We came across 5 interesting jobs at the University of Salford, Team17, Incredible Technologies, Amazon, and Wargaming Seattle – and they’re looking for a Technician in Psychoacoustics, Junior Audio Designer, Composer/Sound Designer, Audio Designer, and an Off-Site Contract Sound Designer. Happy job hunting!
Company: The University of Salford
Location: Salford, England, UK
You will work assisting research on two major projects within the Acoustics Research Centre (i) S3A: Future Spatial Audio for an Immersive Listener Experience at Home, and (ii) Making Sense of Sounds.
The goal of S3A is to realize practical 3D audio for the general public to enable quality spatial audio experiences at home or on the move. The project involves three Universities (Surrey, Salford and Southampton) with BBC R&D as a project partner. Making Sense of Sounds is trying to convert audio recordings into understandable and actionable information by computer: specifically how to allow people to search, browse and interact with sounds. The project is a collaboration with Surrey University.
Central to both the projects, is a need to understand how humans respond to a wide variety of sounds. We are seeking a technician to carry out the testing of human response to sounds. You will work under the guidance of academics and research fellows from both projects. You should have experience of carrying out perceptual experiments.
At the University of Salford we are committed to an inclusive approach to promoting equality and diversity. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are working to redress the gender balance in Science, Technology, Engineering & Medicine.
Duration of contract: 2 Years
Please note this role will close at 11:59pm on the closing date.
For further information, including details of how to apply, please visit: http://www.jobs.salford.ac.uk/
Location: Wakefield, England, UK
Who could pass on the opportunity to work with the developer/publisher behind titles such as Worms, The Escapists, Yooka-Laylee and so much more! We’re delighted to announce that we have we once again have opportunities for Undergraduates to join the UK’s most exciting, award winning developer and games label, Team17. We’re looking for a number of talented students who are committed to improving their skills by spending a year working as a games junior audio designer on a range of exciting games and original concepts. This is an opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a technically challenging and creative industry.
Team17’s games studio is based in Wakefield, in the middle of Yorkshire – the home of a hundred Heritage sites, music festivals, art galleries and theatres. Close to Leeds, the coast, and the famous national parks of the Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors. With 40% of Yorkshire covered in National Park, it is hardly a surprise to find out that in a recent USwitch.com survey, parts of Yorkshire were categorised as some of the best places in the country to live.
• A competitive salary will be paid for the placement
• Applicants must be enrolled on or be a recent graduate of a Music Technology, Music Composition or Music/Audio specific University course
• You must have a passion for game audio and be averaging a 1st classification in your studies
• You must be able to show good examples of your own work including original Sound Design, Music Composition and Audio Implementation
• Experience with Cubase, Sound Forge, Wwise and Unity is an advantage
• Applicants must send us a link to a Show Reel which illustrates their work describing exactly which parts of the project are their own
• You must submit an application by no later than Friday 31st March 2017 by completion the sections below
• Placements will run from July/August 2017 until July/August 2018 (with some flexibility)
• We will conduct a first sift at that stage and will send selected applicants a test to complete and then selected applicants will be invited to attend an interview/assessment centre. Exact details and dates will be provided later in the process
Company: Incredible Technologies
Location: Vernon Hills, IL, USA
Incredible Technologies is looking for a dynamic music composer and sound designer to add to our audio team. This individual will be responsible for integrating original audio content into proprietary game development environments under tight deadlines. We require a minimum of 3 years of experience developing audio content for games, interactive or similar media. Casino gaming/coin-op experience is preferred but not mandatory. Please provide a link to your online demo/portfolio/resume when submitting your application. This position will work on-site in our Vernon Hills, IL office.
