We came across 5 interesting new jobs at Boss Key, Blizzard, CD Project RED, JIBO, and ThroughLine Games – and they’re looking for Sound Designers, Senior Sound Designers, and Audio Directors. Happy job hunting in 2017!
Company: Boss Key Productions, Inc.
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new video game development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community. Boss Key is currently working on LawBreakers a widely anticipated First Person Shooter.
Are you a sound designer or senior sound designer with world class skills? If so, then Boss Key Productions is interested in hearing from you. We are looking for hardworking, self motivated sound designers that will help take our audio to the next level of PC gaming. We don’t care if you come from the world of video games, television or feature films, all we care about is that your work sounds great!
• Be hard-working, self motivated, and a creative thinker
• Have worked professionally in sound for at least three years
• Be able to take direction and produce high-end results
• Be organized and a good communicator
• Have a flexible and agile mindset for a fast paced production environment
• Be dependable and able to manage their own workload
• Has sci-fi and weapon sound design experience
• Work remotely from their own studio
• Has experience working in the Unreal Engine and WWISE
• Can edit and mix sound for cinematic movies
• Has the equipment and ability to field record original elements
Required application materials:
• Current resume or cover letter
• Sound Demo (Online)
• Provide us with a link to your online demo material
• Include a detailed description of what elements you created for the demo
**Submissions without demo material will not be considered
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a full-time Sound Designer to join the World of Warcraft audio team. The ideal Candidate must have a strong creative vision and an internal desire to learn and grow in their pursuit of audio perfection. Come join our audio team and help us to define the future sound of the Warcraft franchise.
The ideal candidate needs to have experience in sound design and environmental audio for games. As a member of the WoW sound team you will work directly with both the sound supervisor and game producer to align creative vision and goals. One must be comfortable in operating in a professional manner while constantly interfacing with the various game artists, designers and engineers in bringing their characters, creatures, and environments to life. The sound designer also contributes to a game’s user interface in order to give players feedback on their gaming experience. Additionally, the sound designer engages with our music brethren to explore aesthetic opportunities and resolve any possible sonic conflicts. The ideal candidate is also able to collaborate with game designers in crafting an audio experience that compliments and melds seamlessly with game-play. Our ideal candidate must demonstrate that they can create exemplary original content and successfully integrate it into the final product. You will be part of a collaborative team of artists, designers, producers, and programmers that all work in conjunction in order to turn concepts into memorable experiences in the final finished product.
• Game audio production credits on multiple major shipped titles in a Sound Design role.
• Experience specifically creating outstanding sound effects, backgrounds, and foley for games.
• Experience designing sounds for fantasy games, specifically creature and spell work.
• Demonstrable proficiency working in DAW workstations, including Nuendo or Pro Tools.
• Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production.
• Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools.
• Experience working in an iterative game development environment specifically in audio.
• Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems
• Demo reel or audio portfolio including representative examples of sound design experience.
• Development experience with MMOs.
• Experience playing World of Warcraft.
• Experience mixing in stereo and surround-sound formats.
• Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture.
• “Building block DSP” such as Kyma, Max / MSP, or Reaktor expertise.
• Scripting and/or light programming knowledge.
• Experience developing games that utilize FMod.
Required application materials:
• Cover Letter which should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
• What games you are currently playing
Company: CD Project RED
Location: Warsaw, Poland
As an Audio Director you will provide a vision and direction for the audio and music layer of our games. You will oversee the sound design and implementation process and will be responsible for the artistic consistency and quality of all the sound related deliverables that we produce. You must be an expert in every sound and music related area like audio direction, music supervision, sound effects, ambience, voice over production, and music. You will provide leadership for our talented audio team and will contribute to all aspects of audio development. As an Audio Director you will be responsible for how the game sounds.
• Providing a vision for the audio layer of the project.
• Music supervision.
• Directing all the sound elements of the game.
• Leading by example and mentoring the audio team.
