We came across 4 interesting jobs at Creative Assembly, Dambuster Studios, Playground Games, and Epic Games – and they’re looking for a Dialogue Audio Engineer, Sound Designer, Principal Audio Designer, and Audio QA Analyst. Bonus: We also just noticed a Senior Sound Designer position at Creative Assembly here.
Happy job hunting!
Company: Creative Assembly
Location: Horsham, UK
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Dialogue Audio Engineer to join our multi-award winning Total War team. Reporting to the Audio Director, the Dialogue Audio Engineers’ primary role is to create AAA calibre dialogue production on assigned projects. Using our in-house, high spec, audio facilities, the right candidate will be working with our team of audio engineers, technicians and programmers to deliver a stellar audio experience for Total War titles developed at the studio.
As a part of our wider and experienced dialogue engineering team, you will work with a wide range of developers to deliver a AAA dialogue experience in line with the styling and feedback set out by the Audio Director. You will have ownership of the scoping, production and delivery of Dialogue, including domestic and foreign versions on assigned projects. Working with other stakeholders to cast and audition actors, record, edit and mix dialogue content to commercial standards for in-game and cut-scene linear usage.
With a high emphasis on quality and commercial standards, you will ensure a rich dialogue experience which is both varied and believable, working with script writers and designers to achieve this. An important element of this role is to continually evaluate and improve the dialogue experience and design, and be up to date on current successful titles and trends in dialogue production and implementation.
As the Dialogue Audio Engineer, you will be integrating and mixing audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software. Liaising with our internal quality assurance team and Development Managers, you will ensure dialogue testing is adequately covered to a high standard. There are also opportunities to mentor more junior members of the team.
Essential Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
• Extensive experience as an in-house game or post-production audio engineer commercially recording dialogue
• Proven experience directing actors and crowd sessions
• Advanced dialogue recording and editorial skills
• Ability to record, track-lay and mix dialogue to picture to commercial standards
• ProTools 9 or above experience to advanced level
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to review work of others and present detailed and constructive feedback
• Able to multi-task projects, plan and schedule dialogue production efforts while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
• A keen interest in and a passion for audio in video games
• HND in Sound Engineering (or above)
• Experienced with the Wwise audio engine
• In-house experience within a game development studio or post-production facility working on Video Games
• Experience working on shipped AAA titles
• Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
• Proficient with Wavelab, Waves Plugins, Izotope RX
We are Creative Assembly. Creative Assembly is one of the UK’s leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves. Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.
Company: Deep Silver/Dambuster Studios
Location: Nottingham, UK
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios are looking for a highly motivated creative and technical individual to join their audio department. We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual, with high quality engineering skills, to join our Audio team. This role requires the Audio team to work closely with other departments, so great communication and team working skills are essential. If you have a passion for games and want to be a part of creating the soundtrack for an exciting AAA title, we want to hear from you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support, follow and deliver on the audio plan set out by the Audio Director to provide a AAA sound experience
• Soundscape and Sound Effects Production using various techniques such as Foley recording, location/studio recording, in addition to manipulating in-house and commercial material
• Audio asset implementation from source, middleware to engine
• Partners with designers, animators, programmers and other departments involved
• 4+ years of professional audio experience in game development
• Shipped from pre-production to release, 2+ large scale titles
• Able to complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
• Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude.
• Strong knowledge of modern DAWs and Digital Audio Editing Software
• Strong passion for making the highest quality, state of the art games.
• Organised and Methodical approach to work & problem solving.
• Strong knowledge of track laying, mixing and mastering linear media such as trailers and cinematics preferably in Pro Tools
• Ability to design and implement innovative audio systems
• Strong technical audio theory background
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Experience in microphone techniques and field recording
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, openness to critique
• Technical knowledge of PC and game console technologies and ability to know how sound works in games with the ability to explain it to people who don’t
• Expert knowledge in next generation AAA game engines
• Willing to relocate to Nottingham, United Kingdom
• Experience of using Wwise in an Unreal pipeline.
• Experience with Steinberg DAWs, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Basehead
• Knowledge of MaxMSP
• Knowledge of 3D object based surround sound formats, such as Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics
• Knowledge of Binaural Encoding Techniques
To apply for this position please email RECRUITMENT (at) DSDAMBUSTER (dot) COM including your CV, cover letter and a link to your online portfolio.
**Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
Company: Playground Games
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Playground Games is seeking a Principal Audio Designer who will be responsible for shaping the soundscape of our entirely new AAA open world action / RPG project. In this role, you will use your talent within the field of game audio production to help shape the soundscape of our entirely new project. You must be a team player, keen to share your own expert knowledge and ultimately help develop those around you using your unique skillset. As a senior sound designer you should be proficient in creating both world class sound effects and bespoke technical audio systems.
• At least 7 years of experience working on AAA games, including development on current-gen consoles.
• Expert working knowledge of Audiokinetic Wwise and Pro Tools.
• An incredibly keen ear for game audio production detail.
• A proven track record of world class technical audio design skills.
• Strong location and studio based SFX recording experience.
• Avid follower of cutting edge game audio techniques and new technologies.
• Excellent communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within an established, highly talented and collaborative team.
Company: Epic Games
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Epic Games is looking for a QA Analyst for our Unreal Engine Audio Development team. The person in this role will be self-motivated, looking to learn and improve, and ready to make a huge impact!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Creating test strategies and test cases for new features or hardware as they come online
• Maintaining and improving existing test cases for Unreal Engine
• Mitigating risk of release by communicating issues and concerns with leads
• Proactively pointing out areas of improvement or concern
• Collaborating with Developers, Production and other QA members of the team to ensure that testing is efficiently and effectively covering all possible testing scenarios
• Setting a good example of testing standards
• Identifying issues; performing root cause analysis to track the issue and work with development for resolutions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
• Experience with both digital and analog audio signal flows as well as troubleshooting techniques.
• Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience working with Desktop Platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Experience working with Mobile Platforms (Android, iOS)
• Experience working with Consoles Platforms (PS4, Switch, XboxOne)
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Understanding of QA Methodologies, tools, and best practices
• Ability to write effective and efficient test cases based on complex systems and features
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas, designs, and issues to both technical and non-technical staff
• Familiarity with CI, Automation, Revision Control, and scripting languages
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon. This is going to be Epic!