• Create immersive and compelling game audio assets that enhance the player experience
• Integrate game audio assets by using our proprietary tools and working directly with programmers
• Ensure audio assets are created with the proper style and aesthetic appropriate for each project
• Linear in-game music/SFX creation and implementation
• Maintain audio hardware and software
• Stay current on trends and technologies in the coin-op/amusement/casino game and audio industries
• Exhibit strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Exercise great communication skills, as well as be organized and helpful
• Capable of working in a team environment as well as independently
• Able to diagnose problems and make quick, accurate decisions
• Adept in fast-paced environments where multi-tasking and attention to detail are crucial
• Adhere to set schedules
• Communicate and work directly with the game designers and team members
• Compose a wide range of musical genres under tight deadlines
• Design unique, high-quality sound effects for a fun, immersive gaming experience
• Proficiency spotting audio to picture
• File manipulation, such as sample rate and file format conversion
• Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering and/or equivalent work experience required
• Minimum 3 years of experience developing audio content
Required Technical Skills
• Proficiency composing with sample based virtual instruments such as EastWest, Kontakt, 8dio, Project Sam or equivalent
• Ability to cast, direct, record and edit voice over
• Proficiency in Pro Tools, Logic or equivalent industry standard DAW
• Experience with 2-track editors such as Sound Forge, Wave Lab or equivalent industry standard
• Proper recording and sound engineering practices
• Proficiency maintaining and managing large libraries of digital files
• Please submit resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com or apply below
• Incredible Technologies offers a tremendously comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, tuition assistance, flexible work hours and paid time off
• Please include salary history/expectations, as resumes without salary histories will not be considered
• Salary to be paid commensurate with experience
• No Phone Calls Please!
Company: Amazon – A2Z Development Center, Inc.
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Amazon is all in on games. Last year we announced Breakaway, a team battle sport that delivers fast action, competition, and teamwork. Our goals are to continually create compelling content for our customers, and give them a rich universe to engage. Will you be a part of crafting that universe?
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
We are seeking a talented Audio Designer to join the Breakaway team. In this role you will work with the audio team to strive for top quality sound design and implementation. You will work highly independently to collaborate with character designers, animators, and programmers creating compelling soundscapes and effects ranging from characters, environments, videos, and more. Leverage your technical and creative audio skills on a unique and enthusiastic team.
• Create, edit and implement high quality in-game sound effects
• Test all aspects of the game audio to ensure in-game playback is fit for commercial release
• Self-driven to expand on tasks and find ways to push quality
• Work with the production team to set clear timelines, and work to deliver on commitments
• Provide well thought out feedback and constructive criticism that furthers the audio experience game quality
• A great ear for quality and high level of sound design standard
• 4+ years experience in sound designer role
• At least 1 or 2 previously shipped AAA titles
• Professional experience with Pro Tools for sound design and mixing
• Experience Implementing Audio with strong understanding of audio pipelines
• Expert knowledge of field and studio recording
• Ability to multitask and handle a variety of tasks with foresight of schedule
• Strong collaborator, with excellent organizational skills.
• A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
• Experience with Lumberyard game engine
• Experience with Wwise
• Scripting experience in Lua, XML
• Multiplayer experience a plus
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Wargaming Seattle is looking for an experienced video game Sound Designer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is highly creative and technical, with an extraordinary work ethic. The primary focus of this role is authoring and implementing incredible game audio, but you may also be expected to help design game audio systems, audio project structures, and help with source acquisitions. Strong interpersonal skills and a great attitude are a must. Applicants must have their own audio facilities and online connection in order to work off-site. Additionally, applicants are required to submit an audio reel along with a resume, and an audio test may be required.
What you will do
• Author industry-best sound effects and elegantly implement them into the game
• Collaborate with the audio lead to envision, map out, and actualize bleeding-edge audio systems
• Iterate on systems and mix until our game delivers a legendary audio experience
• Participate in field recordings, foley sessions, audio summits, and other excursions
• Coordinate with the rest of the development team, and act as an exemplary representative of the Wargaming Audio Team at large
• Personal off-site audio studio with dedicated internet capable of supporting a VPN connection
• Ability (skills and equipment) to field record and fabricate world-class assets
• Demonstrable technical prowess regarding the implementation of game assets, and building audio systems
• Excellent time management skills, and ability to actualize sounds in the game in a timely fashion
• An upbeat, positive attitude is essential to this role… we’re developing kickass games here!
• Must love/live/breathe game audio and maintain a highly dedicated work ethic with attention to detail
• Consummate knowledge of the game development cycle and standard development tools
• Mastery-level experience using Wwise
• Knowledge of software engineering and scripting
• Contributed to a shipped AAA title’s development from start to finish
• At least 5 years of experience in AAA game development
• Experience in large-scale foley and field recording
• Strong understanding of the principals of acoustics, psychoacoustics, and mixing