We came across interesting new jobs at Sucker Punch, Yager, Amazon Web Services, and Ubisoft Lyon – and they’re looking for an Audio Programmer (WA, US), Sound Designer (Germany), UX Sound Designer, Media and Ads (WA, US), and Sound Designer (France).
We also found openings for a Senior Audio Tester at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), Audio Artist (FIFA) at EA Vancouver (BC, Canada), Voice UX Designer at Volley (CA, US), Audio Designer at Crystal Dynamics (WA, US), Sound Designer at Mojang (Sweden), Audio AI Engineer at Zoom (CA, US), and Counsel (Music) at Riot Games LA (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Sound Designer at Anakama (France), Sound Designer/Mixer at Defacto Sound (Remote, US), Assistant Professor in Sound Design at University of Miami (FL, US), Sound Designer at Lost Boys Interactive (TX, US / Remote), Dialogue Sound Designer at Creative Assembly Horsham (England), Dialogue Designer at Survios (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Survios (CA, US), Audio Engineer at Pink Flamingo Productions (Remote), and Assistant Professor of Sound at University of North Calorina-Wilmington (NC, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• The Early Black Friday Sound Sale is live! Get A) amazing sound deals, B) extra sounds with ANY order, and C) download free SFX – all that right here
• Senior Sound Designer Megan Frazier shares her insights and lessons learned on how to break into game audio
• Starting right now, you get 500+ premium Impacts, Hits & Whooshes with any order for $500 or more
Company: Sucker Punch
Location: Bellevue, WA
Sucker Punch, the studio that created Ghost of Tsushima, is looking for an Audio Programmer to join our studio in Bellevue, WA. When you are playing a game, can you close your eyes and feel the space you are in? Is it large or cramped, an open field or an echoing valley? Does it have insects, birds or small creatures scurrying around? Can you tell if there are enemies nearby, and how the music can accentuate the feeling of calmness or immediate danger? If yes, our talented audio team generates gigabytes of raw creativity, and you’ll be pivotal in bringing that creativity to life in a spectacular game. We are looking for the whole package: someone with the necessary skills to investigate, define, create and deploy features from data entry in one of our creation tools, through the asset building pipeline, into the engine, culminating in a great game experience. Whether you are working on missions, UI, music, dialogue, or special effects, this is more than just coding a feature in a single layer; it is about owning the vision from user facing tools, all the way to the nut and bolts of the engine.
Sucker Punch fosters a healthy company culture, crucial to creating a productive and collaborative work environment. Here you will participate, interact, voice your ideas, and be a key part of something awesome.Responsibilities
- Analyze and enhance existing features, and support the artists and designers using them
- Work with audio and other dev teams to design and develop new features for our engine, from user input to awesome game experiences
- Work closely with audio team and lead programmer to develop and integrate new technologies into our game engine in support of enhancing the audio experience
- Work is done mostly in C++, but Python is also required for authoring workflows
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Able to own large engine features from start to finish
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Excellent communication across disciplines
- Solid 3D math skills
- Passionate about making great games
- Experience building core audio technologies (DSP, sound propagation, occlusion/obstruction, etc.)
- 3+ years of academic or personal experience in sound systems programming
- Experience with Wwise
- A sense of humor
Location: Berlin, Germany
Our people are our most important asset. Their individual skillsets and backgrounds, their creative and innovative thinking, and their love for games all create a collaborative environment which allows everyone to make their mark. We invest in the development of our staff, and reward their contributions with perks such as company parties, opportunities for workshops, celebrations after milestones and more.
We are looking for a Sound Designer with a passion in Sc-Fi first person shooter games to work on The Cycle: Frontier. An individual who can produce AAA quality assets and work autonomously within the design team. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, be driven to always improve the game and take feedback well.We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Responsibilities
- You will be embedded into a team and join stand ups and scrum rituals.
- You will be expected to be the expert in that team, helping them plan features from an audio perspective.
- You will help drive the audio quality of the given area you are responsible for, as well as taking requests from other departments when needed.
- You will have full license to create sounds how you best see fit, if they fit the audio vision created by the Creative Director and Audio Lead
- You will Quality assure your own work before handing to our QA team for further testing.
- You will be constantly iterating and tweaking all areas of audio until it reaches the highest level of quality.
- Regular 1on1s with the Audio Lead to help progress your career as well as give insights on how you think the company can improve.
- Games audio experience and a working understanding of the technical constraints of audio design for games.
- Hands-on experience using proprietary and/or custom game audio (e.g. Wwise, FMOD, SCREAM, Xact, etc.)
- Ability to create and mix film-quality sound effects through extensive knowledge of relevant audio packages (ProTools, Cubase, Wavelab, etc)
- Highly creative and imaginative with a keen attitude toward problem solving and an ability to quickly learn and use a variety of audio platforms/tools
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Unreal Engine Vanilla Audio tools experience
- Blue Print or code experience
- Nuendo experience
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
- Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
- We care about your well-being
- Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, monthly company events, fitness Club membership, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
- We encourage continuous learning
- Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
- We know how to have fun
- A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, Summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
- If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, we are looking forward to get to know you!
