We came across 3 interesting jobs from High Voltage Software, Blizzard, and Codemasters – and they’re looking for an Audio Designers and Associate Sound Designers.
Company: High Voltage Software
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL, USA
High Voltage Software has been the leading independent game development studio in the Midwest for over 18 years. Our tenure in the games industry has rewarded us with over 90 shipped titles. Our company is dedicated team focused on delivering the best products in our industry. At High Voltage Software, we give our team members the opportunity to have an impact on our games as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. Ambition and creativity are not just encouraged, they’re expected.
High Voltage Software is looking for creative, talented, and technical Audio Designer with a background in sound design, digital music composition/production, audio engineering and has a high level of literacy in computer hardware and software. This is a distinctive opening to work in a support role that includes console, PC and hand held game development.
• All aspects of sound for linear video
• Localization of audio for a variety of projects
• In-game implementation of all types of audio assets
• Compose, arrange, edit, master and implement music
• Work and communicate with other departments
• Design and implement sound effects
• Perform sound and dialogue editing tasks
• Practical experience with a variety of music composition styles
• Practical experience with a variety of sound design techniques
• In-depth knowledge of the most popular digital audio workstations
• Strong understanding of fundamental audio engineering principles
• Avid video game player
• Strong Enthusiasm for current and past trends in music
• A broad base of musical styles and a history of applied audio engineering is critical
• Excellent problem solving skills, good organization and interpersonal communication skills
• Capable of working individually or in a team environment
• Required Spoken Language: English
• Required Work Authorization: United States
• Experience with TRI’s Infernal Engine
• Experience with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Working knowledge of MIDI software and hardware systems
• Effective knowledge of two-track and multi-track software such as Pro Tools/ Logic/SoundForge/ Vegas
• Ability to play one or more instruments for live recording or sequencing
• Experience with Audio in the video game, film, or commercial industry in a full time, part time, freelance or internship position
• Knowledge of C++ and or scripting dialogs
Company: Blizzard Entertainment
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
The World of Warcraft Sound team is looking for an associate level sound designer. The ideal candidate must possess great enthusiasm, demonstrate a willingness to learn and have a true passion for and desire to work in game audio. The associate sound designer works closely with the game audio supervisor and producer and will be working in conjunction with other members of the WoW sound design team in order to complete their tasks. Through this process the candidate will learn and improve skillsets in commercial and proprietary software and the tools required to perform the assigned tasks. In addition, the candidate will gain experience and grow proficiencies in various forms of sound content creation processes and manipulation techniques including: sound design & editing, voiceover editing & processing, music editing, conforming sound to picture, and game audio implementation. This person must be comfortable working in a highly dynamic professional studio environment and interfacing with other designers, actors, artists, producers.
• Strong passion for designing fantasy based sounds for a massively multiplayer online game
• Strong desire to learn cutting edge sound design techniques and growing their own skillset
• Strong desire to continuously bring otherworldly creatures, environments and spells to life
• Moderate experience using a digital audio workstation (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Ableton, etc..)
• Basic engineering skills necessary to help set up and prepare for voice recording sessions
• Some experience recording sound in the field utilizing portable field recorders
• Some experience recording sound in a controlled studio environment (Foley)
• Must be comfortable working in a professional recording studio environment
• Must understand modern recording techniques and signal processing equipment
• Must be comfortable with direct supervision of their work by audio lead and fellow designers
• Basic knowledge of editing, conforming and mixing sound-to-picture
• Experience using and troubleshooting both Windows and Macintosh operating systems
• Must understand the role that sound plays in helping create player immersion and the furthering of a storyline
• Experience playing World of Warcraft and knowledge of the existing soundscape of the game
• Development experience working on sound for a published game title
To apply, please upload a PDF of your Resume and Cover Letter.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Location: Cheshire, UK
At Codemasters, our mission is to be the world’s leading racing games developer. Over the past 30 years we have consistently created innovative and successful award winning racing games. As we are rapidly expanding, we need more great talent to join our family and help us deliver the best games and services to our fast growing community.
We are making an incredibly ambitious and exciting new racing IP in Cheshire and we are looking for a talented Audio Designer to help us break new ground with audio in racing games. Combining Codemasters heritage in racing and Evolutions Studios success with Driveclub and Motorstorm you will become an essential member of an experienced development team.
This is a new position. It’s an opportunity to make a big impact on our newest project and work alongside our high achieving and immensely passionate audio team. The ideal candidate will have a highly creative approach to sound design as well as an exceptional ability to think technically. Collaborating with creative peers to deliver innovative audio with exceptional quality will be the key to succeeding in this role. Further skills and attributes are listed below. Apply now if you are interested in this opportunity.
• Creative and technical approach to sound design
• Ability to design and implement non-linear interactive audio
• Adept at creating high quality sfx to spec
• Proven skills in industry standard DAWs (Reaper, Nuendo)
• Knowledge of game audio systems such as Fmod/Wwise
• Field recording experience
• Audio related qualification or relevant experience
• A desire to constantly improve, seek out opportunities to learn and develop new skills in all things audio
• Experience recording/editing/implementing Vehicle Audio is a huge plus
• An interest in working with procedural audio systems such as max/MSP, Pd or Reaktor
• Proven ability implementing assets in Wwise/Fmod or other 3d audio systems
• Experience of development on console and PC platforms
• Dialogue editing experience
• Music editing skills (no music composition required in the role, but basic music editing skills are a bonus)
• Passionate and knowledgeable about audio
• Passionate about games
• Strong problem solving skills
• Good teamwork skills, a willingness to collaborate and put forward ideas to the team to help deliver a phenomenal audio and gaming experience