We came across interesting jobs at Epic, Grover Gaming, Behaviour Interactive, and iZotope – and they’re looking for a DSP Specialist, Composer, and Sound Designers.
Company: Epic Games
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Epic Games is looking for a world class DSP specialist with a deep programming skill set who can help build the future of real-time audio applications. You will play a critical role in building DSP systems that support the Unreal Engine, its licensees, and Fortnite.
• Design and implement real-time DSP system for the Unreal Engine.
• Write clear, maintainable, and functional code.
• Profile and tune code to meet performance standards.
• Test and document your work.
• Support Unreal licensees directly via our premium support service, the Unreal Development Network.
• Strong programming skills in C++.
• Minimum 3 years professional DSP programming experience working on the engine layer.
• Experience working with audio middleware like FMOD Studio and Wwise or similar.
• Knowledge of the Discrete Fourier Transform (FFT/DFT) and frequency domain audio processing.
• Knowledge of optimal filter design, as well as digital filter theory and practice.
• Knowledge of VOIP, echo cancellation, noise reduction, and AGC.
• Passion for game audio and video games.
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Knowledge of problems in spatial audio.
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Professional experience in speech recognition and/or machine learning.
• Experience in Music Information Retrieval.
• Knowledge of the Unreal 4 pipelines and framework.
This is going to be Epic!
Company: Grover Gaming
Location: Greenville, NC, USA
SUMMARY: Grover Gaming is looking for a talented composer and sound designer to be part of an innovative and highly collaborative team of artists, game programmers, and other audio professionals. Our goal is to provide entertaining gaming experiences for the video slots and casino market. The Sound Designer should not only have the necessary experience, but also the drive and passion to create fun, exhilarating audio for our games and promotional materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include, without limitation, the following:
• Compose, arrange, and produce full-length tracks to reflect and enhance any given theme
• Develop sound effects that enhance gameplay, help provide clarity for in-game features, and grab a player’s attention
• Collaborate with a team to create the most exciting experience for each project
• Adapt to creative feedback and changes to project scope, style, and timeline
• Offer and develop innovative ways to push the slots and casino experience in each of our games
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent education
• At least 1 – 3 years relevant work experience
• Unique working knowledge and efficiency with FL Studio or other actively supported Digital Audio Workstations
• Unique working knowledge of track composition, recording, and mixing
• Strong familiarity with various music styles and forms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Professional and enthusiastic work ethic
• Music or Audio Production education at a University or post-secondary level
• Strong familiarity with music theory
• Experience working in the video slots and casino industry
• Familiarity with audio recording techniques
• Experience working with voice actors and various audio talent
• Experience implementing game sound in Unity
• Experience with scripting code relevant to game audio
An audio portfolio/demo will be required. This can include personal pieces as well as work-related content.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel
Grover Gaming, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is looking for talented and passionate individuals to add to our constantly expanding teams. Establishing a balance between creativity and professionalism, the company prides itself in producing superior products and solutions. Grover Gaming is a company that has grown rapidly over the past few years, giving employees an opportunity to cultivate new skills and roles. Grover Gaming offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision as well as a 401k Retirement Plan with an employer matching contribution. The company provides Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off based on employee’s time with the company.
Company: Behaviour Interactive
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
In collaboration with the audio lead, the sound designer will create and implement audio for the game.
• Create the audio design for the title, using existing guidelines
• Record and edit new original sound effects
• Design systems to dictate audio behaviour in the game
• Implement audio in the game
• Test and validate audio in the game
• In collaboration with the marketing team, provide audio for linear cinematics
• A portfolio containing examples of sound to picture work is required.
• Diploma in sound design, recording or music.
• Experience with the entire production cycle for a video game, from preproduction to live operations
• Knowledge of general techniques related to sound (recording, postproduction, foley, SFX, music)
• Experience with putting sound to a visual medium
• Excellent knowledge of industry tools (UE4, Wwise, Pro Tools, Perforce)
• Ability to respect deadlines and adapt to scheduling changes
• Ability to work in close collaboration with a team
• Good organization skills, creative mind, troubleshooting skills
• Bilingual (English – French)
• Passion for video games
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developer in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
iZotope is looking for a talented, inspired Sound Designer to help us create innovative and compelling product content that inspires and enables our customers to be creative.
What you will be doing:
Under the direction of the Manager of Customer Care & Sound Design, you will work closely with the product development, product management, and UX/UI teams to craft the vision and sound design goals for all our products.
• Collaborate closely with other Sound Designers and Product Management to execute and translate existing product visions and sound design goals into product content deliverables
• Work with the Research team to provide necessary qualitative sonic feedback during DSP algorithm development
• Imaginative use of audio production tools and sound design techniques to curate and refine existing libraries and where necessary, create high quality original content as it applies to each product release
• Contribute to our comprehensive and ever-evolving sound testing library of relevant content to use in testing DSP algorithms
• Work with third party artists, contractors, and industry partners to supplement content creation as needed
• Continuously learning of the latest music production and sound design techniques and technologies
Requirements of this role:
• Ability to understand, appreciate and anticipate our customers’ needs and wants. Candidates for the Sound Design role at iZotope should already be familiar with the audio content in – or ideally, customers of – products in one or more of our target markets: music production, post production/audio for video, live sound, music performance, and DJ
• Demonstrable skill, in the form of a shareable portfolio, and breadth of experience with music and audio production across a variety of settings and genres
• Familiarity with iZotope’s current line of effects and instruments
• A deep understanding of technical concepts behind audio processors and synthesis techniques.
• Current knowledge of the latest music production and sound design techniques and technologies, using both iZotope and competitor products
• Able to solicit and respond to critical feedback while delivering high quality and on-time execution of sound design content
• Ability to manage relationships with content developers, both inside and outside the company
• 5 + years of audio production experience
• Solid understanding of audio production & design techniques and editing is required
• Experience with professional audio editing tools like (but not limited to) ProTools, Logic, Live, Effect and Instrument Plugins, etc
• Prior experience as a professional Sound Designer
• Experience with software development process and agile methodology
• Deep understanding of iZotope’s current line of effects and instruments
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent
• Previous management experience a plus
This position is full-time and located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
iZotope makes Emmy-winning audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products. We are a rapidly growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.