We came across interesting new jobs at Distruptive Games, Cat Daddy Games, EA DICE, and Valve Corporation – and they’re looking for a Senior Technical Audio Designer (CA, US), Audio Designer (WA, US), Senior Voice Designer (Sweden), and Audio Software Engineer (WA, US / Hybrid).
We also found openings for an Audio Engineer at BLEND Localization (GA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Fish Labs (Germany), Voice Engineer at LeapXpert (NY, US), Audio Engineer at Capgemini Engineering (CA, YS), Senior Product Manager of Music Tools at Pandora (MI, US / Hybrid), Android Audio Engineer at KPIT (CA, US), Audio Producer at Cato Institute (DC, US), Audio Producer at Gannett (Remote), Head of Audio at Boston Globe Media (MA, US), Technical Sound Designer at EA Create (BC, Canada), Graduate Audio Designer at Improbable (England), Music Analyst at Ubisoft Pune (MH, India), Audio Technical Director at Ubisoft Montreal (QC, Canada), and Senior Sound Designer at CD PROJEKT RED (Poland).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Freelance Producer – Audio Post Production at Doppler & Dubbs (England / Remote), Assistant Sound Editor at The Post Lounge (NSW, Australia), and Junior Audio Engineer at amp sound branding (Germany). Happy job hunting!
Company: Distruptive Games
Location: Berkeley, CA, US
Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
As a Senior Technical Audio Designer at Disruptive Games, you will be responsible for helping craft the sonic identity of the game and the audio tools used to realize it. Your job will entail conceptualizing and designing sounds as well as creating dynamic and adaptive audio systems. We’re looking for someone with a passion for game audio, a team player attitude, and a knack for problem solving.What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the Lead Audio Designer to conceive, design, script, prototype, iterate, validate, and improve dynamic audio systems in Unreal Engine 5
- Design and implement audio assets while keeping them creatively aligned with the overall vision of the game
- Collaborate and communicate cross-departmentally with designers, programmers, artists, producers and QA
- Share knowledge and provide technical documentation on best practices and audio system pipelines
- Manage and organize audio assets using our naming convention, loudness standards and soundclass/submix structure
- Regularly playtest our game and provide both creative and technical feedback on ways to improve and enhance the game's mix and sonic identity
- Troubleshooting and debugging of game audio systems
- 2+ years of proven game development and implementation experience
- Bachelors degree or certificate in Music Production, Music Technology or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in scripting in Unreal Engine 5 using Blueprints and MetaSounds
- Strong proven sound design and implementation skills
- Highly proficient in audio production software (DAWs), sound theory, digital signal processes, batch processing
- Able to work well individually and as part of a highly collaborative team
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills, and able to provide and receive constructive feedback with ease and kindness
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment via video conferencing and discussion tools such as Discord, MS Teams, or Zoom
- Avid gamer, with a passion for multiplayer games
- Experience in programming in C#/C++
- Experience working in task tracking software such as Clickup, Asana, Jira, Shotgrid, or Trello
- Experience with asset management and organization through either Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience working with physics-based audio, particularly vehicle audio
- Experience with accessible audio design
- Experience implementing localized sound design and VO for third-person multiplayer gameplay
- Experience optimizing audio for consoles
- Shipped at least 1 title
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.
Company: Cat Daddy Games
Location: Kirkland, WA, UA
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label. The studio is a fun, dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.What We Need
Cat Daddy Games is looking for an experienced video game Audio Designer to help us create new and exciting content for our mobile game titles. Working closely with the Audio Lead, you will have the opportunity to work in sound design as well as music composition.What You Will Do
- Work with the audio lead to determine audio asset needs.
- Have ownership of certain project tasks, working autonomously as needed.
- SFX design and creation from libraries or foley.
- Sound and Music asset implementation using proprietary tools.
- Compose and record music for multiple genres. Primarily using in the box solutions for recording.
- Contribute creatively and technically to defining a game's experience.
- Work on project files shared by other developers.
- 2+ years of experience in game audio development.
- Mobile game experience is a plus!
- Audio degree preferred but not required.
- Shipped at least 2 video game titles on any platform.
- Experience in creating sound assets for games.
- Understanding of Console and mobile audio capabilities.
- Excellent teammate with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Familiarity with QA processes and bug tracking
- Proficiency in digital audio workstations (Sound Forge, Pro Tools, Studio One, Logic)
- Experience working with Perforce, game audio implementation middleware (FMOD, Wwise), and / or the Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Hard-working and self-driven individual who takes pride in their work
- Adaptable, willingness to adjust as necessary to meet project timelines
- To be considered applicants must submit a current reel.
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for all of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation. By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion.
If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice. I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $ $28.85 and $43.27 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to medical insurance. Employees will also receive 10 paid sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Company: EA DICE
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced Voice Designer to join our team at DICE in Stockholm. We are passionate about making games and we want to add a new person to our team who can bring their ideas, energy, curiosity and passion to our projects.You will work with our in-house Voice Design team to design systems, record actors and implement content into our action packed titles. You are a developer who wants to support and illuminate the player experience through the use of voice in games. You are inspired by new technologies, new recording techniques and challenging yourself technically and creatively. You want to work on DICE projects, with the opportunities and challenges of working in the multiplayer game space. Our goal is to make great voice content and push the discipline of Voice Design into the future
The position is based in Stockholm, hybrid working is possibleResponsibilities
- Collaborate with the other voice designers
- Report to the Audio Director
- Be curious about other disciplines and be able to take ideas from other teams, create a design and show people why this is a great idea in our game
- Work on gameplay systems design with the game designers and narrative team
- Collaborate with the narrative team on the style and tone of the script and actors performance
- Cast actors in collaboration with other teams
- Record actors
- Work on voice integration pipelines with the audio programmers
- Voice integration into the game
- Collaborate on the mix of the game with the Audio director
- Bug fixing and delivery
- Excellent voice production skills
- Experience working with actors
- Voice recording and performance techniques, can be in different media
- Have a high level of English, reading, writing and comprehension
- Can work fluently and creatively in English with actors
- Knowledge of software like Reaper
- 1+ years of experience with Unreal, Unity, FMod or Max MSP is preferable
- Voice integration experience
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Company: Valve Corporation
Location: Bellevue, WA, US / Hybrid
Valve is looking for audio software engineers to push the boundaries of audio tools and technologies for video games and VR. Audio engineers can work on extending our spatial audio technology, Steam Audio, and make a lasting impact on the game and VR audio development processes and broaden the range of audio experiences that developers can deliver. Audio engineers at Valve can also work with one of our game teams to engineer audio tools that empower creative storytelling techniques and deliver enjoyable experiences to millions of customers around the world. Collaborate with a team of broadly-skilled peers to make audio a powerful element in all current and future Valve products.Apply now!
What We Offer
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews