We came across interesting new jobs at Ubisoft Québec, Boundless Entertainment, Stept Studios, and Ubisoft Barcelona – and they’re looking for a Audio Technical Director (QC, Canada), Sound Designer (CA, US / Hybrid), Sound Designer (CA, US / Hybrid), and Audio Designer Intern (Spain).
We also found openings for a Audio Designer at Sharkmob (Sweden), Sound Designer at Bavaria Film Gruppe (Germany), Audio QA Specialist at Crytek (Germany / Remote), Voiceover Director at Rockstar New York (NY, US), Sound Designer at Coatsink (England), Junior Audio Producer at The Athletic (England), Associate Audio Producer at Blizzard Irvine (CA, US), and Music Clearance Consultant at Koda (Denmark).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Audio Technical Director at Ubisoft Québec (QC, Canada), Associate Sound Designer/Mixer at Defacto Sound (Remote / US), Sound Designer at Defacto Sound (Remote / US), Podcast Editor at Defacto Sound (Remote / US), Sound Editor at Defacto Sound (Remote / US), Lead Sound Designer at Gearbox Entertainment (TX, US), Sound Designer at EA Create (BC, Canada), and Lecturer in Designing Audio Experiences at University College London (England). Happy job hunting!
Company: Ubisoft Québec
Location: Québec City, QC, Canada
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
The person responsible will ensure the quality of the technical content produced by their working unit. The incumbent must optimize team productivity through pipeline processes by considering online user needs. The TD will carry out his tasks by adequately determining project needs, implementing effective tools and methods to maximize data integration in the game engine and provide technical support for their team.What you will do
- Define their team’s technical needs to carry out the creative vision (design and artistic) by validating the game features and challenging the interpretation to assess technical feasibility;
- Acquire the best internal and external tools, in collaboration with the programming team and other project TDs, to enhance and facilitate the work of the working unit by prototyping technological elements, asking that existing tools be adjusted, requesting new tools, or validating the effectiveness of the tools provided before they are deployed on the project;
- Establish the vision for the best work methods and data structure (data and assets) to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data (meet standards and minimize debugging) by drafting pipeline documents, setting out a common classification system, trainings, coaching and supervising processes users;
- Determine enhancements and resolve issues to provide technical support to the working unit by working in close collaboration with programmers and training certain team members to be specialists in resolving specific issues;
- Remain informed of new technical and technological developments to be able to apply these developments on the project whenever relevant and share project developments with peers (TDs on other projects and in other working units);
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact of the working unit in order to establish a compromise between quality objectives and delivery constraints (time, costs, resources, etc.);
- Follow up on the tasks of assistant TDs (if applicable) to assess the progress of the deliverables and coach TDs to ensure that their careers progress;
- Contribute to external tools selection (engine, plug-in, E-confluence, etc.) to ensure that working units’ needs are considered by assessing existing tools and helping to design and test new tools whenever necessary;
- Driving the optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised in their field of expertise;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- College diploma in their working unit for game design or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years experience in teh video game sector or other relevant experiences;
- Experience in their working unit at all game production phases;
- Experience on 2-3 games productions;
- 2 years experience as an assistant TD (an asset);
- User focus;
- Time and priority management skills;
- Coaching skills;
- Ability to draft technical documents (in French);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Stress and change management skills;
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
- Proficiency in English (good communication skills, ability to draft technical documents).
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
Company: Boundless Entertainment
Location: Culver City, CA, US / Hybrid
Boundless Entertainment is in search of a creative, experienced Sound Designer. As part of our audio team, you will be devoted to creating compelling, creative game audio that supports and enhances the player’s experience through sound.
You will work closely with fellow members of the sound team as well as designers, engineers, and artists to help create and implement audio in our games. You will be involved with our games from pre-production through post-launch.What you will do:
- Author, implement and test sounds for our games.
- Interface with Production, Design, Animation, VFX, and Engineering teams to ensure that audio works in-game and matches the vision of the game.
- Work with Product and Engineering to innovate and explore new approaches to improve efficiency and reliability of audio features, system design, and implementation processes for the game.
- 3+ years as a Sound Designer for video games or similar experience.
- Experience working in DAW workstations, such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Nuendo, etc.
- Extensive experience with audio authoring (Wwise) and game implementation techniques (emitters, animation tags, etc.).
- Experience working in a team environment, providing and receiving feedback.
- Familiarity with working with Unity.
- Experience with task tracking and version control software (JIRA, Perforce, etc.).
- Welcoming of creative input and constructive feedback from other disciplines, while advocating and promoting your own agenda and direction for audio design.
- Collaborative and willing to work with team members from all disciplines in order to execute the creative vision for the game.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Desire to be continually looking for opportunities to improve the audio in our games.
- Willing to face technical challenges, solve problems and fix bugs and technical issues on your own.
- A demo reel showing examples of your sound design work is required for this application.
Scopely is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games across multiple platforms. As part of Scopely’s family, our Boundless Entertainment studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, and addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values … but most of all we care about our community of players. We don't just make games, we play and love them too, making player
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $74,955 – $130,200, plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Company: Stept Studios
Location: El Segundo, CA, US / Hybrid
Stept is looking for a Sound Designer to join the team at Lockt Editorial. You should be someone passionate about audio and its ability to evoke emotion and narrative, with prior experience working in audio post-production.
Sound Designers at Stept must be able to jump into any part of the audio post process; from dialogue editing and cleanup, to sound design and sound effects editing, to final mix. You may take projects from beginning to end by yourself, or work collaboratively with the rest of the team, depending on the situation.
Must have advanced knowledge of Pro Tools and Izotope RX, as well as a strong understanding of audio post-production workflows.Role/Responsibilities
- Create sound design for commercials and branded projects
- Use audio to accomplish narrative and brand goals
- Be flexible enough to jump into any and all parts of the post audio process, including dialogue edit and final mix
- Take projects from beginning to end of the post audio process
- Work in a flexible and collaborative way with the rest of the audio team to accomplish the aesthetic goals of each project
- Advanced knowledge of Pro Tools and Izotope RX
- Skills in sound design, dialogue editing, and audio mixing
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Creative mindset and endless appetite for learning and improving your skills
- Recommended: 2+ years of experience in audio post-production
Company: Ubisoft Barcelona
Location: Barcelona, Spain