We came across interesting new jobs at Bulkhead, Tencent Games, Sago Mini, and Panic Button – and they’re looking for a Audio Designer (Remote), Game Audio Design Intern (Singapore), Sound Designer (ON, Canada), and Audio Designer (TX, US).
We also found openings for a Lead Sound Designer at The Chinese Room (England), Audio Director at Phoenix Labs (BC, Canada), Lead Audio Designer at Bulkhead (England), Sound Designer at Motorsport Games (England), Sound Designer at RUN Studios (WA, US), Lab Specialist – Film Audio and Editing at Full Sail University (FL, US), Senior Audio Programmer at Lightspeed LA (CA, US), and Principal Audio Designer at Lightspeed LA (New Zealand / Remote).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Associate Audio Programmer at Tencent Games (CA, US / Hybrid), Audio Post Production Engineer at Disney Media (CA, US), Technical Product Owner for Audio at Frostbite (Remote / Canada), Audio Director at Atomic Arcade (NC, US / Hybrid), Business Analyst at Voicemod (Remote), Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Music Performance at University of West London (England), Lead Audio at Ubisoft Reflections (England), and Senior Audio Designer at Gearbox Studio Québec (QC, Canada).
Having trouble viewing the LinkedIn jobs? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first. Happy job hunting!
As our Audio Designer at BULKHEAD, you will support the design and implementation of a wide variety of audio assets. You will work alongside other audio designers and audio programmers to execute the vision of our games, having a keen interest in first person shooters.
The team at BULKHEAD are a tight knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. Our team members are multi-disciplined developers who strive to push boundaries, question the norm and are always looking for better ways to do things.// RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement sound effects for various aspects of the game, including characters, weapons, environments and UI elements.
- Record, edit, and process audio for use in the game, using various software tools to manipulate audio files and create desired sound effects.
- Work closely with the development team to implement audio assets into the game engine, including setting up audio triggers, ensuring audio playback is synchronised with the game’s visuals, and testing audio in various scenarios.
- Collaborate with other team members, including game designers, programmers, artists, and producers, to ensure that audio elements fit within the game’s overall design and vision.
- Maintain and organise audio assets, including keeping track of audio files, version control, and archiving old audio assets when necessary.
- Contribute to sound design documentation, including style guides and best practices for audio implementation in the game.
- Should be able to demonstrate a high level of skill when designing unique sound effects.
- Passionate about audio and games, with a well-developed ear for game audio.
- Understanding of middleware and implementation pipelines.
- Great communication skills, a willingness to learn and share knowledge and able to act upon and give constructive feedback.
- Ability to work independently.
- Interest and passionate about games.
- Understanding of music production and theory.
- Experience and knowledge of recording techniques [field and studio], and sound synthesis [Max MSP, SuperCollider, etc]
Company: Tencent Games
Location: Capital Spring, Singapore
Tencent Games was launched in 2003, and has since grown into a leading global platform for game development, publishing and operations. We provide high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games, including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and h League of Legends, to hundreds of millions of players across over 200 countries and regions.
We are committed to exploring the full potential of games, leveraging the rich IP resources within Tencent that span across literature, anime, film, and television. In addition, we actively collaborate with game developers and publishers to create high-quality interactive entertainment experiences.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to join our audio team and assist in creating high-quality content for our games. As a Game Audio Intern, you will work closely with our audio team to create and implement audio assets for our video games. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to learn and gain practical experience in the video game industry and contribute to the development of our next hit game.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of audio assets and resources
- Work closely with the audio team to ensure high-quality audio content
- Edit and mix audio content to ensure the best audio experience for our players
- Test and troubleshoot audio-related features and functionalities
- Perform other audio-related tasks as assigned by the audio team lead
- Help organize and maintain sound libraries
- Currently enrolled or have recently graduated, with a degree related to audio/media production, or game development
- Basic understanding of audio production and sound design principles, and/or game development
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for video games
- Proficiency in audio editing software (e.g., Nuendo, ProTools, Reaper..)
- Familiarity with game engines and middleware (e.g., Unity, Unreal Engine, FMOD, Wwise)
- Practical experience in the video game industry
- Exposure to industry-leading tools and technologies
- Exposure to teams from other disciplines in the video game development pipeline
- Opportunity to work with an experienced audio team that has shipped multiple AAA titles
- Opportunity to cross-collaborate with overseas teams
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of a highly anticipated video game
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and passion for video games. A demo reel of your work is highly encouraged. We look forward to hearing from you!
Company: Sago Mini
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschool apps and toys worldwide. We are supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers devoted to play. With over 100 million downloads, three subscription services, and 40+ apps, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.About You
You are a creative at heart with a passion for sound design. You are a great communicator, an organized individual, and a team player who thrives off collaboration. You are open to feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve your skills. You have no problem diving into the weeds and getting your hands dirty. You excel at balancing multiple priorities, shifting gears, and wearing many hats. Your colleagues appreciate your ability to keep on top of your work and stay ahead of the game.About the Role
Sago Mini is seeking a sound designer to join our team! You will have the opportunity to wear many hats, work with different teams, and manage multiple priorities as it relates to sound at Sago Mini. Using your skills and experience, you will have the opportunity to work closely with developers and technical artists to bring the joy of sound to content and experiences created for kids.What You'll Be Doing
- Working on the coordination of sound files; adding and organizing of the audio library
- Communicating requests to the sound engineer, voice over team, and external studios
- Mastering audio files to provide consistency and balance between sound effects and music
- Editing and mastering voice over content
- CAssisting in creating sound effects consistent with the Sago Mini brand
- Managing sound requirements from developers and technical artists
- Reviewing sound implementations and helping to adjust in Unity
- 1-3 years of experience in sound design or a related field
- Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) experience
- Experience in mixing and mastering
- Proficiency in asset management software
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest or experience in the children’s space
- Music composition abilities
- An interest or background in character voiceover work
- Familiarity with Unity
- You'll get an email response confirming we've received your application and portfolio, and we'll let you know within a few days if we'd like to schedule a follow-up.
- If you're moving ahead, we'll book a call to learn more about your experience in a first round interview.
- If the fit is there and your skills and competencies align with the role, you will complete a short sound design exercise for submission.
- If the exercise is successful, you will meet with the hiring manager and team prior to a decision being made.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children's entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
Company: Panic Button
Location: Austin, TX, US
- Ability to be onsite
- Problem-solving skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- PC building and troubleshooting
- Windows 10/11 knowledge
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Excellent customer service
- Linux knowledge
- Windows Server knowledge
- Antivirus and Malware solutions
- Onsite firewall skills
- Public website maintenance experience
- Version control software maintenance
- Helpdesk software and ticketing system usage experience
- WiFi configuration and maintenance
- Associate degree or advanced apprenticeship in Computer Science or relevant disciplines
- Proven work experience in IT support or IT technician roles
- Practical experience with internet and network security protocols