We came across interesting new jobs at Power Up Audio, Scania, Inflexion Games, and EA Tiburon – and they’re looking for a Contract Sound Designer (BC, Canada), Sound Designer (Sweden), Audio Designer (ON, Canada), and Technical Audio Artist (FL, US).
We also found openings for a Freelance Voice Over Talent at RUN Studios (Remote), Interaction Sound Designer at Meta (CA, US), Sound Designer at Milestone (Italy), Audio Programmer at 10 Chambers (Sweden), Senior Audio Programmer at Improbable (Remote), Music Editor at Spotify (Singapore), and Producer at Airship Interactive (England).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Foley Artist at Jumbuck Film & TV (England), Senior Sound Designer at Massive Entertainment (Sweden), Dialogue Editor at Sound Lab a Keywords Studio (CA, US), Dialogue Editor at Kraken Dialogue Editors Toolkit (Remote / England), Audio Programmer at Avalanche Liverpool (England), Re-Recording Mixer at Enhanced Media (CA, US), Sound Designer at Anshar Studios Inc (Remote), Research Engineer at Fraunhofer IIS (Germany), and Dubbing Mixers at Evolutions (England). There’s also an overview of 7 audio openings at Naughty Dog (for a Dialogue Coordinator / Editor, Dialogue Designer, Senior Dialogue Designer, Senior Sound Designer, Audio Core Tech, Audio Programmer, and Systemic VO Director) here. Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Here are the winners of the Mattia Cellotto Sound Design Contest!.
• Ronit Kirchman, Zach Robinson, and Alec Puro on what it takes to succeed as a composer in the television industry.
• See the Game Audio Network Guild (G.A.N.G) Award winners + get the stories behind the award-winning sound for a number of them.
Company: Power Up Audio
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Power Up Audio is growing. The award-winning audio team behind such titles as Darkest Dungeon, Cadence of Hyrule, Subnautica: Below Zero, Celeste, and Tunic is now hiring a Contract Sound Designer. Video game industry experience is a plus, but is not required.
We are looking for an avid gamer and ambitious sound professional who can work with us in conceptualizing, implementing, and delivering game audio content across a wide variety of platforms and genres. You will apply your audio expertise in supporting our team at Power Up Audio as we collaborate with our clients and partners to craft innovative and memorable sonic experiences.
- Designing original audio assets in line with established creative direction.
- Tracking development progress and addressing revision requests.
- Playtesting and quality assurance of audio in our projects.
- Firm understanding of video game sound design techniques and aesthetics.
- Experience with current audio editing software, such as Pro Tools, Reaper, etc.
- Familiarity with audio middleware and implementation, and enthusiasm for furthering that skillset.
- Reasonable comprehension of music theory. (Musicianship a plus.)
- Strong aptitude in analysis and problem solving.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Openness to discussion, critique, and direction.
- Passion for self-improvement.
- This is a 12-month contract position with the potential of a full-time salaried position to follow.
- Our team works remotely, but all within Vancouver, Canada. Remote work could be approved for the right candidate, but working within the team’s core work hours would be preferable (9:30am-5:30pm PST Monday through Thursday, with optional Fridays).
- While musical proficiency is a plus, this is NOT a music composer position.
Power Up Audio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status. BIPOC candidates, LGBTQ2IA+ candidates, as well as candidates from other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Location: Sodertalje, Sweden
Do you want to be responsible to design sounds that are related to the cognitive/interactive driving experience?
Scania is undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses, and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
Scania´s department for Industrial Design, Interaction Design, and Physical Ergonomics performs a central role in the creation and communication of Scania´s transformation towards driving the shift. By defining the product expression and customer experience, we keep the current platform up to date, whilst also staking out the future for our vehicles and services. With a broad portfolio of projects in relation to a more sustainable and digital future, we are now expanding and looking for a Sound Designer.Who we are
Driver Solutions HMI team is responsible for the interaction design for Scania’s trucks and buses. The group is positioned within Scania’s Research and Development at the Design Department, but our collaborations span several business areas and departments. Our working environment is characterized by inclusion, team spirit, flat hierarchy, and transparency. Currently, the team’s focus is to investigate how trends such as digitalization, electrification, and advanced driver assistance systems will shape the future driver workplace. The group consists of Interaction Designers, UX Designers, one Sound Designer and two supported roles, a Scrum Master and a UX Studio Engineer.Your work assignment
As a Sound Designer, you will be responsible to create sounds that are related to the cognitive/interactive experience such as informative sounds triggered by a function. You will also work with sounds from a perceived quality perspective. You stand for the voice of a good fit between human and technology which guides your design decisions in a cross-functional context. You will develop new sound design in quick iterations and conduct user testing to objectively prove and verify your design.
To be successful in this position, you need to be creative, flexible, and a dedicated team player. You are a problem solver with an ability to quickly navigate between details and contexts. You have a passion for design and are a natural communicator that is skilled at proving your opinion.Your profile
- Experience in designing sounds for a multi-modal experience e.g. audiovisual, or specific user context.
