We came across interesting new jobs at Sony Santa Monica (CA, US), Tencent (CA, US), and Facebook (WA, US) – and they’re looking for an Associate Audio Producer, Senior Sound Designer, and VR Audio Research Intern.
We also found openings for an Audio Artist at EA (BC, Canada), Audio-Video Production Specialist at Ubisoft (Romania), Sound Engineer Intern at Too Young Ltd (Barcelona, Spain), Senior Audio Artist at Activision, Audio Test Engineer at Frontier Developments (UK), Senior Audio Programmer at PlayStation (CA, US), Research Intern for Spatial Audio at Facebook (PA, US), Audio Designer at Riot (CA, US), and Senior Engineer of Audio Electronics Design at Shure (IL, US).
If you’re looking for audio opportunities at Disney and Disney-owned brands, there are currently 62 audio-related openings here
Company: Sony Santa Monica
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
Join our award-winning God of War team
The Associate Producer – Audio supports and manages scheduling and the day-to-day production of the internal Audio development team in conjunction with Sony’s 2nd party audio production team (PDSG). Responsibilities include collaborating with producers, senior producers, creative leads, directors and studio managers to develop and maintain a specific discipline or project plan to determine resource, budget or schedule needs.
The ideal candidate will have a solid and wide understanding of the influence and role of upstream groups (design, level design, level art, combat, animation, etc.) as well as an understanding of lateral groups (VFX, localization, tools, etc.) which impact Audio throughout the production process.
The role of Associate Producer – Audio is solely focused in game development and any experience in the music industry as an audio producer is not relevant to the position. This is not a creative role.
Support and/or Manage internal game development:
- Responsible for specific phases or portions of product development from concept through final approval.
- Apply working knowledge of Product Development needs to enhance creative relationships, guide the development of new technologies and track progress.
- Work with Senior Producers and PDSG to plan and troubleshoot production resources.
- Support development efforts to keep product on schedule and within budget.
- Schedule and maintain tasking for Audio and interdisciplinary teams.
- Communicate between team members, consultants, inter-company and external resources.
Support and/or Manage day-to-day production issues through analytic thinking and information gathering:
- Break down large or complex tasks into meaningful subtasks.
- Assimilate diverse information and assess the impact of creative initiatives on the project.
- Identify all upstream and downstream groups that may be affected by an aspect of the project, and involve them – actively solicit their input and follow up through execution.
- Hold regular meetings with the project teams and individuals to discuss status, resolve issues and share information.
- Partner with senior members of the team to ensure a common understanding and agreement on the project scope and objectives and on any subsequent changes.
Contribute to current and future Product Development needs:
- Foster and enhance creative working relationships with internal development team and PDSG.
- Work with team managers to understand and support team members’ growth objectives. Escalate any personnel issues to senior producers and team managers.
- Participate in the yearly performance review process.
- Follow necessary processes and procedures for product development to ensure SIE company-wide policies are adhered to.
- Project Management:
- Working knowledge of project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Hansoft, Microsoft Office (Project and Excel), Bug tracking databases (JIRA, DevTrack).
- Familiarity with Agile techniques such as SCRUM, and traditional production management.
- Communication & Collaboration:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Management teams.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices.
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
- Minimum three years of industry experience in video game production with one or more published titles as Associate Producer or above.
- Prior experience working with level design, level art, animation, tools, and/or audio teams.
- AAA experience a plus.
- 4 year undergraduate college degree or equivalent skill set.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Our Journey, Your Story
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
• Roughly 3-5 years’ industry experience in game audio.
• Professional in game audio sound (sound design, foley, field recording, mixing).
• Familiarity with Wwise.
• Proficient command of sound design and mixing with a variety of techniques.
• Experience with the entire game audio design process (sound effect, music, voice over, and middleware implementation)
• Excellent self-motivation and team spirit.
Company: Facebook Reality Labs
Location: Redmond, WA
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs in Redmond, WA is looking for exceptional interns to help us make audio in augmented reality and virtual reality realistic. Expertise in audio, acoustics, signal processing, CPU-GPU parallelization, machine learning, psychoacoustics, and computer science are especially appreciated, but smart, motivated people with strong coding or hardware backgrounds are more than welcome. Strong math skills are a huge plus. We want to build a broad virtual reality research community, so we encourage publishing. Come join us as we make AR and VR happen!
We are accepting applications from students interested in (but not limited to) the following areas:
-Microphone array processing
-Monte Carlo simulations
Our internships are sixteen (16) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
• Design and implementation of novel algorithms to solve audio research problems
• Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
• Communication of research agenda, progress and results
• Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
• Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
• Pursuing a PhD or Masters in Acoustics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related STEM fields
• Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
• Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
• Able to obtain work authorization in the U.S. between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019
• Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or PhD papers
• Proven track record of publications of research results at conferences or research projects
• Experience with C/C++, MATLAB or CUDA
• High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
• Audio/Visual Signal Processing
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.