We came across interesting new jobs at Playground Games, Feel Free Games, Outfit7, and Studio Wildcard – and they’re looking for a Dialogue Designer (England), Unity Sound Designer (Remote), Sound Effect Artist (Slovenia), and Technical Sound Designer (WA, US).
We also found openings for a Producer at Studio Wildcard (WA, US), Production Audio Assistant at No. 8 (England), Post Producer at Brave Spark (England), Production Manager at Lowkey Films (England), Production Assistant at Knucklehead (England), Studio Production Manager at Blink Ink (England), Studio Post Producer at Blink Ink (England), Junior Audio Editor at Deluxe (CA, US), Studio Assistant at Liquid Violet (England), Post Production Assistant at Liquid Violet (Remote), Producer at Park Village (England), Audio Implementation Specialist at Infinity Ward (CA, US), Audio Designer at Ubisoft Berlin (Germany), and Producer at Brave Spark (England).
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Read an audio deep-dive on the sound of Forza 5 – with Lead Audio Designer Fraser Strachan.
• Honor the very best sound effects libraries, plug-ins and virtual instruments from the sound community.
Company: Playground Games
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Playground Games is looking for a Dialogue Designer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.About us:
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.About the role:
As Dialogue Designer, you will work closely with the Audio, Cinematic, Design, and Narrative teams to cast a diverse set of characters and work with actors and voice over directors to deliver top tier quality vocal performances.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.What you will do:
- Assist with implementation of all voice over in the game.
- Edit and process voice over sessions to deliver game-ready assets.
- Assist with the management of outsource engagements and review delivered assets.
- Run remote voice over sessions and be willing to travel to multiple voice over studios to be on site for casting and voice-over sessions.
- Work with localisation studios to deliver a global release.
- Worked on at least one published AAA title as Dialogue Designer.
- A detailed knowledge of the most common digital audio workstations and plugins. Knowledge of FMOD and / or Wwise, ideally having shipped AAA games using either.
- An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail. Understanding of microphone technique and acting coaching/voice direction preferred.
- An understanding of in-game dialogue systems and pipelines preferred, as well as the ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for game audio and lead an active gaming lifestyle
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Company: Feel Free Games
We’re an experienced team who are having a lot of fun working on a fully-funded relaxing retro-style country life sim. Why don’t you join us?Are you great at designing awesome sounds for games? Have you already got experience implementing audio for games in Unity? Can you show us how experienced you are with a portfolio of your own sound designs and audio implementations made by you in Unity? If so, we might have the perfect job for you.
We’re looking for a talented individual who loves to design sounds and to polish the sound experience so it matches the quality of the rest of the game and can elevate it to the next level.The job involves:
- Sourcing, recording and designing sounds for the game.
- Mixing and designing audio in Unity.
A formal qualification in sound design/sound engineering is a plus. However, sheer talent can make up for a lack of academic merit if your portfolio is impressive and you’re great at using Unity.
In return, we can offer you a permanent, full-time job, a good salary – and a friendly and fun work environment without crunch time.
Our office is based in the Netherlands but working remotely is an option if your timezone is max +/-3 hours from Central European Time.
Interested in the job?
Please be aware that if we shortlist your application, you will be asked to do an unpaid test where we provide a short in-game video clip that you need to design the sounds for.
To get started, please apply via our website before the 23rd of Dec 2021.
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Do you have sound design skills, video game development experience, and a desire to work with a talented team? We’re looking for a Sound Effect Artist to join us in our Ljubljana studio. Someone who knows how to create stellar sounds and can take tasks from idea to recording and implementation. Are you experienced with existing technologies and keen to explore new ones? Do you have an incredible ear for sound? Do you want to develop your skills even further? Then this might be the role for you.
LEVEL UP WITH THE ART TEAM
Create art that impacts millions of people around the world every day.
Learn from the industry’s best and brightest through regular art workshops.
Thrive in a creative work environment that has a great social life and no office politics.
In this role you will
– Ensure that the company’s audio output and games are up to their usual high standards.
– Create, record, edit, mix, and implement sound effects, voices, and music.
– Handle and organize all audio assets.
– Research and investigate new technologies and workflow optimizations.
– Work efficiently as part of the team in a multilingual environment (the primary language is English).
– Work closely with the company’s internal game design, art, and programming teams.
– Communicate with external parties, such as music composers.
What we’re looking for
– High levels of creativity, originality, and self-organization, with the ability to adapt sound styles to suit a wide range of games.
– Ability to act as the holder of a vision, while also supporting and seeking consensus from a talented team of artists and game makers.
– Understanding of cutting-edge audio techniques.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency in the English language (both written and spoken).
– Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude.
– Good sense for production and workflow optimization.
– 3+ years of experience in game development and at least three shipped titles as an audio effect artist (any title). – Strong technical background.
– Experience with managing large sets of assets.
– Familiarity with game audio libraries and middlewares (FMOD, WWISE, or other).
– Experience using Unity Editor or a similar game engine, as well as any industry standard DAWs, audio tools, and audio plugins.
– Experience in mixing and cutting music into complex musical arrangements.
– Experience doing castings, voice directing, voice recording, editing, and syncing to animation.
– Experience recording Foley and other SFX and designing them to create unique sounds.
– Music composing experience is a plus.
– Knowledge of Nuendo is a plus.
What we offer
– Employment relationship with Ekipa 2 d.o.o. (an Outfit7 subsidiary) for an indefinite period, with a six-month probationary period.
– Diverse work with exciting daily challenges, working as part of a young team in a fun, relaxed environment.
– The opportunity for personal and professional development.
– Participation in attractive projects.
– A compensation package will be constructed, consisting of a base salary and participation in a profit-sharing venture.
Company: Studio Wildcard
Location: Seattle, WA, US
We're Studio Wildcard, developers of the smash indie hit ARK: Survival Evolved — one of the most popular and original video games in recent years. Despite our massive success, we've been able to stay independent, so that we can steer our own future in games and beyond. There's never been a better time for you to join this adventure and help us build ARK II, the next chapter of our original hit franchise! We're expanding and updating many of the ARK community's most beloved features, while taking full advantage of the latest tools and technologies. And now we're searching for an exceptionally talented and passionate Technical Sound Designer who can work with our Audio Director to bring the soundscape to its highest potential utilizing the many new features related to sound in Unreal Engine 5.Job Responsibilities:
- Setup core audio components including Options Menu, Streaming, Occlusion and Reverb
- Design procedural audio systems through MetaSounds and Blueprints
- Create an adaptive music system utilizing Quartz
- Work with Tech Art, Environment and VFX teams to integrate sound with Niagara
- 5+ years of experience in Unreal Engine 4
- A portfolio of Blueprint systems
- Solid knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, mixing and mastering
- A passion for sound
- Basic understanding of C++
- Interest in Psychoacoustics, music theory
- Cover Letter which should include
- Why you are interested in working for Studio Wildcard
- What games you are currently playing
Studio Wildcard was founded in 2014 by industry veterans Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions designed for core gamers. With countless years of combined industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Wildcard's core team continues to grow, with offices in Redmond, WA and Gainesville, FL including distributed team members across multiple continents.