We came across interesting new jobs at Stept Studios, Rainbow Studios, Naughty Dog, and Fall Damage – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer (AZ, US), Systemic VO Director (CA, US), and Lead Audio Software Engineer (Sweden).
We also found openings for an Audio Engineer, Senior Sound Designer, and Sound Designer at Intrepid Studios (CA, US), Audio Engineer at Firaxis (NV, US), Audio Signal Processing and ML Engineer at Zoox (CA, US), Audio QA Tester at PlayStation Global (CA, US), Freelance Audio Localization Project Manager and Audio Project Lead at KWS Italy (Italy), Backend Web Developer / Full Stack Web Developer at Smartsound Group, Senior Supervising Sound Designer at KWS Sound Lab (CA, US / Remote), as well as an Audio Description Script Writer – Multiple Languages and Self Application – Actor/Sound Engineer/Dubbing Director at Keyword Studios (Multiple Locations).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at Edisen (Sweden), Audio Programmer at TT Games (England), Sound Designer at Gameloft Indonesia (Indonesia), Sound Designer at 1047 Games (Remote), and Music Internship at Dolby UK (England). Happy job hunting!
Company: Stept Studios
Location: El Segundo, CA, US
Stept is looking for a Sound Designer to join the team at Lockt Editorial. You should be someone passionate about audio and its ability to evoke emotion and narrative, with prior experience working in audio post-production.
Sound Designers at Stept must be able to jump into any part of the audio post process; from dialogue editing and cleanup, to sound design and sound effects editing, to final mix. You may take projects from beginning to end by yourself, or work collaboratively with the rest of the team, depending on the situation. Must have a strong understanding of audio post-production workflows.Expectations
- Create sound design for commercials and branded projects
- Use audio to accomplish narrative and brand goals
- Be flexible enough to jump into any and all parts of the post audio process, including dialogue edit and final mix
- Take projects from beginning to end of the post audio process
- Work in a flexible and collaborative way with the rest of the audio team to accomplish the aesthetic goals of each project
- Advanced knowledge of Pro Tools and Izotope RX
- Skills in sound design, dialogue editing, and audio mixing
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Creative mindset and endless appetite for learning and improving your skills
- Recommended: 2+ years of experience in audio post-production
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. SUBJECT LINE: Sound Designer
Stept is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates to apply.
Company: Rainbow Studios
Location: Phoneix, AZ, US
Rainbow Studios is looking for a senior sound designer willing to push the limits of audio with the next generation of racing games.Responsibilities:
- Design and implement sounds for a variety of interactive and linear content.
- Meet with team to review recent work, receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- Record original content for projects and augment existing proprietary audio library.
- Work with gameplay designers to ensure audio is supporting gameplay mechanics and providing optimal player feedback.
- Collaborate with team members and management to continuously develop and refine in-game audio systems and implementation pipelines.
- Create custom sound design, record / process dialog, and implement work in-engine.
- Contribute new ideas, concepts, methods as a part of a continuous commitment to professional growth.
- Create, maintain, and improve the quality standards of music and sounds on game projects.
- At least 5+ years of professional sound design experience in linear and/or interactive entertainment with a demo reel containing examples of relevant work.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and create immersive and emotive audio experiences in video games with a high standard of quality.
- Expert knowledge in DAW of choice (Pro-Tools, Ableton, Reaper, Cubase, etc.).
- Ability to adapt to proprietary software and project pipelines for audio integration.
- Extensive knowledge of game audio best practices, implementation tools, and middleware technologies (Wwise, FMOD, etc.).
- Experience recording in the studio and in the field.
Please send all your documents to email@example.com
Company: Naughty Dog
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
For nearly 40 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. We’ve been busy at the Kennel, most recently releasing The Last of Us Part I, a complete and faithful remake of the original game, rebuilt from the ground up and fully optimized for the PlayStation 5 and currently in development for PC. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll be continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog games have long been lauded for their evocative, character-driven stories and attention to detail. We are committed to innovation within our games and as such have curated some of the top creative and technically innovative minds in the industry. We welcome diverse candidates and believe that a broad range of cultural and life experiences contribute to the overall well-being and success of the studio and the titles we craft together.
We're looking for an experienced Voice Over Director who has a proven track record of excellence in directing compelling performances. The ideal candidate possesses a strong cinematic aesthetic, and also a deep understanding of complex video game dialogue systems for both player and NPCs, and a passion for narrative under the umbrella of systemic player feedback.
