Creative Assembly and Hexany Audio are both looking for sound designers (note the Hexany Audio one is inhouse-only). Check out the details below:
Company: Creative Assembly
Location: Horsham, United Kingdom
We take the craft of designing and mixing sounds seriously, so as a creative and technical individual, if being part of an award-winning team and working on AAA productions is important to you then apply now!
• To follow, support and deliver on the audio plan set out by the Audio Director, delivering a AAA sound experience
• To create sound effects using techniques such location/studio recording, Foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded in-house and commercial material
• Integrate and mix audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software
• To create and mix audio content for trailers, demo’s and conferences to commercial standards when required
• To test all aspects of your game audio to ensure in-game playback is as intended and fit for commercial release
• Set high standards for and helps mentor junior members of the team
• When required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
• In-house games development experience at a senior level as a ‘sound designer’ or similar
• Proven excellence with sound design, showing creative flair
• Experienced at integrating audio in to and mixing game projects
• Ability to track lay and mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards.
• Must have completed work on at least 3 shipped full price retail console or PC games, completing full in-house product cycles
• Experience with Wwise audio engine
• ProTool 9 or above experience to advanced level
• Must be a pro-active, problem solver who is highly organized and solution focused – seeks challenges and delivers results
• Ability to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content
• Ability to work as a team player and under own initiative
• Ability to plan, organise and oversee location sfx recording sessions
• HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience
• A keen interest in and a passion for sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment
• Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand a bonus
• Professional location and studio based sound effects recording experience
• AAA video game experience
• A full clean driving licence to be able to attend remote Foley sessions
All Audio applicants are required to submit a show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design.
Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel.
Company: Hexany Audio
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Hexany Audio is a Los Angeles based sound and music production studio founded in early 2012. We specialize in sound design, original music, and dialogue production for games, interactive media, and VR (virtual reality). We’re currently looking for a new Sound Designer to join our team full-time on-site at our studio in Los Angeles.
This is a full-time salaried position in-house. Please no contractor applications. Also note this is NOT a music composition position.
Though our focus is game audio and it represents the vast majority of our work, we also produce music and sound for trailers, commercial advertising, and corporate branding. We’re a company that prioritizes culture and work environment, and want this to be a place where everyone loves to come each day!
As a Sound Designer at Hexany, your role will be highly creative, technical, and collaborative. You will design sounds in Pro Tools and implement your content in-game in Wwise, FMOD, Unity, and Unreal. In addition to needing a great aesthetic sound sense, you also need to be technically proficient with middleware implementation and game engine integration.
- Designing awesome sounds for all types of games (and trailers)
- Implementing sound and music in middleware or direct in-engine
- Recording, editing, and processing dialogue
- Mixing in stereo and surround formats
- Field recording source material
- A passion for video games
- Professional experience with Pro Tools for sound design and mixing
- Professional experience with audio middleware, in particular Wwise
- Proficient with audio integration for Unity and Unreal (UE3/UE4)
- Awesome technical chops on both Mac and PC
- Extreme attention to detail and great organizational skills
- A team-player mentality and the ability to take direction and constructive criticism from project leads
- Experience with Unreal 3
- Experience with Max/MSP
- Avid mini-golfer
Required Application Materials*
1a. Cover Letter, which should include:
- Why you’re interested in working at Hexany
- What games you’ve been playing recently
1b. Demo Reel (include a link (or links) in your cover letter):
- At least three examples of sound design to picture
*Cover letter & resume should be submitted as a single, multi-page PDF document titled Last_First_16SD_Application.pdf. (e.g. Murch_Walter_16SD_Application.pdf)
For inquires, salary information, or to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include 16SD in the subject. Or use the Apply Now button on the Hexany Audio website.