We came across interesting new jobs at Schell Games, Improbable, Ubisoft Montpellier, and Tencent/TiMi Studios – and they’re looking for a Senior Audio Developer (PA, US), Audio Director (AB, Canada), Senior Sound Designer (France), and Audio Director (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer/Mixer at Brave New Films (CA, US), Technical Sound Designer at Ubisoft Montpellier (France), Audio Producer at Washington Post (DC, US), Podcast Producer at CGTN America (DC, US), Freelance Podcast Producer at VICE Media (NY, US), Audio Editor at Phuturephuture (England), Senior Audio Producer at POLITICO (VA, US), and Podcast Producer at StoryBrand (TN, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Dialogue Supervisor at Playstation (England), Audio Designer at TrailerFarm (Remote), Senior Sound Designer at Massive Entertainment (Sweden),
Sound Designer at BYJU’S (KA, India), and Post Production Mix Engineer at BYJU’S (KA, India). Happy job hunting!
Company: Schell Games
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We’re the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we’ve worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire? >If you answered “YES!” to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!AUDIO DEVELOPER POSITION
Our artists honor the unique aesthetic vision of each project and work to make all aspects of the experience beautiful. The team is comprised of 2D/conceptual artists, 3D modelers, technical and effects artists, audio designers and animators. We are seeking a talented Audio Developer to work on projects ranging from online worlds and handheld games to virtual reality experiences and themed interactive attractions.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to handle both technical and artistic issues during game development, as well as be able to work quickly in a team atmosphere with schedules and reliable milestone delivery. Applicant must be capable in audio design, SFX, VO recording and cleanup, and musical composition. While not a composition-specific role, that may be a part of the role responsibilities on a project-to-project basis. Good organizational skills and scheduling abilities are critical.
The applicant will be working on a variety of projects in-house, previous experience working with game engines such as Unity and Unreal are a plus. Ability to work with a DAW is required, as is some experience with other programs such as FMOD or Wwise. We’re looking for someone excited about cross-disciplined collaboration and making great games with us!
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Audio design
- VO recording and cleanup
- Occasional musical composition
- Experience designing for various hardware systems and organizing signal flow
- Audio integration via middleware
- Meaningfully contributing to decisions and maintaining audio development best practices
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience with a successful track record as an Audio Developer
- Portfolio/Reel of work must be available for review
- Expert knowledge of a DAW such as Logic, Reaper, or ProTools
- Wwise, FMOD, or other similar audio tools
- Ability to work in a broad range of audio styles and medium
- Knowledge of Ambisonic audio and contemporary VR mixing practices
- BFA preferred
Candidate selected for this position will be subject to standard employment verification and criminal background check upon offer of contingent employment.
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.Your Mission
as an inspirational, discipline expert and leader in the field of computer game audio development, is to drive the audio team forward as a single unit as the Audio Director.Areas for Impact
The audio in our games will change player experience like nothing else – it is critical that we get this right through your work to:
- Establish and document the technical and artistic audio vision based on the creative direction
- Define and communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed
- Define and own the delivery plan for audio within the game in line with the project milestones.
- Lead the team to create consistent, high quality video game audio in industry standard timelines through consistent and constructive critique.
- Identify technical audio needs for the project and communicate them to the audio engineer
- Define the musical direction and the process to select composers, in collaboration with the creative director of the project
- Design and implement audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with programmers and technical directors to ensure proper integration
- Define and instigate best practices for the audio team as it pertains to game audio development
- Coach and mentor team members to encourage their artistic and technical development so that they progress in their careers
- Coordinate specific audio recording sessions to meet project needs, in collaboration with the project creative director
- Bachelor’s degree in music or audio or professional training in audio
- Computer science training a benefit
- At least eight years’ experience in audio production for video games
- Experience working on at least 3 AAA titles in a senior capacity
- Film or TV post-production experience a benefit
- Ability to communicate a vision
- Good communication skills
- Organization skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Company: Ubisoft Montpellier
Location: Montpellier, France
Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to moments of surprise, fun and adventure that also allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and evolve with passionate and pioneering teams, all over the world. You will evolve in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will fascinate our players.
