Company: Bohemia Interactive
Our new team in the Amsterdam development studio is looking for an Audio Designer to craft an immersive soundscape for Bohemia Interactive games. You would contribute to the successful Arma 3 sandbox and be on board for new titles on the horizon. We are very interested to literally hear from well-rounded sound engineers who can consistently produce high-quality audio.
– Conceptualization: researching, gathering references and experimenting with soundscapes
– Recording: equipment sounds, Foley work and voice-overs
– Sample processing: volume balancing, mixing, post-processing, etc.
– Music composing: contributing to our game’s soundtrack
– Pipelines: preparing audio for our games and the underlying proprietary engines
– Evaluation: inspecting your work in-game, tweaking and iterating, and enjoying the results!
– Proficient with computer-based audio production software (e.g. Cubase, Vegas, Sound Forge, etc.)
– Able to operate autonomously and to make responsible decisions about time management and priorities
– Quickly able to learn new tools, methods and pipelines
– Adept at interdisciplinary collaboration
– Experience with game development
– Good written and spoken English
– A portfolio containing a proven ability to produce high-quality audio (i.e. by including samples, music tracks, in-game recordings)
– A willingness to work in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– Experience creating audio for games or other multimedia projects
– Experience recording and directing voice talent
– Experience with audio sample libraries and audio formats
– An understanding of traditional studio engineering, audio post production and location recording techniques
– An understanding of the full game development cycle and iterative development methodologies
– Experience with Arma (3) / Real Virtuality engine and the relevant tools
– Experience with Atlassian information systems (Confluence / JIRA)
– Experience with versioning and revision control systems (e.g. SVN)
– Experience with working in teams, across multiple physical locations
– A passion for games
– An opportunity to work on popular game franchises
– Possibilities to directly influence the final products
– A great and friendly atmosphere in a small team
– Jumping on board a new studio adventure from the beginning
– Possibilities for skill development and growth in a dynamic company
– Competitive salary and benefits
– Get all of our games for free
– The satisfaction of seeing your work being appreciated by enthusiastic gamers worldwide
– Flexible working hours
Company: Schell games
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We are currently seeking a talented Audio Designer to join our team and help build educational game and entertainment experiences. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to handle both technical and artistic issues during game development as well as be able to work quickly in a team atmosphere with schedules and reliable milestone delivery. Passion for audio design, SFX, VO recording and cleanup, and musical composition are crucial. The applicant will be working on a variety of projects, under direction of our audio designers. Previous experience with creating and placing audio hooks, mixing and leveling audio, and working with game teams is a bonus.
Candidate will be expected to work in-office at our Pittsburgh location – workstation and tools will be provided. Schell Games will work with the school to provide evaluation for course credit if necessary.
– Portfolio/Reel of work must be available for review
– Expert knowledge Logic, Adobe Audition, or similar DAWS
– Flexibility with adoption of audio styles and range in both music and sound design is critical
– Comfortable working with and mixing from sound banks
– Background in music composition
– Sound recording / Voice recording / Foley experience
– FMOD / WWise / middleware interest or previous experience
– Previous professional experience with franchised media
– Experience with Unity game engine
– Organized spreadsheet and documentation skills
– Can use Source Control (Perforce and SVN) efficiently
– Music polishing/mixing/cleanup assistance
– Digital audio editing and mixing skills
– Voice over coaching, directing, and cleanup
– Familiarity with video capture and editing software
– Interest in researching audio optimization standards
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Plan, distribute and supervise project audio work whilst ensuring that the team works well together and resolving any issues that could hinder the team’s attainment of production objectives.
– Set out the sound design with the core team in the project design phase;
– Realise the impact of the targets set by project managers in terms of workload and resources when designing the scope and deliverables or processing project changes and implement problem-solving strategies for the team whenever necessary;
– Organise and coordinate the activities and resources required as part of the production process at all project phases;
– Challenge team members whenever necessary to ensure that all technical decisions are sound and based on facts;
– Provide visibility for the team on the progress of the deliverables (planned and actual deliverables) and implement solutions to avoid gaps;
– Understand the game’s technical and artistic constraints and important aspects (story, gameplay, vision) to direct/coach the team;
– Approve/ensure the approval of the work carried out by team members at the end of each project phase (iterative process);
– Mobilise the work team by regularly gauging team morale, determining the root causes of issues and implementing relevant solutions;
– Coach employees on how to carry out their work to foster their development by helping to determine development activities (training, COOP, etc.) that meet the needs of the team and team members;
– Implement or optimise work methods and processes for the team that are adapted to project needs;
– Communicate general project information to update members on the progress of the game and other working units and ensure that relevant information is relayed to the immediate supervisor;
– Carry out performance assessments throughout the year and the annual performance assessments of team members and determine and manage personal shortcomings and conflicts;
– Select team members in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Manager and the immediate supervisor (read resumes, interview applicants and test external and internal applicants);
– Ensure that team has the support required (MD, hardware, TD, documents, tools) to ensure that members are able to work effectively;
– Support collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team and with teams from other projects;
– Carry out all other related task.
Skills and Knowledge
– Knowledge of project management;
– Knowledge of the other game production working units;
– Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
– Excellent knowledge of Pro Tools, Sound Forge and MIDI;
– Excellent musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer;
– Knowledge of current engines an asset.
– Leadership skills;
– Ability to delegate;
– Time and priority management skills;
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
– Sense of initiative.
– Substantial working experience in audio for video games or other relevant experience;
– Bachelor’s degree in music, audio or post production or other relevant training;
– Must have delivered over three games, including at least one on a next-gen console
Salary: Competitive + Relocation.
Opening date: 1st July 2016
Closing date: 31st July 2016.
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.