We came across interesting new jobs at Chimney, Rockstar North, EA Industrial Toys, and Keyword Studios – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Sweden), Audio Programmer (Scotland), Audio Director (CA, US), and Freelance Audio Engineer (Spain).
We also found openings for an Audio Applied Scientist at Amazon (MA, US), Senior Audio Artist (VO) at EA Create Audio (QC, Canada), Audio Artist – Music at EA Create Audio (QC, Canada), Audio Developer at EA Motive (QC, Canada), Lead Audio Designer at Ubisoft Barcelona (Spain), Contract Audio Artist at EA Sports (FL, US), Contract Voice Editor at EA Redwood (CA, US), Technical Sound Designer at DICE (Stockholm, Sweden), Audio Software Engineer – AR/VR and Applied Scientist – AR Audio Algorithms at at Facebook (CA, US), and Music Operations Specialist at Bungie (WA, US). Happy job hunting!
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Chimney is a global, full-service creation studio excelling in brand marketing and entertainment experiences. With offices in 13 cities worldwide, our 300+ employees bring diverse insight and craftsmanship to any given project. Fusing strategy, production, technology and creativity, we work with an integrated process to deliver value to our clients. From ideation to distribution, each team member focuses on a holistic outcome born by openness and collaboration.
For over 20 years we have crafted award-winning stories (Oscar, BAFTA, Cannes Lion, Palme d’Or, Sundance, Berlinale, PromaxBDA) and delivered marketing and communication solutions for the world’s most recognized brands. Our creativity inspires innovation and joy, connecting clients to audiences to drive growth and deliver real impact. And we do it by nurturing the best talent around the world under one roof.
With over 6,000 outputs in over 60 markets and a yearly audience of over 100 million, Chimney has redefined what video-driven content communication is all about. At Chimney, we believe in constantly challenging ourselves and our clients to engage the audience through innovation and creation.JOB DESCRIPTION
Our awesome team in Stockholm is seeking a multi-talented Sound Designer to work in our commercial department and possibly within feature film. You will enjoy working both with local and international clients from our gorgeous Skeppsbron office.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sound design (SFX dialogue, mix)
- Create engaging soundscapes and moods
- Deliveries (MnE, DME, etc)
- Supervise ADR session
- Client contact
- Experienced sound designer preferably with a number of commercials/trailers/music videos under your belt
- 1-2 years relevant experience (In Pro Tools)
- Experienced with direct client contact
- Native Swedish speaker
- Social and easy going with your colleagues and clients
- Driven and excited to learn more about the business
- Dedicated and passionated
As soon as possibleAPPLICATION
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: FIRST NAME_SURNAME – Sound Designer
Company: Rockstar North
Location: Ediburgh, UK
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry. Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Audio Programmer who possesses a passion for innovative procedural audio in games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar audio programming team is responsible for the technology that powers the audio and music in our games.
- We’re committed to creating incredibly immersive interactive audio, pushing the sonic boundaries of what’s possible in our medium.
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary audio team to design and implement cutting edge interactive/procedural audio systems.
- Work closely with audio designers to implement SFX into the game world.
- Work with Rockstar’s audio technology team to develop world-class audio middleware.
- Work alongside the core programming team to manage the audio system’s performance and feature set.
- Scheduling and tracking of their own work, and coordinating their work with other members of the audio team.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong maths skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- In-depth knowledge of digital audio concepts, data formats, tools and processes.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Strong object-oriented design.
- Understanding of technical limitations and trade-offs, and an interest in exploring the potential of new audio technology to creatively solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within our large interdisciplinary team.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of modern audio middleware such as Wwise or FMOD.
- Experience with real-time signal processing (DSP) and synthesis/procedural audio.
- Familiarity with 3D audio spatialization concepts including ambisonics and HRTFs.
- Interest and knowledge in acoustic simulation.
- Experience working on highly multi-threaded software.
- Experience working as an Audio Programmer on PC or console games development.
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Company: EA Industrial Toys
Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for an audio director to join our team and help create immersive, engaging audio for our mobile first person shooter. Our studio understands the importance of audio in creating an interactive experience and we are looking for the right person to help us achieve that goal.Responsibilities:
- Work with a cross location team of sound designers, leading by example and offering guidance
- Craft an immersive mobile audio experience, create new sound effects that fit the game universe for all aspects of the game (VFX, characters, environments, UI, creatures, etc.)
- Make technical decisions and develop systems to streamline the audio pipeline
- Help determine audio priorities and manage schedule to make sure audio content delivers on schedule
- Identify outsourcing needs and handle their utilization if necessary
- Work with project stake holders to maintain their creative vision
- Implement audio assets into UE4 using audio middleware
- Test and implement interactive music systems in Wwise
- Work closely with various departments (art, design, engineering, QA) to determine audio needs and make sure audio is functioning properly throughout the game
- Make sure audio is performant on target devices; testing memory, CPU, and disk usage
- Help build a stronger audio community within EA.
- 6+ years working in video game audio, and at least one shipped triple AAA title
- Portfolio/demo reel which includes examples of strong sound design skills for games and demonstrates an ability to create engaging audio experiences
- You have experience in working in a collaborative environment
- You are highly proficient with a variety of professional audio software and tools
- You have experience implementing audio with Audiokinetic’s Wwise platform and an awareness of other middleware solutions
- You have experience authoring in UE4 or similar real-time engine
- You have excellent communication skills
- Avid gamer is a plus
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
Company: Keyword Studios
Location: Madrid, Spain
Established in 1998 and working in over 30 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast-growing plc., listed on the London Stock
Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video Games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.
Keyword is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Madrid, Montreal, Rome, Seattle, Singapore and more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
The Audio Engineer Freelance will work on demand for KWSS Madrid, for the Audio Engineering Team. Recording in our facilities and/or postproduction-mixing tasks required from the team. All candidates must sign a contractor NDA and will perceive a flat rate per hour.
– Recording according to client’s demands in terms of technical specifications such as frequency, bitrate, loudness, and time constraint.
– Make sure that the booth is ready and all sessions and assets are prepared.
– Follow director’s guidelines.
– Postproduction and mixing tasks on demand, according to specific instructions from Audio Engineering Team.
What we are looking for
– Knowledge of audio engineering hardware and software.
– Punctuality and flexible scheduling.
– Pro Tools & Reaper DAWs will be used.
– Experience in dubbing recording for at least 2 years.
– Experience working in videogames dubbing.
– Easy-going and good communication skills.
– Able to learn and adapt to new processes and procedures.
– Anticipate problems/needs and find solutions.