells stories and directly influences deep emotional engagement. Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Sound Designer with very strong technical skills to create and integrate the game’s audio. You will raise the bar for the quality and originality of audio at Amazon Game Studios. You will be an acknowledged expert in sound implementation, and demonstrated ability in sound design and voice over production.
• Implement audio assets in WWISE and Lumberyard, interacting with other game systems editors and CMS, writing scripts as needed.
• Create sound effects, and voice over
• Work with the audio director to support the vision and direction for the audio in the game
• Drive high quality standard for audio throughout the game experience
• Build relationships and manage asset workflow with the rest of the team and external sound vendors
• Innovate and drive new audio features for the game and Lumberyard engine
• Shipped 2+ games as Sound Designer
• High level expertise with Audiokinetic’s WWISE
• Scripting experience
• Experience with the entire audio creation process, including sound effects, voice over, music, sound implementation and audio technology
• Experience managing asset flow with external vendors
• Expertise with Field Recording Equipment and Capturing Sound Effects
• Past experience providing technical implementation for the audio team
• A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
• Scripting experience in Lua, XML and visual scripting tools
• Experience improving and optimizing proprietary audio pipelines and integration processes
• Multi player experience a plus
• Experience with Lumberyard game engine
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Are you a seasoned Audio Designer and on the lookout for a new challenge? We’re growing our team in Barcelona and this might be the opportunity you are looking for…
Your Role Within our Kingdom:
As part of the audio team at King, you will ensure that the audio experience in our games and associated content is of the highest possible standard. In the role of a sound designer, you will work with multiple game teams performing sound design, mixing and implementation.
Skills to Create Thrills
We are looking for a great team player that both thrives under pressure and knows how to run several simultaneous projects to get the very best results. You understand the importance of collaboration and are able to communicate effectively with people from diverse professional and technical backgrounds. You bring a positive attitude and welcome feedback on your work as a way of constantly improving and growing. You are passionate about sound design, but specifically savvy about how it affects game play and the way games are played and perceived. Versatile, you have excellent skills in audio tools as well as a keen sense of quality. You are up to speed on new sound technologies.
• Highly experienced in sound design across varied areas with an amazing showreel to prove it. Please ensure the work you’ve done is clear.
• Extraordinary skills in all areas of sound design, recording, mixing, audio editing and optimisation.
• Experience with using audio software such as Cubase, Reaper or equivalent.
• Extensive audio middleware experience (Wwise and Fabric preferred)
• Extensive game engine experience
• Experience performing sound design for linear content such as cinematics, trailers and adverts.
• Experience recording and directing voice over talent.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks across different simultaneous projects
• Great communication skills and ability to swiftly integrate yourself, and collaborate closely with multiple interdisciplinary teams.
• A real passion for games across all platforms, especially mobile.
• Experience in working with Unity.
• Foley recording experience
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Application needs to be in English and don’t forget to add your showreel!
Company: Larian Studios
Location: Ghent, Belgium
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, dialogue… and sound design. To take our upcoming games to new and greater heights, we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Audio Lead.
• Sound task management in the team (description, distribution, supervision).
• Active communication inside the team and with multiple departments to ensure that all sound needs are covered and the end results are at a high-quality level.
• Maintain a high-level planning of the sound production.
• Evaluate, prioritize and dispatch reported issues inside the team.
• Sound design and implementation.
• Development and improvement of the company’s sound production pipeline.
• Minimum one shipped video game as an Audio Lead/Senior Sound Designer.
• Experience with and an in-depth knowledge of Wwise.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Feels equally well when learning from other team members, as well as sharing his/her knowledge with them.
• Well organized and capable of tackling sudden changes, whenever needed;
• Experienced with Nuendo/Cubase
• Work in the office of Larian Studios in Quebec City, Canada.
• Experience with Jira.
• Experience with P4.
• Experience with Music implementation.
• One or more shipped AAA titles.
• Passion for RPG games.
• Work within an international Larian Studios team, spread between Belgium, Canada, Ireland and Russia.
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• Full-time contracts.
• Other perks and benefits.
How to Apply:
Apply by email to email@example.com with “Senior Sound Designer” in the subject line. Include a CV and a motivational letter in English about yourself, your work and your gaming experience, and why you want to work at Larian along with an up-to-date reel/portfolio/website demonstrating your current skill level. As communicating in English is a requirement in our company, the interview will be conducted in English.
Who We Are:
We have been making critically acclaimed RPGs since 1996. Our most recent game, Divinity: Original Sin 2, won over 160 awards and nominations (“Best Multiplayer,” BAFTA; PC Gamer’s Game of the Year) and now we’re busy cooking up our next mad projects. With over 150 people spread across the globe, Larian Studios is a family with homes in Belgium, Russia, Canada, and Dublin. We work every day to create RPGs widely considered to be best-in-class and we have fun doing it.
Who We’re Looking For:
We seek highly motivated individuals with a lot of talent and a heavy dose of player empathy. Whether you’re a junior or a seasoned veteran, Larian welcomes everyone who can teach us something new and help us push the boundaries of possibility. You’ll enjoy independence and space to explore and grow your talents, working in a supportive and rewarding environment with a team of people who’ve got your back.
How We’ll Make It Work:
Once you’ve applied for your desired role, we’ll look through submitted materials and contact you for more information. If we feel you’re suitable for the role, you’ll enjoy healthy relocation support (if necessary), private healthcare benefits, sponsored sport and fitness (where applicable), paid sick leave, and many other industry-leading perks to ensure you’re happy, healthy, and part of the team!