We came across interesting new jobs at Ripple Effect, Team6, Krotos, and Smilegate – and they’re looking for an Audio Artist (CA, US), Sound Designer (Netherlands), Senior Sound Designer (Scotland), and Audio Director (Spain).
We also found openings for an Associate Producer at Zynga (England), Audio Software Engineer Intern at EA SPORTS (FL, US), Product Manager at Volley (CA, US), Audio Director at Arrowhead (Sweden), Sound Engineer at Amber (Romania), Sound Designer at Ironwood Studios (WA, US), Sound Designer at Firaxis Games (MD, US), and Assistant Audio Artist at EA Madrid (Spain).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Contract Sound Technician at Ubisoft Toronto (ON, Canada), Sound Designer at Behaviour Interactive (QC, Canada), Sound Designer at Capital (England), Sound Assistant at DRP Group (England), Head of Partnerships, Home Theatre at Sonos (Remote), Music Supervisor at Score a Score (Remote), Audio Tools Programmer at IO Interactive (Denmark/Sweden), and Associate Audio Producer at Natural Motion (England). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Award-winning composer Ramin Djawadi on composing adventure, comedy, and heart for Director Ruben Fleischer’s globe-trotting Uncharted film.
• Megan Frazier’s shares her thoughts, techniques and tactics once you reach the game audio interview stage.
Company: Ripple Effect
Location: Playa Vista, CA, US
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
Role: This is an Audio Artist position with the Ripple Effect Studios Audio Team in Los Angeles, supporting the Battlefield Franchise. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three-hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
In this role, your primary focus will be to work as a Sound Designer supporting our World team. This will involve creating ambient backgrounds, spot emitters, and many other sound effects that bring our worlds to life. Sound Design will be your focus, but you must also be comfortable with asset integration and the technical aspects of working in our 3D game editor FrostEd. In addition, we will also rely on you to partner with and encourage our junior level Audio Artists, occasionally reviewing assets and making sure they meet our quality level.For this position, we are looking for an experienced Audio Artist. This is not an entry level position. Responsibilities:
- Help our Audio Team craft a world class Audio experience
- Be a key sound design contributor within our Audio Team
- Use a DAW to edit, name and organize sound files
- Work within the FrostED game editor to import, name, and organize audio assets
- Set up visual scripting logic in order to trigger assets in software
- Be an active participant in location sound recording sessions: sound effects, foley, weapons, ambience, etc.
- Testing and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
- Must contribute to the training and mentoring of junior level Audio Team members
- Take direction from the Audio Director and Senior Sound Designer, and work as a positive and productive member of the Audio Team
- At least two years’ experience as a Sound Designer working in the Games or Film industries
- BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Sound Design or Recording Arts
- In depth knowledge of audio theory and sound design practices; includes knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, plug ins, etc.
- Proficiency with audio software \ DAW, such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, Cubase, Logic
- Proficiency with audio plug in software such as Waves, FabFilter, iZotope, Soundtoys, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of audio game development tools, such as Wwise, FMOD, or other proprietary Editors
- Strong technical proficiency. Knowledge or experience with any visual scripting program is a plus (such as Reaktor, Max, Pure Data, UDK)
- You must be committed to growing within your craft, and continuously improving your skillset as a Sound Designer
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.Next Steps
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with Resume
- Provide weblink on resume for online Sound Design Demo / Portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete an audio questionnaire
Location: Assen, Netherlands
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 20 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a Sound Designer that is highly motivated to work on our games together with the existing team of professionals. As a sound designer you will be the one who is responsible for the conceptualizing, designing, testing, editing and implementation of (game-ready) sound effects and other audio that’s needed for our projects on different platforms. You will be working on multiple projects, collaborate with our different teams while taking part in the initial design and the actual technical considerations of implementing the sounds and other audio.REQUIRED SKILLS:
- A degree in sound or Audio Design, Audio Engineering or an equivalent education/experience
- +1 year of experience within the game industry while acting as a Sound Designer
- Solid understanding of audio and sound related elements, assets, processes, specific needs, and technical requirements for a project
- Solid understanding regarding mastering audio mixes depending on target platform specifications
Able to clearly communicate your creative process of decision making when it comes to sound design and knowing how to transfer the importance of sound in the overall game experience to other disciplines
Able to create, improve and export audio assets and implement them through Unreal Engine whilst keeping an eye on the overall quality, game experience and performance
- Able to create and work on prototypes for audio
- Experience with investigating sound effect issues, tracking audio related bugs and fixing them
- Able to give correct estimations when it comes to audio schedule creation and able to set up a process and pipeline to ensure deadlines will be met
Able to propagate learned knowledge to other art team members team and gain knowledge by receiving and understanding given feedback
Able to work with limited direction and supervision
- Able to recognize potential pitfalls and solve these with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Knowledge of audio scripting for in-game audio features
- Experience with a variety of audio plugins is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with racing games is a plus
- Passionate about the newest techniques when it comes to sound designing
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”).