We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer (M/F) for our Montpellier studio to join the Audio team and join the production of our current projects.
Les équipes d’Ubisoft sont animées par leur volonté d’enrichir la vie des joueurs avec des expériences de divertissement originales et mémorables. Elles donnent vie à des mondes, de véritables terrains de jeux où l’imagination peut s’exprimer librement, donnant naissance à des moments de surprise, de fun et d’aventure qui permettent aussi au joueur d’apprendre et se découvrir.
Chez Ubisoft, vous avez l’opportunité de collaborer et d’évoluer avec des équipes passionnées et pionnières dans leur domaine, partout dans le monde. Vous progresserez dans un environnement bienveillant et inspirant dans lequel vous repousserez les limites de l’imaginaire et de la technologie pour créer les mondes qui passionneront nos joueurs.
Les équipes d’Ubisoft sont animées par leur volonté d’enrichir la vie des joueurs avec des expériences de divertissement originales et mémorables.
Nous recherchons pour notre studio de Montpellier un(e) Senior Sound Designer (H/F) pour intégrer l’équipe Audio et rejoindre la production de nos projets en cours.Job Description
Under the responsibility of the Audio Director your missions will be :
- Create interactive sound designs in line with the artistic and audio technical direction
- Conceive sounds meeting the needs of the designs and respecting the project guidelines
- Carry out the sound post-production on cinematics or videos and the mix
- Make sound and voice recording in a studio or outdoors, clean the assets and ensure mastering.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the studios and sound equipment by respecting the operating instructions and participating in their improvement
- May be required to design and create a complete sound environment for a specific mandate
- May have to edit music
- Participate in the research of tools or audio systems
- Help establish audio guidelines and pipelines
- Collaborate in optimizing the workflow between audio middleware (Wwise) and the project engine to ensure the integration of new functionalities.
- Communicate and provide documentation for new tools and functionalities / knowledge (how, step by step …) for co-dev teams and other projects.
- Have the legitimacy to take charge of DT subjects if there is no audio DT on the project and be a referent to other technical professions on the project (Tech art, DT LD, etc.)
- Ensure audio integration and optimization with other trades
- Debug the audio features
- Help and train newcomers
Sous la responsabilité du Directeur Audio vos missions seront :
- Réaliser des designs sonores interactifs en phase avec la direction artistique et technique audio
- Concevoir des sons répondant aux besoins des designs et respectant les guidelines du projet
- Réaliser la post-production sonore sur des cinématiques ou des vidéos et le mixage
- Réaliser des enregistrements sonores et de voix en studio et en extérieur, cleaner les assets et assurer le mastering.
- Assurer le bon fonctionnement des studios et des équipements sons en respectant les consignes d’utilisation et en participant à leur amélioration
- Peut être amené(e) à concevoir et réaliser un environnement sonore complet pour un mandat précis
- Peut être amené(e) à éditer de la musique
- Participer à la recherche d’outils ou de systèmes audio
- Aider à établir des lignes directrices et des pipelines audio
- Collaborer à l’optimisation du flux de travail entre les middlewares audio (Wwise) et le moteur du projet pour assurer l’intégration de nouvelles fonctionnalités.
- Communiquer et fournir des documentations de nouveaux outils et fonctionnalités / connaissances (comment, étape par étape …) pour co-dév équipes et d’autres projets.
- Avoir la légitimité de prendre en charge les sujets DT si aucun DT audio sur le projet et être un référent à d’autres métiers techniques sur le projet (Tech art, DT LD, etc.)
