We came across interesting new jobs at Hazelight, Bold, Gearbox Software, and Supernatural – and they’re looking for a Technical VO Designer (Sweden), Audio Creative (Sweden), Audio Production Coordinator (TX, US), and Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Description Project Manager at KWS Milan (Italy), Sound Designer at CD Projekt Red (Remote), Senior Audio Technician at Pixelogic Media (CA, US), and Senior Audio Designer at Lightspeed Studios (New Zealand).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for an Audio Intern at Psyonix (CA, US), Audio Intern at Rooster Teeth, (TX, USA), Audio QA Technician at Creative Assembly (Bulgaria), Audio Assist/Machine Room Engineer at Levels Audio (CA, US), Sound Designer at WildBrain Spark (England), Podcast Coordinator at SYN Media (Australia / Hybrid), Audio Programmer at Sharkmob (England), Product Owner Audio Content at AVID (CA, US), VO Designer at Hazelight (Sweden), Audio Programmer at Splash Damage (England), Audio Designer at Phoenix Labs (BC, Canada), Post Production Runner at Voiceover Soho (England), and Coordinator of Music – Animated at Netflix (CA, US).
Please note, if you’re having trouble viewing the LinkedIn job opportunities, ensure that you’re a member of the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group – and if not, simply join it here. Happy job hunting!
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
The Hazelight Audio Team is looking for a skilled and driven Technical VO Designer who is passionate about the Design and Implementation of Voice Over in video games. As part of the Audio team you will be managing VO for Gameplay scenarios for our current project, reporting to the Audio Director.
This is a permanent, full-time position in Stockholm, Sweden. We have a Hybrid Work Model.Responsibilities
- Managing VO production tasks for Gameplay Scenarios, e.g. editing, processing, mixing and implementing vocal assets.
- Conceptualizing design of in-game VO-systems, as well as maintaining and developing these throughout production.
- Collaborating with Audio Programmers and Technical Audio Designers to help improve the development of our VO tools and pipelines.
- Designing and processing vocal assets using creative audio processing; for example when designing radio comms, creatures, NPCs etc.
- Continuously ensuring that the VO database is organized and up to date.
- Editing vocal assets and mixing them in accordance with our Audio standards and direction.
- Assisting in VO recording sessions as audio quality assurance as well as managing content deliveries from outsourcing partners.
- Working collaboratively with designers, artists and the narrative team; communicating needs and assisting in outlining the creative vision.
- Prototyping and implementing placeholder VO content for Gameplay scenarios ahead of recording sessions.
- Continuously playtesting and ensuring functionality of in-game VO content and systems.
- Ensuring that all VO content follows set standards of loudness normalizations.
- Handling planning, deliveries and implementation of localized VO assets.
- 3+ years of experience in Game Audio as a VO Designer or Technical Audio Designer with professional VO experience.
- A degree in Audio Design or an Audio related field.
- Professional experience working with logic-based systems and node-based visual scripting tools such as Blueprints, Max-MSP, Pure Data or equivalent. Experience with Unreal Engine is meritorious.
- Outstanding listening skills and a deep understanding of pacing and mixing of Voice Over content in games.
- Professional experience with Reaper and Wwise.
- Excellent skills in communication and teamwork, with the ability to give and receive feedback as well as communicate concepts effectively.
- Deep understanding of VO pipelines, with the ability to carry out tasks both independently and collaboratively.
- Voice Over engineering experience, e.g. recording, editing, processing, SFX and mixing of vocal assets.
- Strong knowledge of audio hardware, recording techniques and equipment.
- Exceptional tracking and documenting skills. Previous experience with MS Excel or Google Sheets, JIRA, Confluence or Miro are beneficial.
- Experience with Voice Direction and Performance Capture is beneficial, but not essential.
- Excellent skills using DSP processing.
- Genuine interest in finding and using new audio tools and processes.
- Directing talent, writing, and coordinating recording sessions are not part of the responsibilities for this position.
- This is not an Audio or Music Design position, skills in these fields are beneficial but not essential.
- This is not a Junior or Intern position. Please apply only if you feel that you meet the criteria.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We are Bold, one of the leading branding and design agencies in Scandinavia. That means we need more creative minds on board. At Bold we unite strategic thinking, curiosity, and passion for design to create distinct and lovable brands for all platforms and touchpoints. We offer a full creative service, from strategy to design concepts built on extraordinary craftsmanship. We work across all industries, formats, and channels.
