We came across interesting new jobs at Raven Sofware, Lightspeed LA, Halfbrick, and Midnight Society – and they’re looking for a Junior Audio Designer (BC, Canada), Senior Audio Programmer (CA, US), Senior Audio Designer (Remote), and Audio Designer (Remote).
We also found openings for a Lead Audio Designer at 31st Union (CA, US), Dialogue Coordinator at Build a Rocket Boy (Scotland), Audio Artist at EA Shanghai (SH, China), Engineering Manager at Discord (CA, US), Sound Programmer at Ubisoft Montréal (QC, Canada), Senior Mixer & Music Editor at Bungie (WA, US), Audio Programmer at Rovio (Finland), Full Time Faculty of Music Therapy at Berklee College of Music (MA, US), Audio Designer at id Software (TX, US), Senior Sound Designer at Cloud Chamber (QC, Canada), Audio Designer at EA Bioware (Rremote / US / Canada), and Technical Sound Designer at Rovio (Finland).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Post Production Audio Editor at Moonbug Entertainment (England), Senior Engineer of Cloud Application Software at Shure, Inc. (IL, US), Audio Programmer at Tag Games (Remote), and Music Creation Product Owner at Avid (Remote). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• SOUND QUIZ: What is that mysterious sound? Submit your answer here for 3 chances to win a Soundly PRO 1-year subscription.
• Behind the Subtle and Disturbing Sound of Apple TV+ series ‘Severance’.
Company: Raven Sofware
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
If you can demonstrate your keen sense of audio for games, we want you to join our team!Core Duties:
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, post-production and mixing.
- Collaborate with other game developers to create, implement and debug sound effects.
- Take part in improving game audio features and tool development.
- Sound effects library maintenance, Field recording, Dialogue processing, Music Editing.
- A demo reel showcasing your most outstanding accomplishments in sound design. Isolated sound design is ideal. Document what you contributed to any collaborative examples. No music is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Audio recording, design, processing and mixing skills.
- Experience with current audio editing software, such as REAPER, Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Audition, Sound Forge, Waves and other plug-ins.
- Experience with audio hardware, such as recording interfaces, microphones and outboard processing.
- Experience with Windows and/or macOS, familiarity with productivity software such as word processors and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Having shipped at least one AAA game is a plus.
- Familiarity with multi-channel / surround sound / 3D spatial audio mixing is a plus.
- Game development, scripting and/or programming skills is a plus.
Company: Lightspeed LA
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Welcome to Lightspeed LA (Irvine), the first U.S.-based, AAA game development studio for Tencent Games. Lightspeed LA is focused on building open-world games that emphasize an ambitious living world, sophisticated player-driven gameplay, and mature, thoughtful storytelling. We are developing the first in a series of genre-defining titles.Why join Lightspeed LA?
For us, it’s not only about the exciting, new AAA open world game we’re developing but also about team values and studio culture. We foster an open and transparent environment where everyone feels comfortable providing constructive feedback about all aspects of our games.
We encourage the showing of work that’s still in progress.
We don’t attack or question unfinished work, we celebrate its promise.
We have a No Blame Culture where we blame the problem, not the person
This is a safe place to fail, and we don't view failure as a negative, but as the natural result of pushing boundaries and trying new things.
We create together. We face Challenges Together. We succeed together.About this position at Lightspeed LA
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Senior Audio Programmer to join our in-house engineering team and help create world-class audio on a new and exciting open-world AAA game. We are seeking someone who will bring passion to the role, collaborating closely with Audio and other disciplinary teams, to help create sonically rich, high-quality AAA audio. Below is an outline of responsibilities and some of the qualities we look for in the ideal teammateResponsibilities:
- Designing and implementing systems and tools for the audio team’s needs (such as sound propagation, environmental audio, dialogue systems, physics systems etc.)
- Supporting sound designers in their use of these systems and tools
- Supporting and extending audio workflows and pipelines
- Writing clear, well-documented, portable, and highly functional code
- Profiling and performance-tuning code to remove bottlenecks
- Testing, debugging, and assuring the functional quality of all the audio within the game
- Participating in the design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers
- Creating measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload
- Minimum 5 years professional programming experience and/or at least one shipped AAA title
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ coding skills with experience in code optimization and multi-processor programming
- Comfortable writing and maintaining audio systems at all levels, from the base audio engine to game code, music and dialog management and tool support
- Solid code architecture skills and system design experience
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Advanced skills in Vector Math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations) and Physics
- Experience implementing interactive 3D audio in dynamic game-world environments
- Experience with Wwise API
- Knowledge of game engines and the constraints of game consoles
- Ability to work independently and also within a multidisciplinary team where you can communicate ideas with the sound team and other engineers
- Passion for games, enthusiasm, initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Experience in the Unreal Engine
- Fundamental skills in sound design: creating, editing, mixing of sounds for games
- Experience designing conversation/dialogue systems
- Experience writing custom DSP code
- Experience designing physics systems for audio
- Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
- Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs
- Just some of the benefits of working with us here at our newly built studio in Irvine, CA.
