We came across interesting new jobs at Meow Wolf, The Post Lounge, PlayStation, and Apple – and they’re looking for a Junior Sound Technologist (NM, US), Supervising Sound Editor (QLD, Australia), Dialog Coordinator (CA, US), and Audio DSP Firmware Engineer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Note Tracker at Ubisoft (Rocksmith) (CA, US), Manager of Acoustic Sound Engineering at Harmon (South Korea), Voice Designer at Ubisoft (Germany), Sound Designer at Supermasive Games (England), Temporary Assistant Producer at Netherrealm (IL, US), Applications Engineer – Audio DSP at Extron (CA, US), Intermediate Sound Designer at Digital Extremes (ON, Canada), and Audio Editor at e2f (Sweden).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Coordinator, TV Music Production at Paramount Pictures (LA, CA, US), Coordinator, Music and Media Licensing & Operations at Viacom (NY, US), and a Voice Over Designer Intern, and Technical Sound Designer at DICE (Sweden). Happy job hunting!
Company: Meow Wolf
Location: Santa Fe, NM, US
The Junior Sound Technologist works with the Sound Team to provide the creative and technical capacity to do sound and music that exhibits signs of life and moves in response to humans. In addition to utilizing traditional sound design and music composition techniques, the Sound Technologist researches and develops ways to expand the behavior of sound in Meow Wolf experiences. They do this by creating, acquiring, repurposing, and combining all kinds of technology–from computers, sensors, and microcontrollers to microphones, analog electronics, and loudspeaker arrays.Essential Responsibilities
- Install, test, and debug sound software and hardware in exhibitions
- Develop creative sound tools for use by sound designers, composers, and other artists
- Develop hardware and software systems for sound generation and processing
- Create interactive sound experiences alongside sound designers, composers, technologists, and artists
- Research and apply sound spatialization techniques
- Research and apply techniques for generative, interactive music
- Research and apply techniques for procedural sound in the digital, analog, and acoustic realms
- Document and tutorialize work with flowcharts, wiring diagrams, and instructional documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in music technology, engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience in audio technology
- Proficiency with Max/MSP
- Proficiency working with microcontrollers, sensors, and actuators
- Interest in generative music and procedural sound
- Experience designing Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and circuit design
- Working knowledge of audio DSP
- Experience as a sound designer or music composer
- Experience with interactive audio systems (Max, Reaktor, Pure Data, SuperCollider, etc)
- Working knowledge of acoustics
- Familiarity with microphones and mic-ing techniques
- Familiarity with speaker arrays and spatialization techniques
- Proficiency playing a musical instrument
Company: The Post Lounge
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
The Post Lounge is looking for a Supervising Sound Editor to join our team in a full time senior position in our Brisbane (QLD) facility, overseeing the sound design on our narrative and factual feature films and television series, in both a project management capacity and also hands on, on the tools. You will report to our post producers and upper management to ensure the smooth running of our sound department.
You will be responsible for building the team of sound practitioners for each project, from effects and dialogue edit, to foley, ADR and final mix. We would expect you to have established, hands on skills in all of these areas also.
At a minimum you will need to have 8 years of demonstrable experience in this role across narrative features that have delivered to an international standard.
We are open to discussing different employment structures for the right person – whether that’s simply full time employment, business partnership or profit share – we are happy to discuss options to ensure the position is mutually beneficial. We are looking for an immediate start, or open to negotiation for the right applicant.Requirements
- Have at least 8 years experience working at a senior level delivering stellar soundtracks for international projects
- You will have an established client base and reputation for taking soundtracks to the next level – clients seek you out for your work
- Back-to-front knowledge of Pro Tools and associated hardware, plugins etc
- Experience fitting out and calibrating sound rooms to ensure technical specifications are adhered to
- You will be hands-on sound editing/designing as well as managing the team
- You will have a vast network of talented sound contractors to build the right team for each project
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised
- Strong work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive nature
The Post Lounge is a full service, post-production company with studios in Woolloongabba, Queensland and Collingwood in Victoria. Founded over forty years ago, TPL specialises in post production picture and sound for feature films and broadcast/SVOD series as well as short form films, commercials and branded content. Recent projects include Netflix’s Hannah Gadsby’s Nanette, the ABC Studios/Disney series Reef Break and the Stan feature film The Second. TPL also has a VFX partner company, Resin, and a wholly-owned development and production arm, Orange Entertainment Co.
