We came across interesting new jobs at Criterion Games, Systems Era, Snowprint Stockholm, and ustwo games – and they’re looking for a Technical Audio Designer (England), Audio Lead (WA, US), Senior Sound Designer (Sweden), and Sound Designer (England).
We also found openings for a Sound Design Intern at Team6 (Netherlands), Sound Designer at Kojima Productions (Japan), Audio Engineer at Apple (TX, US), Sound Designer at WayForward Technologies (KS, US), Senior Sound Designer at Tencent (SH, China), Sound Designer at Surprise.com (NY, US), Audio Programmer at Rev Rooms (England), Audio Engineer at Messages on Hold (WA, Australia), Audio Engineer at Tonal (CA, US), Audio Production Assistant at 9 Story Media Group (NY, US), Audio Designer at Criterion Games (England), Music Editor at Epidemic Sound (Sweden), and Senior Sound Designer / Product Manager at Firelight Technologies (Australia).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Field Recording Assistant at 344 Audio (England), Senior Wwise Audio Designer at Rev Rooms (England), and Junior Audio Engineer at Imprint Music (ON, Canada). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
→ Get the in-depth story behind the sound for Cyberpunk 2077 in this huge interview with the CD Projekt RED sound team
→ Don’t miss this feature on the sound for Indiana Jones and the Raiders of The Lost Ark – with film sound giants sound designer Ben Burtt, Foley artist John Roesch & composer John Williams
→ Hear about the creative work that goes into shaping the sound of Path of Exile
Company: Criterion Games
Location: Guildford, UK
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom Remote Work Option: No Requisition Number: 166203 Date Opened: 2021-06-09
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.We are Criterion. We love games. Over the last twenty years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of talented people who craft games with joy, passion, and commitment to quality.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.The Challenge Ahead:
We want to find a world-class Technical Audio Designer whose creative voice will help us to develop our best sounding work yet.
We are strongly committed to building a vibrant, diverse team where each person can bring their authentic self to make us stronger and bolder together.What an Audio Designer does at Criterion:
Criterion considers audio to be fundamental to a great game and invests in it accordingly. Members of our team take an active role in developing exciting and immersive experiences. Working closely with other audio designers and the development team, a Technical Audio Designer is responsible for managing the implementation of audio into the game throughout the course of development for an audio experience that is cutting edge in design, rich in aesthetic, and tightly focused on gameplay.Our next Technical Audio Designer needs:
- Demonstrable experience of game audio design from concept through to final implementation
- Familiarity with modern audio processing, standards, and tools
- A portfolio that highlights individual contribution, especially in implementation
- To be a generous, empathetic communicator
- Familiarity with modern game engine Visual Scripting tools
- Love of mixing and awareness of best practices
- Coding or Scripting Experience (especially in C#, Python, or C++)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
We thought you might also want to know:
More about our studio: https://criteriongames.com/careers/ More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Company: Systems Era
Location: Seattle, WA, US
System Era is looking for a full-time Audio Lead to bring Astroneer to life by creating a soundscape that can engage players, drive storytelling, and create emotion. The ideal candidate has a robust background in audio that can lead and grow System Era’s audio department.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will work to establish a strong audio vision and direction that supports the Astroneer franchise and any future titles. As part of our team, you’ll contribute and support the studio’s artistic vision by creating sonically rich content that supports in-game and linear media. In this role, you’ll push the industry quality bar, while also able to balance the creative and technical requirements of a project. Dialogue, Foley, and field recording experience are a plus.
This is a full-time role based in Seattle, WA. Compensation includes salary, benefits including full medical and dental coverage, 401k, and may include relocation assistance. We look for candidates who value joining a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.Qualifications
- 7+ years of professional sound design experience.
- Shipped 2+ games in a senior audio role.
- Expert working knowledge of game audio middleware.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills.
- Create and manage a high-quality soundscape for a project.
- Successfully manage dialogue recording pipeline.
- Ensure the game is optimized and working within platform limitations.
- Foster and grow creative sound design talent.
- Scoping and planning audio needs for a project.
- Familiarity with development using Unreal Engine.
- Expertise with Wwise.
- Experience managing external talent and outsourcing.
- Musical composition experience.
- VO recording, editing, and mastering experience.
Company: Snowprint Stockholm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Snowprint Studios is looking for a creative and passionate Senior Sound Designer to work across multiple game projects aimed at a global market. You'll be working with the internal audio engine and tools in Unity to deliver immersive experiences for our players. Targeting mobile platforms will require you to find memory and performance-efficient solutions to deliver a high-quality end product. You'll have ownership over the overall sound direction and work closely with multiple game teams simultaneously.Responsibilities:
- Have ownership over the sound direction.
- Design, implement and mix audio for all the games.
- Handle communication and deliveries from any external providers.
- Record source material such as voice-over and any additional SFX/Ambience.
- Optimize the sounds for mobile platforms.
- Find and suggest creative solutions to enhance the game experiences.
- Be a member of multiple game development teams and keep track of release milestones.
- 5+ years of professional Sound Design experience for games.
- Sound Design experience for mobile games.
- Deep knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD or Unreal.
- Unity experience.
- A passion for gaming.
- Music composition skills.
- Console game development experience.
Company: ustwo games
Location: London, UK
Working with the leads of the project you’ll be responsible for the overall audio direction of the project and implementing your work in-engine with the support of a programmer.
We’re ideally looking for somebody with a broad range of musical knowledge from outside of the games industry and a keen interest in working closely with the development team to convey tone and style.
We accommodate remote working, but would ideally like you to be able to come into the studio in Oval and work closely with the team on occasion.We’d like you to have:
- Proven professional experience producing high quality dynamic audio direction for games.
- Experience in sound recording, editing and mixing.
- Knowledge and experience of using game specific implementation systems such as Wwise, FMOD, Unity etc.
- Source control experience preferable.
- Access to professional-level studio facilities and field recording equipment.
The work will consist of an initial twelve month period, with further opportunities after that time.