We came across interesting new jobs at Hypixel Studios, Virtuos, Microsoft, and AVID – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer (Remote), Sound Designer (SH, China), Senior Audio Designer (CA, US), and Consulting Product Manager (Professional Audio Systems) (Remote).
We also found openings for an Audio Engineer at Supreme Team (Remote), Freelance Sound Designer at Pixaera (Remote), Sound & Music Designer at Avataris (Austria), Media Production Manager at Apple (CA, US), Hardware QA Engineer at Ableton (Germany), Senior Product Manager, Audio at Belkin (CA, US), Podcast Producer at iHeartMedia (CA, US), Audio Operator at Disney (CT, US), Audio Technical Assistant at Blizzard (CA, US), Audio Designer at Raven Software (WI, US), Lecturer in Music Technology at University of the Arts Helsinki (Finland), and Contract Senior Sound Designer at ArenaNet (WA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Lead Sound Designer at PlayStation UK (England), Senior Experience Designer – Audio Tools at Adobe (San Francisco, Seattle, San Jose, or New York, US), Senior Sound Designer at Limitless Games (Spain), Junior Sound Designer, and a Junior Technical Sound Designer at Cloud Imperium Games (England) Junior Sound Designer at Noiseworks (England). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Exclusive video: Behind the powerful sound of One Night in Miami – with Andy Hay and Bryan Parker
• How the sound team crafted the sounds of conflict and comedy for Lego Marvel Avengers: Climate Conundrum
• Audio Lead Joe Thwaites highlights the catchy theme tune for Sackboy: A Big Adventure
• Happy International Women’s Day! Meet some of the talented women in sound
• How Barney Oram created his excellent Western Black Powder Guns sound effects library
Company: Hypixel Studios
We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our audio team you will be responsible for creating audio concepts, designing quality sound effects, and implementing assets in Wwise (and our in-house Game Engine). You will be continuously communicating with game developers and fellow audio team members to ensure our players are having the best experience while enjoying our games.Who You Are
- You are driven by discovering solutions to unique problems, and creating complex soundscapes from many different angles
- You thrive when learning, building, and teaching. Helping solve a difficult problem and then using that knowledge to help the team or pipeline is highly rewarding.
- You are an excellent communicator. You love to give feedback on work in progress, and you love to teach your co-workers and the community new work methods and efficiencies.
- You can successfully manage relationships with other teams and help them get the most out of working with Sound Design.
- 5 Years of experience in audio for games
- Experience with recording (both studio and field recording techniques), signal flow, processing, and mixing;
- Wwise knowledge, audio post process plugins, mastering, performance optimization knowledge;
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Reaper, Pro Tools);
- Experience championing the goals set with the Audio Director
- Ability to implement simple, and efficient solutions to complex, and unique problems
- Understanding of the technical constraints regarding audio implementation
- Experience with scripting languages
- Very good debugging skills
- Passionate about audio in games
- Experience working on shipped titles
Please note, a relevant showreel of your audio work is required;We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
Location: Shanghai, SH, China
PLAY, GROW and WIN: To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Sound Designer who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
Location: China, Shanghai
- Conceptualize, schedule, design, and produce high quality audio assets in accordance with the requirement of the projects.
- Record and create the audio sample according to the requirement of the projects
- Optimize the audio post-production to meet the requirement of the projects
- Work with team members to integrate and adjust the audio assets
- Professional quality audio production and all related acoustics technologies
- Passionate about game development
- Mastered the audio software, e.g. Sound Miner, Avid ProTools
- Team player, Good communication skill
- 1 year sound design experience in game industry preferred
- Good English ability preferred
- 了解并能熟练使用专业音频软件，例如：Sound Miner，Avid ProTools。
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, US
At Microsoft our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The M365 Core product design team is creating AI-powered experiences that help people achieve more with less effort.
We are designing Search, Assistant and Intelligence-driven experiences via an ongoing conversation with our customers, building a relationship where we work to understand them and earn their trust through transparency and respect.
We are looking for a passionate, Senior Audio Designer who can help to shape how we use AI and voice output to create voice-driven experiences that our customers love.