YAGER Development GmbH
Company: Amazon Web Services
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Come be a part of the mission to improve children’s lifelong outcomes by helping them connect with adult loved ones, no matter how near or far. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Description of Glow: “A new-to-world virtual, connected, and projected interaction model designed to help children and remote loved ones play, create, read, learn and have fun together as if they are right next to each other.”Job Summary
We’re looking for a sound designer who can own the audio creation and oversee the sound implementation of multiple activities and experiences.
This candidate would be able to design overall sound palates, individual assets and playback systems for interactive games and activities.
This person needs to work with a team, creating unique (yet consistent) experiences across a designated platform. They have an understanding of overall audio memory footprint and playback optimization.
Creation and ideation of games / activities and pre-production planning as well as sound vendor / contractor supervision is also part of the job.Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with interaction, art and motion designers to define the feel of the activity
- Define the overall sound of the experience
- Present the audio vision to stakeholders
- Create asset lists for each activity
- Align, track and communicate the audio schedule with the overall schedule
- Deliver assets consistent with defined guidelines
- Assess the implementation and build deliveries
- Elicit feedback from peers and are owners
- Iterate based on feedback and qualitative standards
- Schedule / attend audio reviews and team reviews
The UX Sound Designer will be working with both the project team and the overall UX Design team.
Day to day varies, but mornings may consist of status update meetings, task cross-referencing and work prioritization across the project / projects.
The afternoon might consist of designing sounds for interface, animations, and backgrounds or coordinating with designers / producers / programmers on sound implementation and review.About The Team
The UX design team is a group of highly motivated, helpful and creative professionals who will always do what they can to support you.
The products and dev teams are fantastic at quick prioritization and turn-around.
The team leaders are always looking to optimize and unblock employees so they can fail fast and succeed more often.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.Work/life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.Basic Qualifications
- Linear and Interactive sound design experience
- DAW / audio software proficiency
- Understanding of sound recording, editing and mastering
- Schedule tracking and reporting
- Experience working with a cross-discipline team
- Education or diploma / degree in audio related curriculum
- Audio middleware / implementation
- C# / C++ Audio coding & scripting
- Music / composition
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company: Ubisoft Lyon
Location: Lyon, France
Ubisoft Ivory Tower is looking for a passionate and experienced Sound Designer to join our Audio Team. From idea to final implementation into the game, you will be involved in many aspects of game audio development, like crafting sound for vehicles, gameplay and UI, and cinematics.Responsibilities
- Create original audio content to support artistic, creative and design visions of the game
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the correct implementation of audio in the game using proprietary tools and systems
- Design audio features, systems, and new processes for audio by working alongside the audio programmer when needed, taking into consideration technical and performance constraints.
- Ensure the audio mix consistency, proceed with test and debug
- Work closely with the Lead Sound Designer to ensure that goals are achieved in time and form following established production processes
- Write the documentation related to his topics
- Expérience in audio for video games
- Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with commercial or proprietary audio and implementation tools
- Solid experience with audio editing tools and plugins (Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton, etc.)
- Good knowledge of studio audio hardware and recording techniques
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and skills
- Great aesthetic sense and creativity
- Ability to understand and extend a vision
- Highly motivated and able to work well individually and as part of a collaborative team
- Experience working with Wwise
- Background in music theory or production
- Experience in vehicles sound design
Les 19 000 collaborateur.trice.s d’Ubisoft, réparti.e.s sur plus de 40 sites à travers le monde, sont lié.e.s par une mission commune : enrichir la vie des joueur.euse.s par des expériences de jeu originales et mémorables. Leur énergie et leur talent ont permis de donner vie à de nombreuses franchises acclamées telles que Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, et bien d’autres à venir. Ubisoft est un employeur soucieux de l’égalité des chances et estime que la diversité des origines et des perspectives est essentielle pour créer des mondes où les joueur.euse.s et ses équipes puissent s’épanouir et s’exprimer. Si vous êtes enthousiaste à l’idée de relever des défis passionnants, exploiter des technologies de pointe, et prendre part au futur du divertissement, rejoignez-nous et créez l’inconnu.
- Rémunération : selon profil et expérience
- Mutuelle prise en charge à 50%
- Tickets restaurants & abonnement de transport pris en charge à 50%
- Prime vacance
- Participation aux bénéfices de l’entreprise et accord d’intéressement
- Bonus de rentabilité
- Possibilités d’aide à la relocation selon les cas
- 4 jeux Ubisoft offerts par an et 8 places de spectacles/concert à prix réduit
- Playzone & babyfoot
- Flextime & télétravail
Play as a team, Race for excellence and Get creative! At Ubisoft Ivory Tower, we are driven by these values every day since 2007, join us to work on our successful Title: The Crew project as a SOUND DESIGNER (F/M/NB/D)