• Taking part in the creative production process including sound design and composition.
• Overseeing and participating in the audio post production for cut-scenes, dialogs, marketing trailers and VO.
• Maintaining the highest quality standards for all the audio assets.
• Providing technical direction for the audio team.
• Working with the audio producer across content departments to manage and improve content pipelines for audio.
• Cooperation with technical teams.
• At least 5 years of experience in leading a game audio team.
• Proven experience in the production of cross-platform AAA games on PC and current gen consoles.
• Previous sound directing experience.
• Previous experience as a composer and sound designer.
• Expertise with Wwise.
We offer you:
• A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
• A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
• A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
• Private health care & MultiSport card.
• From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
• An exciting chance to work on one of the most acclaimed role-playing games.
• A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
• Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Company: JIBO, Inc.
Location: Boston, MA, USA
JIBO, Inc is looking for an Audio Director who understands the challenge of evangelizing audio and instituting process and visibility across a large, dynamic company. The ideal candidate will be great at maintaining a big picture view of all product features and initiatives to develop a creative audio vision and strategy that is developed with company leadership including Head of Design, Creative Leads, Engineering and Product Management. You will use your expertise to innovate and guide bold new concepts of audio features that build an emotional engagement with our customers. Your bold vision and creative abilities will inspire the team and impact millions.
• Oversee the design and implementation of all audio for JIBO, Inc.
• Explain and demonstrate technical details and express clear aesthetic qualities and requirements
• Direct a small team of audio designers, ensuring quality and consistency of the group’s work
• Inspire and collaborate with onsite audio engineer to create high quality, emotive, and character rich sounds
• Work with dev team to establish appropriate toolset to carryout sonic strategy • Institute a process that addresses audio at a high level across all company initiatives
• Work closely with Art, Design, PM & Engineering to iterate on and drive the best audio experiences
• Handle feature priorities to ensure the products we design ship on time and at highest quality
• Identify and utilize external vendor resources if needed
• Provide hands-on audio design when needed
• Produce VO recording sessions
• Establish and maintain the sonic brand’s creative vision via mood boards, hands-on experiments, etc
• Direct and oversee the creative exploration, design, and implementation of all on-robot audio
• Lead by example and provide both motivation and inspiration to other team members
• Portfolio/demo reel demonstrating a creative, keen ear for audio design principles involving UI, SFX, and Music (we will not consider your application without this)
• Minimum of 6+ years working on audio for interactive digital and physical products including games, apps, toys or equivalent
• 3+ years working as a leader in the field of audio
• Excellent cross-functional communications skills – communicate and interact effectively within a team environment and work collaboratively
• Demonstrated ability to tell great stories and define mood and brand through audio
• Expertise with interactive audio technology and middleware solutions.
• Highly proficient with audio editing software such as ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, or equivalent
• Experience developing audio in the film industry
• College degree (audio related)
• Music composition/instrument proficiency
Company: Audio Designer
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Attention all audiophiles and sound creators! We are looking for the right audio designer to work on our upcoming game Forgotton Anne to be released later this year on PC and Consoles: http://www.forgottonanne.com
• Create the majority of all sound effects in the game
• Use Wwise to assist in implementation (experience preferred but not required)
• Work with recorded Voice Over files
• Be a connoisseur of audio in games and movies
• Experience on games/movies in your CV is a must
• Updated note: You are living in Denmark, preferably Copenhagen. It is important due to the timeframe that it is easy to collaborate in-person when needed. Thanks for understanding.
Forgotton Anne is a 2D cinematic adventure game mixing adventure game elements with light puzzle-platforming and dazzling presentation. The soundtrack features music recorded with the Copenhagen Philharmonic Orchestra in a first-time-ever collaboration.
We are a team of dedicated storytellers and artists who appreciate craft and care in the details. Work can alternate between our office and your own ‘studio’.
Pay depends on qualifications and will be a fixed sum for the whole project. The bulk of the work will most likely take place from March onwards.