Company: Naughty Dog
Location: California, US
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
- Create wickedly good, context appropriate sound design
- Work closely with the Audio Lead to help shape the game’s audio style and standards
- Plan/script/implement your audio designs for the desired results
- Work successfully within the established ND sound department model
Requirements and Skills:
- 3-5 years game audio experience – additional experience in film or television post-production is a major plus
- Expert command of sound design/editing techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a giving task
- Facility with common professional audio platforms (Pro Tools in particular)
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, Scream…, or similar authoring environment
- A grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio
- ADR and Foley experience – able to help plan and edit recording sessions if required
- Fielding Recording experience – functional knowledge of recording gear, microphones and techniques
- Strong problem solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical
- Excellent communication skills – able to give and request assistance with problems and issues
- Great team attitude – open to collaboration and sharing, receptive to changes and direction
Apply at email@example.com
Location: Montréal, Canada
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,700 people.
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
We are currently seeking a Senior Sound Designer to join our Audio team.
From the beginning of your adventure with us, you will be tasked with:
Creating the entire sound aspect of games under the supervision of the Audio Director.
*Please note that this position does not involve composing music.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Sound Design in the video game industry. Demos will be requested.
• A diploma in Sound Design is an asset.
• The ideal candidate is expected to have many years experience playing video games on consoles and have acquired a good understanding of current sound quality standards.
• Moreover, the ideal candidate should be a team player; have a strong sense of creativity, analysis and synthesis; be hard-working; have effective interpersonal skills; and have strong organizational skills.
• The ideal candidate must also be able to easily create and understand sound environments of video games.
• Extensive knowledge of Windows audio software (Pro Tools, REAPER, Soundminer, SVN, etc.) and audio editors (Sound Forge, WaveLab, Audition, etc.), as well as web tools such as Confluence and JIRA. • Must also have an expert knowledge of the most common VST plugins necessary for editing and mixing audio.
• Complete understanding of technical limitations (audio optimisation, memory, etc.) related to sounds and audio formats used in the industry.
• Understanding and good command of several audio engines (middleware such as FMOD and Wwise.)
• Skilled at recording (sound effects/recording in the field), creating and editing original sounds in different formats.
• Good knowledge of sound effects libraries available on the market.
• Able to manage large databases (lists of sounds) clearly and logically.
• Very good communicator, both verbal and written.
• And above all, you must be motivated and passionate about the job.