We came across interesting new jobs at EA, Studio Wildcard, BBC Studios Audio, and Timbre Games:
- EA is hiring a Senior Dialogue Coordinator to be responsible for the entire voice over pipeline (US / Canada / Remote)
- Studio Wildcard is looking for a Sound Designer to create a visceral soundscape in ARK: Survival Ascended (WA, US)
- BBC Studios Audio is seeking a Head of Production to manage their new audio production business, serving BBC, Audible, Apple, and more (England)
- Timbre Games requires an Audio Designer – Speech to contribute to the entire process of voiceover and dialogue production (BC, Canada)
To learn more about these featured jobs, scroll down to see their full descriptions 👇
We also found a number of additional audio jobs for you – here are the direct links:
- Audio Designer at Triple Espresso S.A (Warszaw)
- Senior Sound Designer at Flying Wild Hog (Poland)
- Sound Technician at Ubisoft Toronto (ON, Canada)
- Remote Game Tester at Immersely Limited (Remote)
- PhD in AI and Music at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Spain)
- Studio Manager at dbc sound inc (BC, Canada)
- Junior Sound Designer at RD Content (England)
- Core Audio Software Engineer at Apple (CA, US)
- Freelance Online/Finishing Sound Mixer at STAMPEDE (CA, US)
- Music Counsel at Epic Games Cary (NC, US)
- Senior Podcast Producer at Listen (England / Hybrid)
- Audio Technician at DR Medieproduktion Lyd (Denmark)
- Audio Programmer at Avalanche Stockholm (Sweden)
- Sound Recordist at Boone Street Entertainment (England)
- Audio Software Developer at Aalto University (Finland)
- Voice Designer at Ubisoft Montréal (QC, Canada)
Having trouble viewing the jobs on LinkedIn? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first.
Happy job hunting! Best wishes from Asbjoern and Adriane.
Highlight – sound stories this week:
– watch the very first A Sound Effect video highlight below:
Location: US / Canada / Remote
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Dialogue Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a multitude of tasks including but not limited to: script preparation, voice direction, recording tracking, selection of takes, audio editing, batch processing, voice design (processing), and integration. This role also involves coordinating with the localization team and managing dialogue standards and documentation. In collaboration with our technical audio designer and audio engineer, the Senior Dialogue Coordinator will help establish and implement technical dialogue audio workflows and systems.
You will be tasked with supporting the final dialogue mix, ensuring audio quality, and confirming mastering specifications. Other responsibilities include overseeing ADR materials for recording and editing sessions, coordinating audio assets for the animation department, and ensuring the overall quality and correct implementation of all voice assets. A crucial part of the role involves working closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure assets are prepared for implementation into the game.
This includes liaising directly with the Game Director and Audio Director to ensure the desired audio and performance aesthetic is achieved. In addition, the role involves coordinating with the Narrative department, Cinematics department, and other departments to maintain an efficient dialogue pipeline and ensure high-quality, timely dialogue delivery. The successful candidate will foster teamwork and cooperation both within and beyond the Audio Department and encourage and appreciate creative feedback and suggestions from team members.What you’ll do…
- General responsibilities may include script preparation, voice direction, recording tracking, pick takes, editorial, batch processing, voice design (processing), integration, coordinating with localization, etc.
• Generate dialogue standards and documentation
• Work with technical audio designer and audio engineer to establish and help implement technical dialogue audio workflows and systems
- Support final dialogue mix, inspecting audio quality and mastering specifications
- Organize and supervise ADR materials required for recording, editing sessions, and take selections based on ADR scripts' notes
- Coordinate audio assets going to/from the animation department
- Ensure the overall quality and correct implementation of all voice assets
- Collaborate with internal depts and other partners to ensure assets are ready for implementation into the game
- Liaise directly with the Game Director and Audio Director to ensure the audio and performance aesthetic is accomplished
- Coordinate with Narrative dept, Cinematics dept, and other dept leads to maintain a smooth dialogue pipeline and ensure high-quality, timely dialogue deliver
- Encourage and appreciate creative feedback and suggestions from team members
- Foster teamwork and cooperation both within and beyond the Audio Dept.
