We came across interesting new jobs at Planet Interactive, Emerald City Games, Sony Bend Studio, and Sony Santa Monica – and they’re looking for an Audio Producer (WA, US), Audio Designer (BC, Canada), Senior Audio Programmer (OR, US), and Senior Audio Programmer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Contract Sound Designer at Bungie (WA, US), Audio Visual Infrastructure Engineer at Cruise (CA, US), Senior Audio Producer at Hangar 13 (CA, US), Research Intern – Audio and Acoustics Research Group at Microsoft (WA, US), Sound Studio Technician at Sony San Diego (CA, US), Senior Software Enigneer, Audio Tools at PlayStation (CA, US), Senior Audio Programmer at SIE San Diego Studio (CA, US), Audio Technician at Spotify (CA, US), and Audio Engineer at SDI Media (Sweden).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Programmer at Avalanche Studios (Sweden), Manager, Music & Licensing Strategy at Viacom (NY, US), Contact Sound Designer at LDLC VR Studio (France). Happy job hunting!
Company: Planet Interactive
Location: Seattle, WA, US
- Monitor, track, and support multiple projects and initiatives, both internally and cross-functionally
- Capable of adapting communication to collaborate with teams across a variety of disciplines
- Manage all phases of VR audio design, production, implementation, deployment, and support ongoing quality control initiatives
- Facilitate driving projects to completion, including team-wide system and process initiatives such as training and onboarding programs
- Assist in construction and refinement of production pipeline and process
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in creative production, emphasis on audio
- Proficiency in Mac OS, including office tools and familiarity with audio digital workstations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in project management workflows
- Experience working in a task system, such as Jira
- Experience in leading small teams (8-10 people)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Company: Emerald City Games
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Emerald City Games is a collection of the best designers, developers and artists, and we’re looking for an awesome Audio Designer to join our team! Someone that has a good work ethic, attitude and wants to work on great games with great people.
Tasks Could Include
- Mixing, recording, editing, and implementation of in-game sound effects, VO, and possibly music
- Creation of all forms of Sound Design (environmental/ambience, UI sounds, creatures, VO, animation, cinematic, etc)asap if its not too much work
- Collaborating with top notch designers and engineers to realize your vision
- Developing games that you yourself would want to play!
Emerald City Games is unique, even by industry standards. It’s a great culture, that has you inspired every day.
- Be really good at what you do. We have a high standard. We like to give our devs a lot of responsibility and ownership.
- Work hard. We want people to roll up their sleeves when they need to, while supporting and encouraging others!
- Get along well with others. At ECG we see everyone as family. We pride ourselves on creating an environment that is supportive and offers equal opportunity for everyone!
Check out this video to get a sense of what the culture is like here.
Oh, and don’t think you need to be in Canada to apply. Our company has a long history of obtaining work visas. We want to work with the best, and we don’t let borders stop us.
Ready to jump into your dream job? Contact us at click apply. Include your “Full Name | Position” in the subject line of your email.
Company: Sony Bend Studio
Location: Bend, OR, US
Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our passionate team.
If you love game audio, and the implementation of audio in games, have an ear for excellence; if you’re motivated, and collaborate well with sound designers, we’d love to hear from you!Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing systems and tools for the audio team’s needs (such as sound propagation, environmental audio, dialogue systems, physics systems etc)
- Supporting audio designers in their use of these systems and tools
- Supporting and extending audio workflows and pipelines
- Writing clear, well-documented, portable, and highly functional code
- Profiling and performance-tuning code to remove bottlenecks
- Testing, debugging, and assuring the functional quality of all the audio within the game
- Participating in the design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers
- Creating measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload
- Minimum 5 years professional programming experience and/or at least one shipped AAA title
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ coding skills with experience in code optimization and multi-processor programming
- Comfortable writing and maintaining audio systems at all levels, from the base audio engine to game code, music and dialog management and tool support
- Solid code architecture skills and system design experience
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Advanced skills in Vector Math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations) and Physics
- Experience implementing interactive 3D audio in dynamic game-world environments
- Experience with middleware audio solutions, such as Wwise, FMOD, Miles (or similar proprietary tools) and their APIs
- Knowledge of game engines and understand the constraints of game consoles
- Ability to work independently and also within a multidisciplinary team where you can communicate ideas with the sound team and other engineers
- Passion for games, enthusiasm, initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Fundamental skills in sound design: creating, editing, mixing of sounds for games
- Experience designing conversation/dialogue systems
- Experience designing physics systems for audio
- Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
- Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Company: Sony Santa Monica
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
You are into audio, into game audio, and into implementation. You have an ear for great, and you want great to be the games you make. And you collaborate well with composers and audio designers: they make the stuff, you make it sing.
You are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
• Design and implement systems and tools for the audio team’s needs (such as occlusion, streaming, performance, and so on).
• Collaborate with audio designers in their use of these systems and tools.
• Support and extend audio workflows and pipelines.
• Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
• Profile and optimize code to remove bottlenecks.
• Test and document code produced.
• B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five years professional programming experience.
• Understand audio-specific terminology and technology.
• Expertise in C and C++.
• Strong generalist with solid code architecture skills.
• Proficient in linear algebra.
• Enthusiasm and initiative.
• Excellent spoken and written communication.
• Able and motivated to work with other team members.
• Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.