You will become an embedded member of the Dialogue Team. As such, a strong & clear communication style is required as collaboration is an essential feature to making games at Naughty Dog. You will be collaborating with fellow dialogue team members, writers, & designers, but you will report to the Dialogue Lead & Audio Director for all tasks. A key component of this role is having an appetite for learning and understanding that in ADR, we work as a team and share the room with our colleagues.
While we appreciate those applicants with a strong writing background, writing is not a part of the responsibility set for this role. We encourage you to check back for writing/narrative positions when available.Responsibilities:
- Directing voice over talent for all non-narrative dialogue systems including
- Systemic dialogue lines
- Efforts/Exertions & breathing
- Work effectively and efficiently to deliver the highest quality of voice performances
- Actively pursue knowledge of the technical history of our dialogue system
- Work seamlessly within our dialogue editorial production pipeline
- Integrate and tightly collaborate with senior members of the Dialogue Dept. on creative and technical goals
- Create a trusting, collaborative, and relaxed environment at the ADR stage with all team members and engineering staff
- Following the current guidelines and processes for dialogue production with a constant eye towards quality and improvement
- 5+ years experience as a voice director with at least 3 shipped AAA credits
- Deep understanding that it takes a team to make games
- Strong understanding of timing, pacing, and flow
- Able to identify creative and technical issues as they happen and intelligently communicate them out to the engineer
- Expert knowledge of how dialogue systems piece together
- Receptive to team feedback both in the control room and at Naughty Dog
- Be personable, and collaborative
- Patient and agile when under pressure
- Willingness to unpack system concepts mid-session to increase session efficiency
- Advocate for vocal stress management; the health of our talent is paramount
- Exceptional organization and documentation skills; Able to work with large amounts of assets, provide clear naming convention and detailed tracking
- Deep understanding of digital recording workflows, asset tracking, and room acoustics
- Directing VO for interactive sports games
- Experience with linear/interactive narratives
- Experience with audio design/editing
- Knowledge of DAWs and/or digital audio theory and workflows
- As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete a test
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression, and gender reassignment), race (including color, nationality, ethnic, national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below. $113,500—$170,300 USD
Company: Fall Damage
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Are you all about sound, immersion and gaming? Do you enjoy using your programming and mixing skills to enable teams in creating aural experiences? Do you also have a strong sense of what makes a particular game sound good from a creative point of view? Great!
We are working on a high-profile, competitive FPS and want an open-minded and collaborative Lead Audio Software Engineer to join our squad.Oh, and we put hybrid work first.
- Work from our office in Stockholm (Södermalm)? That works for us!
- Work remotely from anywhere in Sweden? If that suits you.
- Work some days at the office and some days remote? Absolutely!
We are well on our way with our current title ALARA Prime, which was revealed (pre-alpha) just this July!
Your input will be important for our shared goal – Creating an awesome gaming experience for the players in our ongoing FPS project.
You'll be leading our audio crew (2 peers) and collaborate cross-functionally with people from different crafts. As our new Lead Audio Software Engineer, you will divide your time between leading the audio group, working with audio designers to refine the game’s overall sound, and doing some hands-on software engineering in C++. All this is done in tight collaboration with the rest of the team.Sounds like a fun ride? Well, it is! The project:
Perhaps you are currently working at another studio or maybe you have a strong desire to re-join the industry. Either way, we want you to be a humble, and open person, passionate about gaming and your craft.Background/Skills:
- A minimum 5 years of professional game development experience in a role as Audio Programmer, Audio Software Engineer, Sound Programmer or similar
- Prior leadership experience, or experience mentoring peers
- C/C++ is home base
- Familiarity with the Unreal engine; both the engine itself and common subsystems
- Familiarity with Wwise
- Experience mixing and producing audio
- A keen sense for audio design, ideally related to MP shooters, with an understanding of how it ties into the overall product
- Fluent in English (read/written)
Note that we have a zero-tolerance policy for toxic behavior at Fall Damage. We value diversity and take joint responsibility for creating an inclusive and accepting environment where all voices are heard.Ready to level up? Come join us!
At Fall Damage we believe in potential and diversity, so in other words, we like to get to know YOU. Be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and/or tech and what parts you actually enjoy doing in your role.What about relocation?
If you're an EU citizen authorized to work in Sweden, we're all for it! We handle relocations on a case-by-case basis but will be able to assist with the most important part, which is finding a home for you. Unfortunately, we don't have the capability to offer work-permit solutions for non-EU citizens at the moment, something we hope to be able to provide as we grow in the future.