As an audio creative, you will create sounds and music for brands big and small, spanning from creating concepts and music for audio identities to SFX for digital experiences. You are a key person in making sure that the visual brand is also reflected in the audio branding. You'll be working with teams and clients to translate strategic thinking and visual branding into a brilliant audio experience from concept to production.What you'll do
- Create and produce concepts and music for audio identities
- Create and produce music for brands, brand films, and commercials together with the expanded teams at both Bold and with the other NoA agencies
- Direct and record voiceovers
- Create SFX and music for digital experiences
- You are more than comfortable creating a wide range of music and sounds in a DAW
- You have professional experience at an agency working with the audio branding experience
- You are equally strong conceptual as you are in crafting rich audio experiences
- You are curious, passionate, and constructive
- You are autonomous and self-motivated
- A positive spirit, you are a true collaborator and a team player
- Strong written and verbal English skills
As a member of The North Alliance family, we collaborate with the other agencies to push creativity standards – by being Bold.The Perfect Match?
We are Bold in all senses of the term, and that should be something that rhymes with you as well. To be a part of our creative madness, you should be comfortable in your talent in graphic design and your capabilities for creating outstanding brand designs.
Are you the one we are looking for? We want to know that we are the perfect match for you too, so let's get in touch!What’s next?
We want to get to know you! Send your portfolio and examples of your work in with your application. The first step in the process will be to meet with our recruiter in charge of the process, then you will continue to meet the team and management.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Company: Gearbox Software
Location: Frisco, TX, US
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com .
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is looking for an enthusiastic and driven Production Coordinator to join our mission to entertain the world with our Internal Production Coordinator. The Production Coordinator is an entry-level line production role- focusing on the ‘in the trenches’ development of one or multiple projects by helping facilitate communication, remove blockers, and problem solve. We are not dogmatic about specific industry experience. We also value any applicable experience, and encourage anyone who brings a positive attitude and passion about production and games to apply.
As an Audio Production Coordinator, you will report directly to the Audio Producer and partner with the Audio Leads and Directors to ensure smooth production across major projects that the Audio Team is working on.Responsibilities:
- Maintain and support JIRA efforts and Confluence
- Assist audio production staff in any tasks they need to run their team effectively
- Work with Audio Leadership to find ways to make our process more efficient and collaborative
- Support content creators in any day to day needs- communication, identifying and solving blockers, coordinating meetings, creating tasks, etc.
- Ensure the established day to day workflow is being followed consistently by working with other producers and content creators
- Maintain high information flow across different disciplines and production
- Provide thorough and accurate updates to content creators and/or production staff on progress of any delegated teams
- Assist audio team with logistics for recording sessions and space maintenance
- Be able to learn quickly and help chase down and identify blockers in the game production pipeline
- Any support tasks as delegated by lead or content creators
- Interest or experience in working with audio teams
- You have a college degree, QA lead/specialist experience, and/or applicable job experience as a project/team organizer
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite
- Some familiarity with software related to game development: Adobe software (Photoshop, Premier, etc), Autodesk software (3DS Max, Maya, MotionBuilder), Unreal/Unity/other game engines, etc.
- You are familiar with current events in the game development industry
- You play games and have a passion to help make them!
- You are located in, or willing to relocate to, the Dallas, TX area
- You are driven, a self-starter, and can learn quickly
- You can work on tasks with reasonably minimal direction
- You go above and beyond; you are motivated and passionate with individual and team growth goals
- You love working with others and you are a team player!
- Experience producing, designing, or implementing audio in film and/or games
- Experience in game development in a role other than Producer
- Bachelors and higher education degree that is applicable to the role
- Familiarity with production and project management tools
- Specific expertise in Excel, JIRA, Miro, or other software
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times, Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health and hundreds more, check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.The impact you'll make:
As a Sound Designer in the design group you’ll be responsible for contributing to the Supernatural brand by developing audio solutions in VR that are engaging, inspiring, and powerful, and be a critical contributor to building one of the world’s leading fitness and wellness companies. We’re looking for candidates that are excited about collaborating with creative thinkers and do-ers, and experimenting with new ideas.What you’ll do
- Develop engaging, innovative and high-quality audio assets that elevate the core Supernatural experience
- Define the sound experience for new workouts and modalities
- Create and own sound system for our library of 3D objects and movements
- The ability to create and develop a distinct audio voice for a system
- Experience working with commercial and proprietary audio, and implementation tools on a variety platforms and workstations
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, implementation, post-production, and audio engineering.
- Create and implement sound effects.
- Optimize the audio experience throughout the headset environment
- Be a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can implement quickly, laterally, independently and collaboratively.
- 3+ years of hands-on professional sound design and implementation experience focused on high-quality interactive experiences and cinematic sound design
- Experience implementing sounds and mixing in Unity for various platforms and hardware
- Background in studio and location recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
- Experience working with spatialized audio in an interactive environment
- Original electronic songwriting skills
- Previous work on VR projects
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however, applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.