We came across 5 interesting jobs from Source Sound Inc, Digital Extremes, Riot Games, Sega, and TT Games – and they’re looking for Sound Designers, a Senior Dialogue Engineer, and a Junior Sound Designer. We also noticed an additional opening at Digital Extremes for a Senior Sound Designer. Happy job hunting!
Company: Digital Extremes
Location: Ontario, Canada
Why choose Digital Extremes? Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass video games. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
• Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game. This includes sound design for levels, A.I., weapons, U.I, cinematics, animations, marketing, and other gameplay events. Must be comfortable creating sound design under the direction of Senior Sound Designers and Audio Director
• Implement sound design and other audio into the game engine
• Record Foley and gather field recordings for use in our games
• Record, design, and edit voices and voice overs for use in our games
• Find and fix audio-related bugs
• Maintain a familiarity with basic lua scripting
• Maintain an appropriate game audio mix at all times, on all platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
• Thrive in a small-knit team of passionate audio professionals
• Passion for world-class audio
• Maintain audio program skill set with regards to current industry standards (Pro Tools, Reaper, etc.)
• A portfolio that demonstrates excellent sound design skills
• Above average ability to create sound design for a state of the art next-gen game engine
• At least 2 years’ experience in an audio-related field
• Background in sound design for video games a plus
• Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in both Mac and PC environments
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a Sound Designer in R D, you will use your creative and technical skills to bring game experiences to life through the use of sound. You’ll work closely with the audio lead and other team members to help establish and maintain an iconic audio style that will resonate with players. You will work in an ever shifting and dynamic atmosphere that believes in trying new things and making changes to direction fast and often.
• Skilled: you have professional sound experience and a passion for creating unique and iconic sounds; you ve honed your artistic and technical abilities and are continually looking to grow yourself and those around you
• Adaptive: you are open to design changes and don t mind changes in direction or revisiting content
• Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you re a player too; you’re continually looking to level up and understand how to improve the gaming experience for players
• Driven: you refuse to let projects pile up, finishing your work with diligence that inspires the most industrious; when struggles and setbacks show up unannounced, you put your head down, power through, and never let them get the best of you
• Collaborative: you work well with others understanding that the better you work with the team the more cohesive and solid the audio experience will be, you are able to request assistance when needed from members across the studio and you are willing to participate in an open feedback environment
• Work closely with the audio lead to help define and maintain the creative audio style and standards
• Identify audio opportunities and asset needs
• Create, organize, and implement in-game audio content
• Test and debug in-game audio
• Collaborate with artists, engineers, and other audio team members to ensure a functionally solid audio pipeline
• Be open and honest with feedback and welcome criticism of your own work
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Company: Sega / Total War Team
Location: Horsham, United Kingdom
Joining one of the most accomplished audio departments in the UK, reporting to the Audio Director, the Senior Dialogue Engineers’ primary purpose is to create AAA calibre dialogue production on assigned projects, working with our team of audio engineers, technicians and programmers to deliver a stellar audio experience for the multi award-winning Total War titles developed at the studio.
• To follow and assist in the execution of the audio direction set out by the Audio Director, delivering a AAA dialogue experience
• Scoping, production and delivery of Dialogue, including domestic and foreign versions on assigned projects
• Work with audio engineers and other stakeholders to cast actors
• Record, edit and mix dialogue content to commercial standards for in-game, cut-scene and when required, marketing usage
• Ensure the dialogue experience is rich, varied and believable. Working with script writers and designers where needed to achieve this
• To continually evaluate and improve the dialogue experience / design keeping abreast of current successful titles and trends in dialogue production and execution
• Integrate and mix audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software
• To liaise with internal quality assurance staff and Development Managers to ensure dialogue testing is adequately covered
• Set high standards for and mentor junior team members
• Extensive experience as an in-house game or post-production audio engineer commercially recording dialogue
• Proven experience directing actors and crowd sessions to achieve excellence
• Advanced dialogue recording and editorial skills
• Ability to record, track-lay and mix dialogue to picture to commercial standards
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to review work of others and present detailed and constructive feedback
• Able to multi-task projects, plan and schedule dialogue production efforts while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadlines
• Strong organisational skills
• ProTools 10 or above experience to advanced level
• Able to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content
• Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
• HND in Sound Engineering (or above)
• A keen interest in and a passion for audio in video games
• Experienced with the Wwise audio engine
• In-house experience within a game development studio or post-production facility working on Video Games
• Experience working on shipped AAA titles
• Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
• Proficient with Wavelab, Waves Plugins, Izotope RX
When applying for this role please include in your CV
• Brief Summary of your Achievements/Experience
• Full relative employment history including time periods you were employed at each place
• This should include responsibilities, description of any content produced, day to day summary, credit list and task list, along with if it was Full-, Part-time or casual/contract work
• If you worked your way up from a junior position please make clear each subsequent role
• The highest level of Education certificate you have achieved and any relevant details (grades etc)
Company: TT Games
Location: Knutsford, UK
At Traveller’s Tales, we’re seeking a highly skilled and motivated Junior Sound Designer to join our successful audio team in Knutsford. Our studio has enjoyed producing a plethora of varied LEGO movie tie-in titles over the years, therefore, the Junior Sound Designer should be ready to take on any genre, any theme and be able to react creatively to the challenges that arise. We are a fun loving, hardworking audio team that aims to deliver the most entertaining experience possible through sound. You should be incredibly passionate about game sound design, always looking for ways to improve the sound and technology used within our games.
• Working with Sound Effects:
• Creating SFX, from library or original recordings
• Implementing SFX – using Traveller’s Tales bespoke editors
• Working with Cutscenes:
• Laying-out all audio assets (Music/FX/VO/Ambience) mixed in Surround-Sound
• Liaising with Animation department
• Working with Music (whether bespoke, composed or licence):
• Editing music files (all aspects) to make game-ready
• Working with Voice-overs (VO):
• Working with and editing localised VO
• For all aspects of Audio:
• Detailed knowledge of the most common DAWs and plugins.
• The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
• Awareness of Memory/Disc/ISO management
• Working with artists, animators and programmers in determining solutions to problems
• Assisting in testing audio on release platforms
• Working on multiple projects, simultaneously, according to priorities
• Additional tasks, as required
• HND or above in a related Audio field or relevant Game Audio experience as to meet a similar technical level
• Excellent sound design skills with creative flare
• Professional understanding of Game Audio technology
• Good communication and organisation skills
• Ability to work within strict deadlines
• Must be pro-active
• Knowledge of audio middleware
• The ideal candidate will craft an experience with their work, consider the flow of the game and above all, drive some unique aural experiences
Are you excited by the sound of this position? If you think you can help us take our sound to the next level, we want to hear from you! To apply please provide a covering letter, CV and a link to you showreel and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of the recruitment process you will be expected to complete a sound design task.
Company: Source Sound Inc
Location: CA, USA
Source Sound inc is looking for the next up and coming sound designer to work on our games, commercials and other pieces.
We strongly believe there’s some undiscovered talent out there, ready to join our team. We’re looking for designers that have the talent and the drive to work on some of the biggest franchises. We’re not looking for credits, we’re looking for talent.
We want to see what you can do, using your own style, your own interpretation. To do so please send us your (short) demo-reel and at least 15 seconds of this Pennzoil clip, starting anywhere from 1:15 and up.
No need to use any car sounds (although feel free to cover it), but we’re really interested to see how you’d interpret a scene like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVayZ3MRhys
Then email me a link: email@example.com, including a note that tells me why you are ready to join our team, and why you’d want to.