We came across interesting new jobs at Epic Games, Deep Silver Dambuster Studios, EA Montréal, and Probably Monsters – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer (NC, US), Lead Audio Designer (England), Senior Audio Artist (QC, Canada), and Senior Sound Designer (WA, US).
We also found openings for a Principal Audio Designer at Polyarc (WA, US), VO Designer at Riot Games (CA, US), Lead Audio Designer at Splash Damage (England), Note Tracker – Music Analyst at Ubisoft (Japan), Audio DSP Firmware Engineer – Contractor at Magic Leap (CA, US / FL, US), Audio Engineer at NatCave Studio (NY, US), Audio Engineer at The New York Times (NY, US), Audio Engineer at Recount Media (NY, US), and World Radio Producer at WGBH (MA, US).
Highlight – sound stories this week: Get fantastic deals on 100s of SFX libraries while you can with the huge community summer sale. Learn about essential tools, techniques and insights for building a successful post sound workflow – from seasoned Sound Supervisors Steve Fanagan & Niall Brady. Hear from experienced Foley Artist Alyson Dee Moore talk to George Haddad about a life in Foley.
Company: Epic Games
Location: Cary, NC, US
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.What we do
The audio team at Epic is tasked with creating world-class sound design that delights and compels our players. We work as part of an amazing team in a flexible and fast-paced environment to create and implement audio in an effective and efficient way to ship great games. What you’ll do
As a senior sound designer, you’ll apply your refined audio aesthetic and ear to creating audio for one of the most popular games in the world. We value ideas and the freedom to innovate with amazing audio content and technologies.
In this role, you will
Engage with a world-class team to create amazing audio and gaming experiences.
Help to raise the quality level of audio in Epic game titles and technologies.
Push the development of audio features and for future Unreal audio engine development.
Expert knowledge of sound design and mixing methods and tools.
Extensive audio engineering and DAW skills and knowledge.
Strong self-management and organization skills and ability to work independently.
Experience with Unreal or Unity editors, including scripting, level editor, animation and linear editors.
Experience with audio toolsets/middleware and implementation of audio assets into game builds.
Mixing and mastering multitrack audio for use in linear or interactive contexts.
Able to collaborate with diverse teams and disciplines to create amazing audio.
Ability to design and implement audio scripting to achieve desired in-game audio features and dynamic playback.
Troubleshooting audio issues and ability to optimize assets to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms.
Must have shipped at least two AAA titles and have 3 years as part of an audio team.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process.
Must have experience with field recording.
Must have experience creating audio for linear media.
Must be a game player- should be able to talk about and deconstruct other current games’ audio quality and implementation.
Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Musical composition or production experience.
Programming or scripting (Python, Lua) experience.
VO recording and mastering skills.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge – and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical – we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Company: Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
Location: Nottingham, UK
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios is looking for a Lead Audio Designer to join and help give direction to our Audio team as they work on the next instalment in the Dead Island franchise.
You will play a pivotal role within our Audio team as you will help shape the identity of the IP whilst providing ad-hoc mentorship and guidance to other Designers where needed.
This is a great opportunity for a Lead Audio Designer to work on a world-renowned franchise or for an experienced Audio Designer looking to step up in their role.
What You Will Be Doing
- Realising the impact of the targets set by the Production team in terms of workload and resources when designing the scope and deliverables or processing project changes and implement problem-solving strategies for the team whenever necessary.
- Understanding the game’s technical and artistic constraints and important aspects (story, gameplay, vision) to help guide the team.
- Providing visibility for the team on the progress of the deliverables (planned and actual deliverables) and implementing solutions to avoid gaps.
- Communicating general project information to update members on the progress of the game and other working units and ensuring that relevant information is relayed to the immediate supervisor.