- Proficiency in Wwise
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
- Shipped 2 to 3 AAA titles with extensive dialogue experience
- Experience in Unreal Engine (UE), especially UE5
This position offers the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic environment and play a key role in the development of our game.COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 – $141,800 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 – $141,800 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $105,250 – $141,800 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 – $118,550 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 – $130,750 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 – $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Company: Studio Wildcard
Location: Seattle, WA, US
We're Studio Wildcard, developers of the smash indie hit ARK: Survival Evolved — one of the most popular and original video games in recent years. Despite our massive success, we've been able to stay independent, so that we can steer our own future in games and beyond. There's never been a better time for you to join this adventure and help us build ARK: Survival Ascended, the remaster of our original hit franchise! We're expanding and updating many of the ARK community's most beloved features, while taking full advantage of the latest tools and technologies. Wildcard is searching for an exceptionally talented and passionate Sound Designer who can work with our audio team to create a visceral and immersive soundscape through inspired audio content creation and savvy technical implementation.Job Responsibilities:
- Design sounds for game content
- Implement audio assets in Unreal Engine
- Work with Audio Programmer to build procedurally generated audio systems through MetaSounds, Blueprints and Niagara
- Record foley for items and props
- Record in the field to capture environment sounds
- Support dialog workflow by editing, processing and exporting files
- Track content creation and QA with project management software
- Credits on previously released games
- Expertise creating audio in a Digital Audio Workstation
- Practice with modern design techniques and sound synthesis
- Experience implementing audio content in Unreal Engine
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Cover Letter which should include
- Why you are interested in working for Studio Wildcard
- What games you are currently playing
Studio Wildcard was founded in 2014 by industry veterans Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions designed for core gamers. With countless years of combined industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Wildcard's core team continues to grow, with offices in Kirkland, WA and Gainesville, FL including distributed team members across multiple continents.
Company: BBC Studios Audio
Location: London, UK
Location: London (with travel to Bristol and Salford bases)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: 12778 in the subject.
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit for a Head of Production for the newly formed Audio Unit in BBC Studios. This senior production management role, working in partnership with the Director of Audio, the Commercial & Business Development Director and Senior Editorial colleagues, will manage a newly formed audio production business, delivering content to the BBC, Audible, Apple and elsewhere. The Head of Production will play a key role in the leadership of this unit, with line management responsibility for a production management team across London, Bristol and Salford.
This is a critical role in overseeing the delivery of a breadth of outstanding content, from impactful investigative serials such as Believe In Magic and Things Fell Apart; long running prestige Radio 4 series such as Desert Island Discs and In Our Time; and an extensive slate of award-winning Comedy and Drama output. The Audio Unit has a mission to create and deliver compelling, premium audio to a wide-ranging global audience.Main Responsibilities
The role has specific responsibility for financial management and delivery of productions, Health & Safety and for the quality and efficiency of production management processes.