- Free daily lunch
- Beverages, fresh fruit, and snacks
- 401k with employer match
- Monthly Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Financial wellness sessions
- Flexible spending account
- Team building and company outings
- Parental leave for new parents
- Company paid health insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness training
- Travel insurance
- Preventive care
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.
Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Previously headquartered in Brisbane, Halfbrick is now fully remote and present all around the world. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on a culture that encourages passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games.Why you’ll love it
We believe our culture is a leading factor to our success and helps us to attract and retain the best talent! We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We’re a tight knit crew who celebrate self-expression, and hey, some perks never hurt either.
Here are just a few of the things we like to offer our Bricks:
- Salary sacrificing for phones, laptops, gaming consoles, superannuation and novated lease.
- Career development and mentorship.
- Freedom to work on games you’re interested in.
- 100% company transparency.
- Mental health support.
- Flexible working hours.
- Part time work options.
- Fully remote working.
- We hire globally and all opportunities are available world-wide.
- Quarterly salary reviews.
- Bonus system.
- Open management without bureaucracy.
- Extra leave benefits.
- Loads of social events.
- Awesome rewards and recognition opportunities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Audio Designer to join our team and bring our games to life!
We pride ourselves on creating games that people remember for a lifetime and believe that comes from having superstar teams. We have an awesome opportunity to work with a team that is transforming game entertainment through quality content and innovative ideas. We are committed to growing our employees, and you will be given the opportunity to grow inside a friendly and professional team. You will be among hard-working, dedicated, and incredibly talented individuals. In order to maintain this, we like to constantly raise our talent bar, and only hire the best! In return for offering us a skill set that is unmatched and a talent for what you do, you’ll be surrounded by company that is incredibly bright, supportive, and creative.
Remuneration for this role is up to $125,000 AUD depending on skills and experience.Responsibilities
- Help bring our games to life through high quality, original and engaging music composition and sound design
- Take ownership of assigned projects, working both autonomously and closely with Game Teams to fulfill all audio requirements to a high standard of quality
- Work in close collaboration with other Audio Team members to handle a dynamic workload and provide audio support to multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform regular playthroughs to identify opportunities to improve the audio in our games
- Regularly seek and provide feedback to others within the Audio Team
- Create audio for in-house videos through both new composition and sound design and editing of existing assets
- Champion the role of audio in our games!
- Demonstrated ability to compose engaging and exciting music across a wide variety of styles
- Demonstrated ability to match both common and uncommon music briefs from both stylistic and technical standpoints
- Demonstrated ability to create original and engaging sound effects appropriate to their purpose
- Strong knowledge of musical theory
- Strong technical knowledge in the use of audio software, audio formats and filetypes
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical issues relating to audio software and hardware
- Familiarity and experience with at least one DAW (e.g. Reaper, Logic, Pro Tools)
- Proven ability to work autonomously, showing effective time and task management
- Fundamental understanding of audio middleware concepts and use
- Experience with version control software
- Knowledge of microphone setup and use for common VO, foley and field recording applications
- Familiarity with common game audio conventions
- At least one shipped title or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of game industry experience
- Experience with audio middleware such as Wwise or FMOD
- High level of competency using REAPER software
- Strong familiarity with common virtual instruments and effects
- Experience with Unity or UE4
- Experience outsourcing to contractor services such as voice actors
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience with scripting languages
Perhaps you’ve spent one too many nights up late gaming… Possibly you have a vendetta for fruit… Either way, you love games and more specifically, you love our games, and you want to be part of creating something special! If you think you have what it takes to raise our talent bar, then you're exactly what we're looking for.
Some other bits about you:
- Talented and experienced.
- Confident in your skills.
- Interested and concerned with the details.
- Passionate about mobile games.
- A clear and concise communicator.
- A true team player.
- Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
- A proactive and positive thinker.
Please be sure to submit your music showreel link when applying!
Applications close June 29, 2022.
Company: Midnight Society
Midnight Society is a AAA game development studio building a PVP online multiplayer game from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5. We support fully remote development and offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages for team members and their families. We are focused on building a 'Day Zero' Community, incorporating player involvement at all stages of development.In this role you will
- Work with the Creative Director and engineering team to deliver world class audio for PVP multiplayer
- Have an obsession with driving gameplay through audio and perfecting combat audio
- Work with weapon designers, level designers, and combat designers to compliment designs through audio
- Work with Audio team to capture, edit, and implement audio that captures the vision for the game
- Work with engineering to develop tools and techniques for proper sound design to enhance PVP combat and not distract from it
- A passion for the shooter genre
- Obsess over the mix between local-audio, global-audio, and world-audio
- A technical mindset on how to leverage UE5 and proprietary tools to give designers full control of sound design
- An understanding on how crucial sound design is to a shooter experience and willingness to fight for it's prioritzation
- Experience designing audio systems or sound design in a AAA experience, preferably an online shooter