- Taking ownership of specific pieces of content and providing adhoc instruction to others
- Understanding and following style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game
- Working as part of a team to produce a single goal
- Accepting and following direction and receiving always constructive criticism
- Completing all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistently high standard
- Demonstrating a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Preferably at least one published AAA game title in an Audio Leadership role
- A track record of working on AAA game projects
- Leadership skills with the ability to delegate
- Project management knowledge
- Music literate
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Hansoft, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of Reaper, Nuendo or Pro Tools
- Solid communication skills and the ability to work well within a large team and with other senior level stakeholders
- A willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills; and also help other team members to do the same
- Knowledge of game engines
- Audiokinetic Wwise
- Unreal Engine and Blueprints
Aside from the opportunity to work on the highly anticipated, next instalment of the AAA Dead Island franchise, we are a studio that offers a host of benefits and perks.
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.
Company: EA Montréal
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
L’équipe EA Create Audio est une équipe primée de création de contenu audio pour de nombreux titres de EA STUDIOS, axée sur l’union de talents créatifs et d’expertise technique pour proposer un contenu audio à l’avant-garde de l’industrie. De nombreux projets captivants sont en cours, en plus du contenu audio révolutionnaire que nous produisons pour les produits intrajeux de multiples studios.L’équipe EA Create Audio du studio Motive de Montréal, Canada est à la recherche d’un artiste audio senior à temps plein pour diriger le volet voix hors champ/dialogue et contribuer à l’aspect créatif de nos prochaines PI. Motive est un nouveau studio créatif, dirigé par une équipe de vétérans de l’industrie, incubateur de projets extraordinaires visant à redéfinir les jeux d’action et à proposer des jeux novateurs de qualité supérieure.RÔLE ET RESPONSABILITÉS
Le candidat retenu travaillera au sein de l’équipe audio et collaborera à tous les autres aspects du développement de jeu (p. ex., narration, art, animation, ingénierie, conception, production marketing) pour rehausser les normes de qualité de la voix hors champ des jeux. Le candidat idéal doit démontrer une passion pour les jeux vidéo, ainsi qu’une volonté extraordinaire de créer une expérience audio de renommée mondiale. Les responsabilités du poste, en collaboration avec d’autres, incluent notamment :
- Superviser la qualité finale de tous les dialogues du jeu
- Collaborer à la conception de systèmes de narration novateurs
- Participer à la planification et au budget relatifs aux acteurs et aux séances d’enregistrement
- Définir les éléments livrables et s’approprier le calendrier de livraison
- Contribuer à l’enregistrement des dialogues, du Walla aux personnages principaux
- Soumettre la voix hors champ finale égalisée et masterisée au plus tard à l’échéance requise
- Participer à la définition et à la mise en œuvre du processus de traitement du dialogue
- Mettre en œuvre et mettre au point le dialogue contextuel et lié au récit
- Tirer le meilleur des membres de l’équipe et renforcer la communauté audio au sein de EA
- Créer une bonne relation avec l’équipe de développement de jeu et faire valoir la place de l’audio
- Collaborer et communiquer avec divers studios partout dans le monde
- Sept ans d’expérience en audio de jeu, pour la voix hors champ d’au moins trois jeux AAA pour console publiés
- Expertise de l’édition de dialogue, avec expérience de création de chaînes de matriçage et de processus de traitement par lots, et capacité de gérer de vastes bibliothèques de contenu
- Expérience du remplacement de dialogue automatique (ADR), de la direction d’acteurs ou de la localisation
- Expérience générale d’utilisation des outils, technologies ou pipelines de développement de jeu
- Expérience des logiciels de base de données (MS Access de préférence) et MS Excel
- Excellentes compétences logiques et de script
- Fortes sensibilités artistiques, créatives et de mixage
- Excellentes aptitudes à communiquer
- Personne automotivée et joueur d’équipe.
