We came across interesting new jobs at IllFonic, Incredible Technologies, PlayStation, and Hexany Audio – and they’re looking for a Junior Sound Designer, Junior Composer/Sound Designer, Sound Design Intern, and Sound Designer.
We also found openings for a Temp Dialogue Assistant at EA (Star Wars), Senior Audio Developer at Schell Games, and Senior Sound Designer at Sledgehammer Games.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Lead at Insomniac Games, Senior Sound Designers at PlayStation CSG, Audio Engineer at MCDM Productions, Technical Sound Designer at PitStop Productions, Sound Designer at Infinity Ward, and VO Designer at Hazelight. Happy job hunting!
Location: Golden, CO, USA
IllFonic is looking for a Jr. Sound Designer to create and implement sound effects that sculpt the soundscapes of our game worlds. Work directly with IllFonic’s award winning Audio Director to expand your audio skill set, and collaborate with many different artists throughout the studio. The job requires a knowledge of audio editors, audio engineering and sound design. Additionally, you will be learning from some of the best in the industry to become a well rounded sound designer / audio engineer.
- Producing high quality audio assets and implement them in game.
- Managing audio assets in the appropriate software package for the project.
- Working directly with engineers to get the best in game audio results as possible.
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
- Minimum of 1 year audio engineering and / or sound design industry experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in digital and analog audio production or audio engineering
- Exceptional at working in both a self driven manor and with a creative team.
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as its required.
- Please include a demo reel with your application that includes in-game examples of your audio design and / or engineering experience.
- Wwise experience
- Unreal Engine 4 audio and Blueprint experience
- Pro Tools experience
- Game engine audio implementation technologies
Company: Incredible Technologies
Location: Vernon Hills, IL, USA
Incredible Technologies began as a small business start-up in 1985 and has since grown into an industry leader. Now headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Vernon Hills, Illinois, IT employs 230+ incredible individuals. The company’s foundation is built on years of unparalleled innovation within the amusement industry due to the development of groundbreaking game titles including the most successful pay-to-play amusement game in history – Golden Tee® Golf. Today Incredible Technologies has become a leader in casino gaming; with games placed in 29 states, the company is considered one of the hottest new video slot manufacturers in the business.
Incredible Technologies is growing and we believe that every employee plays an integral role in the company’s unbridled success. We foster a culture of innovation and provide a fantastic team-oriented work environment…and because of it we have an unbelievable tenure record – more than half of our employees have been with IT for 9 years or more. Incredible Technologies is a big-time company with small-time values and competitive benefits. We are expanding our dynamic team of personnel to support our continued growth and we are seeking talented individuals who share our same passion for innovation, pride of accomplishment and overall love of the games. Are you ready to get in the game?
Incredible Technologies is looking for a highly driven Junior Composer/Sound Designer to work alongside our in-house team. This individual is responsible for assisting the audio department as needed. The person in this position will also have the necessary skills to develop into an impactful composer, sound designer and audio engineer. This position reports to the audio director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• All aspects of audio production for our marketing videos
• All aspects of audio production for our instructional videos
• Organization of existing and future audio assets
• Voice over editing for casino gaming products
• Game music/SFX creation and implementation for gaming titles
• Maintain audio hardware and software.
• Prepping casino games for online/mobile/social conversion
• Stay current on trends and technologies in the coin-op/amusement, casino game and audio
Required Experience: Entry-intermediate level
• Composer in multiple styles of commercial music
• Ability to play one or more instruments proficiently
• Ability to record and edit voice.
• Knowledge of Pro Tools, Logic or equivalent industry standard DAW.
• Ability to spot audio to picture
• Some exposure to 2-track editors such as Sound Forge, Wave Lab or equivalent
• Experience with virtual instruments such as EastWest, Kontakt or equivalent.
• Ability to maintain and manage large libraries of digital files.
• Have an energetic, positive and fun (yet professional) attitude.
• Will be able to thrive in a team environment.
• Must be able to troubleshoot
• Must be organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to receive and learn from constructive criticism.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask
• Strong technical ability
• Understanding file manipulation, such as sample rate conversion, and file format conversation.
• Must be able to work on-site in Vernon Hills, IL
• General studio organization and maintenance
• Completed college program in music or audio fields
Why Should You Join the IT Team?
• We are award winning…. our most recent accolade was the 2018 Top Workplace Award by The Chicago Tribune for promoting a healthy workplace culture
• Prefer jeans to suits? We have a casual dress workplace which occasionally includes a fun pajama day!
• Do you believe in doing good? We hold several annual employee sponsored charity events to support deserving organizations.
• Our people are our most important asset…we foster a friendly workplace atmosphere and encourage employees to connect with one another through fun, themed on and off site events including making use of our employee lounge area where one can enjoy a puzzle, ping-pong, billiards or foosball
• Like to eat? We do 🙂 We offer fruit and snack days, free coffee, pizza days, an annual Thanksgiving luncheon and so much more!
• “Cel-e-brate good times, come on!” We like to party 🙂 We have an annual holiday party, we celebrate employee birthdays and we celebrate summer every year with an annual movie night and fall with an annual taffy apple day!
• And as if that’s all not enough…we offer a tremendously comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, DCA/FSA, tuition assistance, flexible work hours and paid time off
• Please submit resume, cover letter and online professional portfolio/website to Human Resources here. Applications without these 3 components will not be considered.
Location: San Diego, CA, US
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2019.
- Pro Tools editorial work
- WWISE integration and authoring, field recording, and potential work as production assistant
- Additional duties could include assisting in Foley sessions and sound effect library maintenance
- Understanding of signal flow, audio production, editing and mastering is required
- Solid mastery of Pro Tools
- Understanding and experience with WWISE or other middleware solutions
Field recording experience a plus
- The candidate must be able to take ownership of a task and report progress, or problems, to their supervisor in a timely and clear manner
Company: Hexany Audio
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hexany Audio is a Los Angeles based game audio production studio founded in early 2012. We specialize in sound design, original music, dialogue, and implementation for games, interactive media, and VR (virtual reality). We’re currently looking for a new Sound Designer to join our team full-time on-site at our studio in Los Angeles.
This is a full-time salaried position in-house. Contractors and remote applicants need not apply. Also note this is NOT a music composition position.
As a Sound Designer at Hexany, your role will be highly creative and collaborative. Though the focus will be designing sounds and creating content, you will likely handle additional tasks such as mixing/engineering sessions and implementation in Wwise or similar tools.
We’re currently working on a variety of awesome unannounced projects in the AAA, VR, and theme park spaces and place a strong value on work-life balance- your weekends and evenings will be your own!
- Designing awesome sounds for all types of games/VR experiences
- Mixing in stereo and surround formats
- Field recording source material
- Implementing sounds you create in Wwise
- Occasionally recording, editing, and processing dialogue
- A passion for video games
- Experience working with Pro Tools for sound design and mixing
- Experience working with audio middleware, in particular Wwise
- Awesome technical chops on both Mac and PC
- Extreme attention to detail and great organizational skills
- A team-player mentality and the ability to take direction and constructive criticism from project leads
- Experience integrating assets in Unity + Unreal
- Experience working in VR
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted through our website at www.hexanyaudio.com/jobs. Applications submitted through Indeed will not be reviewed and will be instantly discarded.
- video game sound design: 1 year (Required)
Salary: Annual, based on experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
Job Type: Full-time
DO NOT SUBMIT ON INDEED