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Krotos designs and distributes software for audio professionals. Our software is used by the top sound, game and film studios worldwide.The role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Sound Designer to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for recording and designing assets, presets and other material used in or relating to Krotos products. The candidate will have proven expertise in both studio and location recording, editing, design, mixing, and mastering.
essCandidates must have professional experience in the field to apply, preferably in TV/Film/Game Audio or a combination (this is not a graduate/internship/junior role).
Remote work supported, UK or EU locations only. Working hours will be in the UK time zone (GMT). We are looking for the right range of skills, experience and approach for this key role. In-depth knowledge of Krotos products is not required, but is preferred.Key Objectives
- Execution of Content Plan defined by Product Team
- Design top quality content for Krotos products and as part of sound libraries
- Sound design for Krotos products and libraries over a large range of use cases e.g creature design, vehicle design, weapons design, UI Sound Design etc
- Record source material for sound design and sound library purpose
- Mixing & mastering of various assets and content
- Music editing and Foley Design and recording
- Dialog/VO recording and cleanup (with tools such as RX)
- Evaluate recordings and assets from third-parties
- Collaborate with Head of Product and Development team on intended features and usability of audio plugins
- Use and test prototype audio plugins when required
- Work alongside various in-house and freelance artists to record, edit, and mix audio projects
- Location recording where required
- Constantly evaluate, appraise and adjust our process to reach the best results
- Design and mix for marketing materials as required (Soundcloud, Youtube etc)
- Professional experience in the field to apply, preferably in TV/Film/Game Audio or a combination (this is not a graduate/internship/junior role)
- Excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, suggestions and the logic underpinning them
- Self motivated, strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Experience with Excel, Google Sheets
- Knowledge of industry-standard metadata practices (UCS, Soundminer, Basehead etc)
- Experience with various industry-standard Digital Audio Workstations (Pro Tools, Reaper, Ableton etc)
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Experience working directly in game engines (Unreal/Unity) and with audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- Strong interest in audio/music software
- Interest in gaming and gaming technology
- Familiarity with broadcast loudness standards and industry best practices
- Experience in an agile working environment
- Remote working with flexible start and finish times
- 30 days paid holidays. You can take public holidays or bank and use them as you choose
- High spec laptop and home-office essentials
- Quarterly team and annual company in-person events
- Sick pay
If you feel like you are the perfect candidate and could make a significant contribution to Krotos, please send a CV and cover letter (stating what you can contribute towards Krotos after joining us). Please note, all offers are subject to eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory references.If your CV gets selected, you will be given a test as part of the hiring processAt Krotos, we recognise the value of a diverse team, and we are committed to and encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Reasonable adjustments are available to support candidates through the application and interview process.
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Are you an experienced Audio Programmer who is passionate about audio in games and looking to looking to take on your next challenge?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. so as long as you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or Hybrid working options.The Opportunity
We are on the lookout for an Audio Programmer to join our In-house Technology team. The Rebellion Tech team are a team of highly skilled and experienced programmers who develop our inhouse engine, asura with innovative technology. It is exciting to be part of this collaborative team, you will work on developing core systems and features within the engine to help our games come to life!
As our next Audio programmer, you will be part of a small but exceptionally talented engine team, working to develop our in-house engine and editing tools. you will be passionate about audio in games and excited to work with multiple game teams to create advanced features that enhance the audio experience of our players. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other related areas of the engine codebase. Your work will have impact across all our games, we work on multiple projects at any given time, so this role is your opportunity to have impact across every title we publish.In this role you will:
- Work with game teams to identify and develop new audio features
- Iterate tools with sound designers to create efficient workflows
- Research and evaluate new game audio technology
Maintain and support existing audio features
Assist in planning and prioritising tasks
- Experience with routing, bussing and mixing of digital signals
- Understanding of digital and analogue signal processing
- Good understanding of frequency domain topics (FFTs), sampling theorem and filtering
- Able to create high performance and multi-threaded code
- Experience with PC and console audio APIs
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly and creative atmosphere. We love what we do and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can to be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion : CareersBenefits We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- International and Domestic Relocation Support
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies and social events!