- Experience in designing brand specific sounds that are cohesive over multiple platforms and contexts e.g. in-truck, in-app, marketing content or AVAS.
- Experience in designing sounds and mixing for different formats e.g. mono, stereo, 5.1, Dolby Atmos etc.
- Knowledge about automotive sound design challenges, possibilities, and requirements
- Knowledge of digital as well as analog processing of sound signals
- Understanding how different frequencies acoustically distributes and behave physically
- Interest in prototyping sound related hardware and software for user test, evaluations and beta implementations
- Experience and genuine interest in collaborating with experts within other fields of expertise e.g. programmers, engineers, graphic and UX/UI designers.
- Proactively sharing knowledge about the process/importance/requirements of sound design, and doing so in a comprehensive manner
- Confident in working autonomously, structured and adaptively for long- and short-term targets simultaneously.
- Recording, editing, mixing and mastering sounds in a professional DAW e.g. Logic Pro, Ableton, Pro Tools or Nuendo.
Don't hesitate to apply if you have the above profile, we are interviewing continuously.
Company: Inflexion Games
Location: Edmonton, ON, Canada
Somewhere we don’t have to be, but want to be. Where all are welcome.
Our innovative game studio is united by our passion for creating places. We achieve our purpose through developing games because they are the richest, most dynamic medium where we can achieve this.
Even the placemakers need somewhere to be. We strive to build a world-class studio where we embrace and celebrate our differences. We bring passion, excellence, and energy to our work, knowing we achieve far more together than we can alone.Our Project
Announced at the 2021 Game Awards, Inflexion Games is developing Nightingale – a new shared-world survival crafting and building game coming to PC Early Access in 2022. Learn more at: www.playnightingale.com and watch the trailer for Nightingale here.Location of Role Inflexion Games studio is based in Edmonton Alberta, with fully remote distributed team members located across Canada. For this position, we are looking for candidates based in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, or Quebec. Edmonton based team members are provided with a flexible work environment combining hybrid remote work-from-home and in-studio work arrangements.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-OnsiteCould this be the place for you?
Inflexion Games is searching for an Audio Designer to join the Audio Department. The Audio department is responsible for every aspect of the sonic experience and the Audio team contributes to the overall vision by creating an immersive world that supports the gameplay and rich Art style, putting the player experience first.What you’ll do
- Design and implement high-quality audio assets within Audiokinetic’s Wwise and UE4
- Manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups and performance/memory optimizations
- Scope and manage the delivery of owned content areas alongside the audio director
- Work alongside audio programmers and sound designers to develop the framework of audio playback systems based on creative vision and gameplay needs
- Collaborate with various disciplines (art, design, and engineering) to ensure audio systems are incorporated into all relevant aspects of gameplay
- Troubleshoot and debug audio tools, systems and functionality
- Take part in playtests, giving and receiving feedback both within the Audio team and the wider development team
- Minimum 1 year of professional sound design experience in the video game industry
- Experience with Audiokinetic Wwise
- Knowledge of UE4 tools and workflow (Familiarity with C++ is a bonus)
- Experienced in audio recording, processing and mixing techniques
- Proficient with audio software tools and plugins (e.g. Reaper, Pro Tools, Nuendo, iZotope RX etc )
- Please include a portfolio with your application that showcases in-game examples of your sound design and implementation.
- You’ll be working with a variety of other disciplines on a daily basis, helping to shape and hone the player experience by solving cutting edge audio challenges that relate to a high-fidelity shared open-world survival-crafting game.
- We’re always excited to work alongside people who are as passionate about Game Audio as we are and that have a broad interest in Audio in general.
- A passion for the Survival Crafting genre and Open World games is a plus
🦷 Health & Dental Benefits with Health Spending Account
💲 RRSP Matching Program
🍼 Maternity and Paternity Leave
🚲 Well-Being Activities (yoga, meditation, bike room, etc.)
🐶 Dog-Friendly Office
We Are Inflexion
Inflexion Games is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Company: EA Tiburon
Location: Orlando, FL, US
Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page.Who We Are
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.The Challenge Ahead
As a technical artist in Create Audio, your focus is on creating quality workflows, shareable, future facing tech and data, and collaborating with game teams, central staff and the community at large. You are a key component of your audio team and identify risks, share solutions, seek help internally and externally to your teams and contribute with a positive, inclusive attitude.Responsibilities
- Build audio runtime systems with visual programming and scripting languages
- Create, extend and manage simple and complex audio assets and structures
- Support artists by training, debugging and developing/improving workflows
- Optimize and debug runtime audio data to work and fit within modern console limitations
- Document data structures, workflows and best practices
- Communicate designs, best practices and risks to your team and the greater EA community
- 5+ years' experience in video game or production industry
- 5+ years' experience in audio production in any capacity
- Experience with both visual programming and text-based scripting/coding languages, with 5+ years' experience in at least one language
- Significant experience debugging workflows, pipelines or runtime systems or assets
- Significant experience in content/data management
- Significant experience developing workflows
- Creative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality and team productivity