We came across interesting new jobs at CI Games, Jyamma Games, Roblox, and University of York – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer (Remote), Senior Mid Sound Designer (Remote), Technical Director – Voice Systems (CA, US), and PhD Studentship in Sound Interactions in the Metaverse (England).
We also found openings for an Audio Director at Smilegate (CA, US), Lead Audio Designer at Mediatonic Games (Multiple Locations), Senior Brand Manager for Music at Riot Games Shanghai (SH, China), Dialogue Recordist at Infinity Ward (CA, US), DevOps Developer Audio Products at Avid (QC, Canada / Remote), Assistant Sound Engineer at Studio Master (Bahrain), Research Intern – Audio and Acoustics at Microsoft (WA, US / Hybrid), Sound Designer at Middle East Broadcasting Networks (VA, US / Hybrid), Junior Sound Designer at Public Audio (Netherlands), Sound Designer at AITC (Nepal), Technical Sound Designer at DFAD (CA, US / Hybrid), and Core Audio Triage Engineer at Apple (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Dialogue Designer at Sony UK (England), Sound Designer at Coatsink (England), and Technical Audio Designer and Senior Audio Designer at Frontier Developments (England). Happy job hunting!
Company: CI Games
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive XXX to join our busy XXX studio and support driving our games forward as we experience exponential growth.
A career at CI Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.Key Responsibilities:
- Concept, record, design and implement world-class audio
- Create, implement and contribute to the creative and technical output of the team
- Be a driver of technology developments, helping ensure that our games are at the forefront of game audio
- Improve workflow, pipelines and audio systems
- Assist in recruitment and training, making recommendations, reports and aligning on strategy
- Engage in scoping and resourcing
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title
- Advanced sound design skills with a proven track record
- Skilled sound recordist (studio and in the field)
- Expert working knowledge of Unreal engine
- Adept of UE Blueprints
- Advanced Reaper user
- Working knowledge of general game tools
- Experience in multi-channel formats
- A genuine passion for games
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming – forever
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.
Company: Jyamma Games
Jyamma Games is a fast-growing independent game studio based in Milan, Italy. Launched in September 2019 with less than a dozen very passionate young game developers, Jyamma Games started its journey in mobile gaming. We’ve brought four mobile games to the global market – Hi-Ball Rush, Matchy Catch, Cowzuuka and Go Down. Along the road, the studio gathered experience skills and very talented people from some of the best companies in the video game industry. Now counting more than 50 collaborators over different countries and under the kind management of some seniors of the entertainment industries, Jyamma Games is working on Enotria: The Last Song, and announces itself as a breath of fresh air for both the souls-like genre and the Italian gaming industry.
Now, we’re looking for a Senior/Mid Sound Designer to join the audio team on Enotria: The Last Song. You will be part of a rich and international team, bringing your talent for audio design to the project.Job Description:
- Taking ownership of the assigned audio topics for the game;
- Creating detailed sound effects using our internal sound libraries, foley recording and field recording;
- Integrating audio assets into the game using Wwise and Unreal Engine;
- Working side by side with the team to shape the audio vision of the project;
- Organizing and maintaining documentation of the audio systems.
- Extensive experience in the game industry with at least one shipped project as a Sound Designer;
- Experience in working with Wwise and Unreal Engine;
- Knowledge of audio editing software and recording techniques;
- Ability to develop and maintain audio systems for the integration of assets in game:
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently without a constant supervision;
- Fluent in English.
- It is a remote job for a self employed only
- Fixed term contract of 2 years
- Atart as soon as possible
As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for this position might be asked to perform a test
Location: San Mateo, CA, US
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.About the role:
We connect people and bring them together in an immersive experience. Voice is one of the fundamentals of communication and we make it immersive at Roblox. We are part of the Roblox Engine and promote all the media foundations. As Technical Director (Individual Contributor), you'll oversee our Voice Systems architecture and its path to grow.You will:
- Build an architecture strategy for our Voice system at mass scale to enable broad communication experiences
- Align teams to the strategic vision, understand the business implications and what it is can unleash
- Own a comprehensive scale plan for the system and all its dependencies
- Articulate the system bottlenecks and how all subsystems fit together to form a unified scalable system
- Design architecture improvements to help the next generation of Voice experiences
- Be the domain champion and set the standard for technical quality
- Change the world
- Over 15+ years of experience in large media systems (preferred Voice). You have B.Sc./MS in Computer Science.