Artificial intelligence is changing everything about the ways we design and build products and experiences. Our team embraces the uncertainty and variability of non-deterministic systems, approaching the design of intelligence-driven experiences with curiosity and humility. We strive to create experiences that adapt gracefully and rapidly to the ever-changing unarticulated needs of our customers.
- Work with design and engineering teams to deliver on our customer promises
- Deeply understand and fiercely advocate for the experience throughout all stages of the development process and customer journey.
- Lead, guard and evolve the spoken style and aesthetic tone of the product
- Evangelize Cortana voice output (TTS; text-to-speech) via creation of demos and related materials; present or assist in presentations
- Develop teaching assets pertaining to voice design, TTS, and audio tools
- Rationalize and clarify ambiguous problems and design solutions that illustrate and illuminate variable outcomes
- 8+ years of audio product design experience
- 5+ years of TTS design experience with 1+ yr in emerging Neural-TTS technology
- Proven understanding of cloud/platform delivery of TTS voices at scale
- Experience with general AI concepts,
- voice-driven product design and conversational interfaces
- Deep understanding of the creative process and general design fundamentals
- Experience working directly with software developers and other creators
- Skilled in developing and delivering presentations and teaching documents; excellent communication skills
- Minimum BA/BS degree in music, audio, or equivalent experience & studies
- Expert audio software skills; solid base in technical audio theory; recording studio experience (including working directly with voice actors and studio staff)
- Broad audio design experience (dialogue, music, sound effects) a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
ABOUT AVID Avid makes technology and collaborative tools so creators can entertain, inform, educate, and enlighten the world. Our customers are the visionaries behind the most inspiring feature films, television programs, news broadcasts, televised sporting events, music recording and live concerts. To learn how Avid powers greater creators or for more information, visit www.avid.com.
JOB SUMMARY As Consulting Product Manager, will be the expert in the marketspace for Professional Audio Systems and you will be the technical expert in product management from design conception to market delivery. You will function as a central resource with design, manufacturing, quality, test, marketing, and distribution as the product(s) move through their lifecycle; directs those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products; formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control; and promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Understand the pro audio commercial landscape and how it fits into Avid’s business strategy; how the product will achieve financial results
- Guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit; work closely with and manage 3rd party teams, drive Scrum teams, and set their direction, goals, and work priorities
- Will work on increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
- Works closely with and presents to sr. leadership the product roadmap and how it will achieve financial results
- Be on top of general industry trends down to specific user requirements with an ability to effectively develop new products.
- Understand and presents competitive industry data to sr leadership in order to gain support and investment to the business product plans.
- Understand driving need behind customer requests; continue to ask questions to get to the root cause of problems
- Serve as “voice of the customer” reinforcing customer perspective throughout product development cycle.
- Be spokesperson for product-team efforts in sprint reviews and technology demonstrations and be able to express the value of our efforts from the customer perspective.
- Proactively manage expectations and education of all product stakeholders, including but not limited to customers, partners, and internal functions, such as production support, service, and sales.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience leading large design efforts and coordinating project teams
- 15+ years’ experience in pro audio industry (as a user, marketer, product designer, or a combination)
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework and practical use cases
- Familiarity with audio HW and SW product workflows
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Comfortable working with multiple teams with remote members
- Ability to work with and build strong relationships with members of a cross functional teams, stakeholders and customers
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to articulate thoughts-in detail through written communications
- Strong technical aptitude, quick learner, ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable driving teams and management to decisions; willing to push-back for information and answers
- Experience working as a Principle Product Owner/Designer on a team that has delivered pro audio HW/SW using an agile approach
- Experience leading, collaborating, and working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience with agile enterprise software development processes and methodologies
- Pragmatic Marketing or similar certification in product management or product ownership
- Certification in Scaled Agile, preferably as a Product Owner/Designer
- You have been responsible for ensuring the quality of experience and completeness in a product before it ships. And your products have shipped very frequently.
- You have a serious passion for learning. Not just about new topics, but also about yourself: you welcome and elicit feedback on what you can do better.
Avid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.