Nous adorons vanter les avantages que nous offrons comme des régimes d’assurance-maladie et d’avantages sociaux complets, le remboursement des frais de cours, un régime d’épargne-retraite avec cotisation équivalente et, bien sûr, des jeux vidéo gratuits. Nous savons que pour créer des jeux de renommée mondiale, il nous faut des talents de renommée mondiale. C’est pourquoi nous offrons une rémunération concurrentielle ainsi qu’une culture basée sur la créativité et l’individualité. Chez EA, nous incarnons le modèle « travail-loisir » chaque jour.
Pour en savoir plus sur notre emplacement : http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/montreal
Les studios Motive vous offrent les moyens et l’occasion. Venez découvrir ce dont vous êtes capable!
SAA1 (Senior Audio Artist 1) – VO/Speech
EA Create Audio is an award-winning team creating audio content for numerous titles within EA STUDIOS and focused on uniting creative talents and technical expertise to drive industry leading audio. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
The EA Create Audio team has a full-time Senior Audio Artist opportunity to lead VO/Speech at our Motive studio in Montreal, Canada and creatively contribute to our future IPs. Motive is a new creative-driven studio led by a team of industry veterans incubating some amazing projects aimed at redefining action games and bringing the highest quality innovative games to players.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This candidate will work within the Audio team and collaborate with all other aspects of game development (e.g. Narrative, Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game VO.The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. In collaboration with others, your responsibilities may include:
- Overseeing the final quality for all speech in the game.
- Collaboration in the design of innovative narrative systems.
- Help with scheduling and budgeting actors and sessions.
- Defining deliverables and owning the delivery schedule.
- Help with recording speech, from walla to the main characters.
- Submitting final EQ’d and mastered game VO on or before required deadlines.
- Helping define and implement dialogue processing workflows.
- Implementation and tuning of contextual and story based speech.
- Bringing out the best in your team members and building a stronger audio community within EA.
- Building a good rapport with the game dev team and advocating for audio.
- Collaborating and communicating with multiple studios across the world.
- Seven years game audio experience, working on VO for at least three shipped AAA console titles.
- Expert dialogue editor, with experience creating dialogue mastering chains and batch processing workflows and ability to manage vast libraries of content.
- Experience in ADR, Voice Direction and/or Localization.
- Broad experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines.
- Experienced with database software (MS Access preferred) and MS Excel.
- Strong logic/scripting skills.
- Strong artistic, creative, and mixing sensibilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated and works well as part of a team.
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/montreal
Motive Studios has the Means and Opportunity. Come see what you can do!
Company: Probably Monsters
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.THE ROLE
Our studio is looking for a Senior Sound Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Sound Designer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing world-class sound effects, helping our Audio Director and Game Director achieve their creative vision.WHO YOU ARE
- You are an exceptional sound designer that has a diverse portfolio of outstanding content.
- You have a refined audio aesthetic with a keen ear for detail and nuance.
- You strive to advance the art and science of game audio, taking audio experiences to the next level for gamers while finding ways to improve the workflow and pipeline for the audio team.
- You are both creative and technical, understanding that implementation and mixing play a crucial role in the overall quality of the audio experience.
- You are a team player who can collaborate across disciplines but can also work semi-autonomously with minimal supervision.
- You are passionate about gaming and strive to create amazing audio experiences for gamers.
- Designing and implementing sounds for cinematics and/or interactive content.
- Meeting with the Audio Director and/or Game Director to review your most recent work.
- Playtesting the game for both audio QA purposes and to give notes on the game as a whole.
- Working with a Gameplay Designer to make sure your sounds are supporting gameplay mechanics and feedback.
- Collaborating with both the Audio Programmer and the Audio Director to develop and refine our in-game audio systems and implementation pipeline.
- Field or foley recording to augment our proprietary SFX library.
- You have a proven ability to create visceral and immersive audio experiences in games.
- You have a deep knowledge of game audio implementation tools and technologies.
- You have significant field and studio recording experience.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional sound design experience in linear and/or interactive entertainment.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.