- Proven record in shipping high-scale media system products resulting high customer impact
- Experience in system engineering, understanding of scale constraints, reliability aspects, and quality of service.
- You are an industry expert, with an understanding of technology in the area of: Streaming, Voice, Audio, Video. You have the passion and excitement to break new technology boundaries.
- Ability to work cross-team, with people, and have a profound communication in yours and their technical domain
- Ability to lead technical teams in vague situations and be able to create the path while getting everyone united toward a unified vision
- Not afraid to experiment and bring new controversial ideas
- A visioner, you imagine the far future and operate in steps to make it happen
- A team player, working collaboratively with others, able to influence and open to be influenced by other ideas
- Analytic, basing your thoughts on data, and able to construct an overall rationalization around it
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.Annual Salary Range
$383,910 — $440,190 USDYou’ll Love:
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
At Roblox HQ:
Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: University of York
Location: York, UK
Join a dynamic team of researchers exploring audio for extended reality technologies and the exciting impact it can have on our world. Three PhD studentships, starting September 2023, based at the University of York covering home fees and a stipend for 3.5 years
SIM is an exciting opportunity to study in a collegiate research environment with world-leading academics, companies and third sector organisations conducting challenge-led research around sound related metaverse technologies. We are looking for a diverse group of motivated candidates interested in building cross-disciplinary skills and expertise linking levels of research across technical development and testing, content design, user experience, and evaluation of broader impact on society.
The metaverse has been heralded as the third wave of media convergence, and where the real and virtual, physical and digital meet. Now a household term, it encompasses all aspects of extended reality (XR) and supporting technologies (e.g. 5G, AI and Machine Learning). Alongside entertainment, the metaverse is set to significantly impact global industries including healthcare, education and telecommunications.
Centred around the development of immersive and interactive technologies, this PhD training programme exploits York’s network of audio and related expertise around the metaverse, and collaborative interdisciplinary working. It encompasses a breadth of topics rooted in audio engineering, communications, computer science, gaming, music, arts, education, psychology, linguistics and health sciences.
Through this interdisciplinary programme we will train the next generation of researchers and industry professionals able to make a difference in the metaverse space. The cohort training programme will be designed to up-skill individuals with necessary expertise to conduct cutting edge interdisciplinary research that combines methodologies and approaches from multiple fields including, but not limited to, audio engineering, programming for XRtechnologies, perceptual testing, empirical paradigms for audio research, qualitative and quantitative data analysis etc…
The training programme has significant industry support, with partners including Sonical, Sony Interactive, BBC and many others. Each PhD project is supported by two academic supervisors based at the University of York and an industry partner who will provide support through additional supervision and facilities, with the possibilities of hosted internships within the lifetime of the project.
Why apply to SIM?
The University of York is committed to conducting research that positively impacts people’s lives, and providing equality of opportunity. York is currently holder of the Athena Swan Bronze Award for gender equality in higher education.
The SIM cohort of five PhD students in 2023, growing to eleven in 2024, will receive training in research methods, recording techniques for XR, immersive audio systems, AI and responsible innovation and co-design. You will also develop a personal training plan with your supervisors and industry partner accessing existing taught modules across the University. There will be opportunities to work directly with industry and third sector organisations through placements, research exchanges and knowledge exchange events.
##Click on the PhD’s below to find out more information about the projects and how to apply:
#PhD 1: Treating Auditory Hypersensitivity in Autistic Children using Virtual Ambisonics
#PhD 2: Effect of Contextual Sound Perception on Metaverse User Experience
#PhD 3: Real-time Hybrid Acoustic Simulation for Metaverse experiences
Who should apply?
Candidates must have (or expect to obtain) a minimum of a UK upper second-class honours degree (2.1) or equivalent and a strong interest and experience in sound and audio technology. Their formal training and qualifications may be in disciplines not directly associated with audio engineering or metaverse technologies.
We especially welcome applications from candidates belonging to groups that are currently under-represented in metaverse-related industries; these include (but are not limited to: women, individuals from under-represented ethnicities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people from low-income backgrounds, and people with physical disabilities.
How to apply
When applying please select ‘CDT in Sound Interactions in the Metaverse’ as your source of funding. You do not need to provide a research proposal, just enter the name of the project you are applying for.
Please visit the SIM webpage for full details and how to apply. You can contact us at email@example.com
We expect strong competition and encourage those interested to submit applications as early as possible. The deadline for applications is 12:00 noon (GMT) on Monday 20th March 2023.