- Implement production strategy, providing excellent leadership to the Production Management team
- Working in close partnership with editorial colleagues to oversee a pipeline of programmes and development ideas
- Responsible for consistency of approach in managing productions, sharing knowledge and best practice across the company, working in close collaboration with other Heads of Production
- Deliver significant input into decisions regarding the financial and operational performance of all productions
- Responsible for the financial performance of a P&L, managing an annual overhead budget and profit margin
- Negotiate and oversee budgets ensuring quality and maximising project value, ensuring margins are built in and delivered
- Implementing the Diversity and Inclusion strategy for the business unit, making sure all direct reports understand it
- Responsible for ensuring development teams are provided with up-to-date buyer price point information, and supported to ensure proposals are aligned with available funds, realistic timescales and opportunities for commercial exploitation
- Responsible for planning and managing relevant capacity in line with strategic objectives
- Jointly accountable with senior editorial colleagues for ensuring an understanding of, and compliance with, relevant policies, guidelines, legislative and regulatory requirements (with particular emphasis on Health & Safety, Risk Management and BBC Editorial Policy), in order to minimise the risk to BBC Studios
- Accountable for ensuring production teams have clear understanding of timescale, rights and clearances required on each project
- Responsible for allocation of funds in line with the budget: approving, setting, reviewing and monitoring costs and forecasts to ensure effective risk management of spend
- Ensure all Audio governance is adhered to – including greenlight, start-up and any HR or legal approvals
- Responsible for leading or supporting negotiations for on-air talent and key contributors where necessary
- Ensure adequate training, development and performance management arrangements are in place for the production management team
- Foster close working relationships with Editorial, Commercial, Business Affairs, HR and Talent Teams
- This role would suit an experienced Production Executive with at least 3 years’ experience in a senior role leading a team
- Can demonstrate excellent external and internal relationship-building
- A track record of budgeting and managing complex output with significant duty of care considerations, complex deliveries and multiple stakeholders
- Be fully networked with an in-depth knowledge of the freelance production talent market
- Excellent leadership, communication and performance management skills with experience of leading and managing teams across a broad range of output and locations
- Driven, ambitious person with commitment to collaboration, diversity and inclusion
- Extensive experience of leading end-to-end production management
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of production processes and workflows
- Proven experience of long-term planning and management around complex schedules and budgets
- Extensive experience of managing and monitoring Health & Safety on productions
- A leader with strong commercial instincts and a decisive and strategic mind
- Assertive and influential whilst having empathy for the needs of the others; committed to building a positive and creative team culture
- Substantial and up-to-date knowledge of the audio market and audio platform trends
- Experience of integrating sustainable working practices into productions
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Company: Timbre Games
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.Design at Timbre Games
A great Timbre Designer strives to be curious, humble, authentic and adaptable. Great ideas come from everywhere, and we have the exciting opportunity to harness the power of collaboration to create something truly special.
At Timbre, designers are here to build a cohesive vision using inclusive practices and help create clarity for our team around what the game experience aspires to be.
We are the voice of our players and the heart of the game. Constantly learning as we go, we use our skills and lean on those around us to shape quality experiences that capture our audience's imagination.
Together, alongside the rest of our talented team, we create confidence in Timbre's vision of building diverse, meaningful AAA games using the latest software technologies.
As an Audio Designer – Speech at Timbre Games, your role is pivotal in helping craft the vocal soul of the game, turning scripts into emotionally resonant experiences for players. Your expertise in managing and integrating speech assets, along with your ability to problem-solve and innovate in audio and narrative tools, will elevate the game's auditory experience to new heights. This position is key to maintaining the emotional authenticity of characters and the coherence of the story, playing a critical role in crafting an immersive and engaging player experience.As an Audio Designer – Speech at Timbre, you will:
- Contribute to the entire process of voiceover and dialogue production, from initial concept to final implementation
- Assist with managing the implementation of speech files and audio assets into the game, ensuring the quality, consistency, and appropriate levels of all audio content
- Engage in the development and enhancement of audio and narrative tools
- Regularly participate in sync-ups with both the internal Timbre team, publisher, and vendors to maintain a cohesive narrative and audio strategy
- Coordinate with cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that audio design aligns with other elements of the game
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in audio design and speech production
- Advanced skills in DAWs such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Sound Forge, or similar software, with a strong emphasis on voice editing and processing techniques
- Familiarity with voice casting, direction, and recording processes, ensuring high-quality vocal performance and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage speech and dialogue aspects of large-scale projects, including timeline management, resource allocation, and coordination with various departments
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including narrative, audio, and production departments, to achieve cohesive audio-narrative integration
- Experience with Audiokinetic Wwise
- Experience with game engines like Unreal Engine is a significant plus, demonstrating an understanding of how audio integrates with game mechanics and visuals
$80,000 – $120,000 a yearThe compensation range reflects the minimum and maximum base annual salaries specific to candidates residing in Vancouver, BC. As Timbre hires candidates across Canada, additional salary factors will be considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, relevant training or education, and location. What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
- Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
- Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
- Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
- 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
- My Pathway – a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
- 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
- A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing – in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!