We came across interesting new jobs at Beamdog, Feel Free Games, Rebellion Warwick, and Everi – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (AB, Canada), Composer (Remote), Audio Programmer (England), and Audio Designer (NV, US).
We also found openings for a Music Supervisor at Ubisoft Paris (France), Audio Producer at Aristocrat (GA, US), C++ Software Developer, Spatial Audio at Audiokinetic (QC, Canada), Cinematics/Audio Producer at People Can Fly (QC, Canada), Technical Director, Distributed Audio Simulation at Roblox (CA, US), Audio Project Manager at KWS Tokyo (Japan), Junior Sound Designer at 11 Bit Studios (Poland), and Senior Music Product Manager at Riot Games Shanghai (SH, China).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Junior Sound Recordists at Videoheads (England), Sound Tester at Gameloft Montréal (QC, Canada), Assistant Sound Designer at Global (England), Sound Design Intern at Boundless Entertainment (Remote), Senior Audio Designer at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), UE5/C++ Audio Technical Artist at lluvium Labs (Remote), Audio Director at Paradox Interactive (Sweden), Junior Audio Designer at Deep Silver Dambuster (still open – England), and Sound Designer at Avalanche Studios (NY, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Get a fascinating listen to how the Dead Space game audio is made.
• How the sound team behind the Reacher series achieved a sonic knockout with action-packed audio.
• Here is the list of Golden Reel winners and sound stories behind their excellent work.
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for an Audio Designer to help us craft exciting new titles!
Part of the design team, the Audio Designer is responsible for being an active and key contributor in creating a consistent and rich style & audio landscape for Beamdog’s game projects. The Audio Designer is responsible for audio assets and workflow processes throughout the production cycle, creating, sourcing, editing, and implementing game-ready audio. Works closely with the rest of the design team to maintain a high level of quality and consistency of assets.
Beamdog is a remote friendly environment, however remote candidates must have regular access to a professional quality audio recording space. (Home Studios are acceptable)Responsibilities:
- Utilize advanced methods and techniques to create various in-game sounds, effects, and music, including mixing, processing, and implementation into the game engine
- Use the game engine’s audio tools to hook up sounds to animations , effects , and other various game events
- Develop the sound concept, sound map, or storyboard for game projects
- Ensure sound effects meet technical requirements of the game including voice channel limits, memory management, etc.
- Investigate sound issues to debug/fix, and ensure sounds play correctly
- Pre-mix sound effects to be implemented in game, and oversee final sound design mix
- Perform high-level audio implementation scripting tasks using visual scripting platforms such as UE4 Blueprints
- Key contributor to defining sound design specifications and developing tone of audio for style guide documentation of projects.
- Use various different sound implementation systems such as Wwise, FMOD, Unreal, UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems
- 3-5 years of game audio design and implementation experience
- Experience using game audio development tools, technology and pipelines. Experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and implementation or computer game product development experience.
- Highly proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up. Advanced experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of node based visual scripting tools. (Unreal Blueprints, Pure Data, Max MSP, etc)
- Expertise with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW.
- Strong understanding of audio concepts and industry standards.
- Thoroughly understands the foundations of dynamic, frequency, and time based effects as well as audio synthesis.
- Outstanding sound design and listening skills.
- Experience developing audio pipelines and workflow for a game project
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!We offer the following perks:
- Opportunity to work on and develop a new and exciting IP
- Work from anywhere within Canada or come join us in Edmonton!
- 3 weeks of flexible vacation plus a 1-week holiday closure per year.
- Generous sick and personal days
- Flexible working hours
- NO CRUNCH policy
- RRSP Matching Program
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits
- Health & wellness spending account
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing huma n differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Company: Feel Free Games
We’re an experienced team who are having a lot of fun working on a fully-funded relaxing retro-style country life sim.
Why don’t you join us?
Are you a talented composer who loves to make music for games?
Do you enjoy polishing even the smallest things in your music tracks to perfection so they match the quality of the rest of the game and can elevate it to the next level?
Can you match the emotional feeling of our game with your music?
If so, we might have the perfect job for you.The person we are looking for must be passionate about gaming and should be able to:
- Compose memorable and catchy tunes for a variety of core activities in the game.
- Compose ambient music that sets the mood for in-game events and for a variety of locations in the game.
- You are able to implement music inside Wwise and Unity.
- You can play different instruments.
In return, we can offer you a permanent job (20-40 hours/week depending on your preferences), a good salary – and a friendly and fun work environment without overtime and crunch time.
Our office is based in the Netherlands but working remotely is an option if you can attend some of our morning meetings (9:00 till 12:00 Central European Time Zone).Does this sound like you?
To apply for the job, please follow the instructions on this page before the 3rd of April 2022.
Company: Rebellion Warwick
Location: Warwick, UK
Are you an experienced Audio Programmer who is passionate about audio in games looking to looking to take on your next challenge? Do you want to work on proprietary technology with the freedom to create new methods?
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Audio Programmer and join our passionate and talented in-house tech team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
We're looking for an experienced audio programmer to join our engine team, working on our in-house engine and editing tools. Candidates should be passionate about audio in games and driven to work with multiple game teams to create advanced features that enhance the audio experience of our players. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other related areas of the engine codebase.What you’ll do;
- Work with game teams to identify and develop new audio features
- Iterate tools with sound designers to create efficient workflows
- Research and evaluate new game audio technology
- Maintain and support existing audio features
- Assist in planning and prioritising tasks
- Experience with routing, bussing and mixing of digital signals
- Understanding of digital and analogue signal processing
- Good understanding of frequency domain topics (FFTs), sampling theorem and filtering
- Able to create high performance and multi-threaded code
- Experience with PC and console audio APIs
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the recently released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!Diversity and Inclusion at Rebellion
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
Location: Reno, NV, US
Does the prospect of a position that allows you to compose in every style and genre sound exciting to you? Our Reno studio is looking for an Audio Designer who will work on multiple projects and collaborate with Artists, Mathers, Developers, and Producers to create the best casino games imaginable.
The perfect candidate will be based around one of our headquarter locations: Reno, Las Vegas, Austin, or Chicago. This is a hybrid position where you can work remotely approximately 2-3 days a week or as needed.What Will You Be Doing?
- Composing, mixing, mastering, creating and implementing music and sound effects for our video and mechanical casino games.
- Compose music in all genres – rock, jazz, orchestral, etc.
- Synchronize sound to animation and game events.
- Collaborate with Developers, Artists, Creative Directors, and Producers to create the desired audio outcome on the respective project.
- Audio production, sound manipulation and virtual instrument experience
- 8+ years of experience as a composer and sound designer for games – casino or otherwise.
- Ability to compose in every style and genre.
- Instrument proficiency, music programming, and composition experience.
- Audio manipulation experience.
- Understanding of music theory.
- Solid understanding of acoustics.
- Coaching voice-over talent.
- Experience with audio tools like XACT, Cubase, Pro tools, Wwise, or other professional sound tools.
- Work in a faster-paced environment – you won't be working on the same project for 5 years here!
- Have some autonomy and input in choosing the style and genre of music.
- Work from home with occasional visits to one of our office locations in Reno, Las Vegas, Austin, or Chicago.
- Great company benefits – M/D/L, 401k & company match, adoption assistance, gym reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, and more!
- Everi Corporate HQ is committed to expanding its innovative and creative reach, building a culture based on the tenets of respect and transparency. We are proud to be the gaming industry’s single-source provider of financial technology, loyalty solutions, games, and intelligence solutions. Let’s Go!