The Post Lounge is run by Kurt Royan – a picture editor who started at the company 13 years ago, before working his way through online, motion graphics and visual effects, to General Manager and now sole owner. Kurt understands the challenges of the industry from the inside out.Expectations at The Post Lounge
We have a high performance culture at TPL, and expect you to be of the same ilk. Working in a subjective, deadline driven industry means that occasionally we have to work into the night to get things done. We always deliver – no matter what – and always to the highest of standards, that exceed the expectations of our colleagues, managers, clients and wider industry.Why work at The Post Lounge
In return for your commitment and hard work ethic, TPL provides a safe, fun and engaging workplace that pushes creative limits while helping employees reach professional goals while being mindful of a work-life balance.
Our mantra is simple – the best way to build a sustainable, innovative company is to start with the best creative people who want to be part of a like-minded team and create work to be proud of.
For this reason TPL offers various staff benefits including flexible work hours and working arrangements where possible, movie tickets, health classes and professional development and training opportunities. The atmosphere at both its studios is fast paced and collaborative with the team striving to create great work that represents both the company and their own talents.
We are also an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. The company currently maintains a 50-50 gender split and is actively working to continually diversify the cultural backgrounds and ability levels of its staff.
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Passionate about gaming, dialog and sound? Then come work with the award winning teams that have developed Death Stranding, God of War and Spider-Man. We are looking for a Dialog Coordinator to join Sony Interactive Entertainment Sound Team to help us create and manage high quality dialog content for 1st party product development projects.
- You will work with the dialog supervisor to support the needs of the project.
- Prepare materials and help track recording sessions.
- Manage dialog assets for post-production, outsourcing and localization.
- Implement dialog assets into the game engine and dialog databases.
- Update and fix bugs/issues using tracking software such as JIRA or DevTrack.
- Edit & mastering of both cinematics and in-game dialog assets.
- Direct working knowledge of audio production, recording, editing and mastering.
- Knowledge of professional audio editing tools like (but not limited to) Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Reaper, Waves Plugins, iZotope RX, etc.
- A problem-solver and team player with strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and database entry.
- Relevant accredited education in the field of audio \ sound design \ television \ broadcasting \ game design.
- Knowledge or familiarity with commercially available sound middleware and/or internal/proprietary game development tools such as Wwise, Maya, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Knowledge of Pro Tools templates and session set up for recording and mixing in various formats.
- Experience recording and editing dialog for video games \ commercials \ animation \ audio books \ podcasts.
- Client-facing experience with actors, producers, or directors.
- Has worked or shipped 1 AAA title or multiple indie titles.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Location: Culver City, CA, US
This position can be located in Culver City or Cupertino, Ca.
The IMG Audio team is seeking a highly motivated engineer to join our DSP Engineering team. In this role, you will develop audio software/firmware to improve performance and add features to our next generation of Apple products. You will work with closely with hardware, algorithm, application and QA team members to integrate solutions into products. We’re looking for someone with cross-sectional background of implementation, optimization, and algorithm development.
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. The work done in IMG Audio directly impacts the end user experience through high profile features such as Telephony, FaceTime, Siri, media playback, and audio/video capture.
- 5+ years experience in embedded audio platforms
- Excellent C/C++ coding skills
- Optimizing code for programmable DSP’s
- Bringing up audio hardware and prototyping systems
- Deep understanding of DSP fundamentals, preferably in telephony or music
- Ability to work with a variety of teams or independently as needed
Education & Experience • BS/MS in CS or EE