We came across interesting new jobs at Tencent, Mattel, Bethesda, and Ubisoft Shanghai – and they’re looking for Sound Designers!
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Game Audio Coordinator at Tencent (Palo Alto), Audio Editor Intern at STARZ, Sound Designers at Sony Santa Monica, Senior Sound Designer at Gearbox, and Lecturer in Sound Technology at Edinburgh Napier University. Happy job hunting!
Company: Tencent Lightspeed & Quantum Studios Group
Location: Shenzen, China
Tencent Lightspeed & Quantum Studios Group are hiring sound designers and oversea game audio coordinators for many hit games including PUBG Mobile.
• Roughly 3-5 years of industry experience in game audio
• Professional in game audio sound (sound design, Foley, field recording, mixing)
• Familiarity with Wwise
• Proficient commend of sound design and mixing with a variety of techniques
• Experience with the entire game audio design process (sound effect, music, voice over, and middleware implementation)
• Excellent self-motivation and team spirit
Position is in Shenzhen, China
Company: Mattel, Inc.
Location: East Aurora, NY, USA
The Fisher-Price Sound Design Department is looking for a Sound Designer. This department is responsible for creating audio including music, sounds and speech that entertains children around the world.
- Compose and arrange children’s songs and instrumental music for toys.
- Create and implement the music, sounds and speech for multiple audio projects simultaneously.
- Creatively consult with cross-functional teams (content producers, industrial designers, artists, marketers, managers) on operation & implementation of audio in products.
- Design and edit sound effects produce/mix music, record and edit speech, develop instrument sample libraries according to design requirements and within memory constraints, quality and documentation standards, and audio IC formatting requirements.
- Obtain audio creative approvals by reviewing audio content with team. Make revisions as necessary.
- Support costing and scheduling efforts in the product development cycle.
- Prepare scripts for memory estimation and recording.
- Engineer audio for the resolution and technology used in the final product. Create documentation for programming.
- Set up recording studio. Engineer and direct recording sessions.
- Assist other Sound Designers.
- Follow department guidelines and best practices for audio development, documentation, and file archival.
- Participate in production of audio promotional materials for sales and marketing functions.
- Ability to write in different musical styles and genres (Latin, rock, pop, classical, world, etc).
- Knowledge and background with at least one piece of MIDI sequencer software such as Cakewalk or Logic.
- Strong PC/Mac skills and experience with sound editing software such as Sound Forge, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition.
- Organizational, project management and communication skills.
- Sound design, recording engineering, music theory, composition and performance skills.
- Familiarity with hardware & software music synthesizers.
- Knowledge of modern music production methods (i.e. recording techniques).
- Experience with lyric writing is helpful.
- Experience writing children’s songs or working with children is helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Music Composition, Music Production, Audio Engineering or Sound recording technology.
- 2-8 years related experience preferred.
- Exemplary attendance and job performance.
- Samples demonstrating music-writing ability required.
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Company: Bethesda Game Studios
Location: Rockville, MD, USA
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented Sound Designer to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. In this role, the Sound Designer will coordinate, design and implement outstanding dialogue for our games for current and next generation AAA games.
- Work closely with the audio and design teams to create original voice audio content from original scripts through localized languages;
- Respond efficiently to demands of multiple game teams for voice audio assets;
- Produce studio-ready voiceover scripts from proprietary tools;
- Edit, process and implement final delivered voiceovers;
- Design audio post-processing effects for voiceovers;
- Work with external voiceover casting/directing/recording studios to plan and coordinate recording sessions;
- Work with external voiceover localization services;
- Debug, maintain and ensure the final product quality;
- Playtest and debug game audio systems;
- Work with programming team to provide input on future direction of audio tools;
- Maintain voice documentation such as scripts, casting sides, and post-processing details;
- Attend voiceover sessions and motion capture shoots where required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience creating professional voice audio for games, interactive or other media;
- Excellent audio engineering skills, working knowledge of modern studio equipment, recording techniques, microphones and industry standard tools;
- Experience in voiceover production, casting and directing actors, recording and editing;
- Strong sound design & technical skills;
- Familiarity with audio middleware applications such as WWise, FMOD, Unity;
- Able to manage large-scale voice audio asset production;
- Experience in voiceover production, casting and directing actors, recording and editing;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- A passion for games.
- Experience working with the Creation Kit toolset;
- Experience working with Steinberg Nuendo/Cubase, WaveLab, Reaper, Sound Forge, VST plug-ins, etc.;
- Knowledge and understanding of the video game development process;
- Video editing and production experience;
- Proficiency in music composition and/or with a primary instrument;
- Experience with field recording techniques and equipment.
Company: Ubisoft Shanghai
Location: Shanghai, China
Ubisoft Shanghai are currently seeking an Audio Designer.
Conception, realization and final rendering of parts of the audio in game, following and developing the intentions of the audio director. Report to the audio director.
Qualification & Technical competencies:
- College degree in related field preferred
- 2-4 years sound design experience with credits of successful project(s)
- Solid skills in audio recording, processing and mixing (Pro Tools or Reaper is essential to master)
- Knowledgeable in entertainment industry in terms of video games, movies, TV series, music and fashion culture.
- Capability of creating/editing sound track efficiently for video clips following director’s intentions.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices
- A passion for creating and playing video games
- Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware application
- Familiarity with audio specifications of various game platforms
- Dialogue & Field Recording experience
- Musical proficiency
- Understanding/ Experienced skill with scripts (Lua/Modal etc.)
Optional but Advanced
- Basic programming skill with C, C++
- Ability to implementation basic programming algorithm
- Familiarity with Max/MSP (or Csound, Pd, etc.) , knowledge about audio programming and software DS
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”. Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling. By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment. If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai. Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com