- Assurer l’intégration et l’optimisation audio avec d’autres corps de métiers
- Débuguer les fonctionnalités audios
- Aider et former les nouveaux arrivants
- It’s mandatory to have at least 5 years of experience as a Sound Designer in the video games production and ideally on at least one AAA game
or a minimum of 10 years of audio editing for audio-visual production and some notions of interactive sound (which you develop)Mastery of tools / software specialized in Audio (Protools, Reaper, Soundminer ou Soundly, Wwise…)
- Be proactive regarding new techniques and trends
- Define the technical specifications in collaboration with the audio director
- Be a source of proposals regarding existing tools and systems
- Have knowledge of audio mixing
- Proficiency in Excel
- Be passionate
- Artistic sensitivity
- Technical sensitivity
- Know how to adapt to your different interlocutors
- Enjoy teamwork
- Available and attentive to expectations
- Good level of English
- Vous avez au minimum 5 ans d’expériences en tant que Sound Designer pour la production de jeux vidéo et idéalement sur au moins un jeu AAA
- ou bien d’un minimum de 10 ans de montage audio pour la production audio-visuelle et quelques notions du son interactif (que vous développez)Maîtrise des outils/logiciels spécialisés en Audio (Protools, Reaper, Soundminer ou Soundly, Wwise…)
- Être pro-actif concernant les nouvelles techniques et tendances
- Définir les spécifications techniques en collaboration avec le directeur audio
- Être force de proposition concernant les outils et systèmes existants
- Avoir des connaissances en mix audio
- Maîtrise d’Excel
- Être passionné(e)
- Sensibilité artistique
- Sensibilité technique
- Savoir s’adapter à ses différents interlocuteurs
- Aimer le travail en équipe
- Disponible et à l’écoute des attentes
- Bon niveau d’anglais
As an employer, Ubisoft offers everyone the same access to employment regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability and age. Ubisoft strives to develop an inclusive working environment that reflects the diversity of its community of players in its teams.
All information will be processed confidentially in accordance with the employment equity Law.
En tant qu’employeur, Ubisoft offre à tous les mêmes opportunités d’accès à l’emploi sans distinction de genre, ethnicité, religion, orientation sexuelle, statut social, handicap et d’âge. Ubisoft veille à développer un environnement de travail inclusif qui reflète la diversité de sa communauté de joueurs dans ses équipes.
Toute information sera traitée de manière confidentielle conformément à la Loi sur l’équité en matière d’emploi.
Company: Tencent/TiMi Studios
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Location: Los Angeles or Seattle
Award-winning TiMi Studios seeks an Audio Director with a vision for sound who can really help us build a new world-class IP from concept to market!
Are you ready to create something groundbreaking, genre-defining and fun for years to come? Do you have an insatiable passion for video games and creating new ways for players to be engaged? We here at TiMi Studios are looking for a phenomenal lead producer who shares our love for our medium. Come channel your energy into making an exceptionally fun experience and defining the great studio culture necessary to inspire minds to develop great video games.
• Start with a player first mentality, embedding an obsessive drive to know, understand, and serve the players who are engaged with the game
• Work with the team to develop and manage a vision of sound and music, and a production plan capable of delivering upon the promise of the game
• Keep up-to-date with the bleeding edge of audio trends within video game development and evangelize ideas that will innovate both the player experience and the creative development of the product
• Participate in the hiring of the audio discipline
• Responsible for the career growth and mentorship of the audio discipline on the project
• Act as the key art contact for the studio, representing the project and team to all external partners and stakeholders
• Define and uphold audio principles to ensure the sound and music direction of the game is cohesive, inspiring, and with distinct style
• Work side-by-side with all directors and leads to take a multi-discipline approach to creativity and problem solving
• Proactively identify opportunities and risks to improve the work of the team, the quality of the project, and studio knowledge as a whole
• Have a cross platform mindset up front and ensure that the art of the game is capable of supporting an experience that can work seamlessly on different systems and form factors
• Ensure that the audio direction of the game starts with a Live product foundation, capable of regular updates and malleable to key changes if necessary
• A portfolio of visionary, inspiring, industry-leading audio work that demonstrates your audio direction and capacity to execute on it within a game
• At least eight years of professional AAA game development experience
• At least two projects shipped in a leadership position
• At least one AAA action title shipped
• At least one product shipped during the current generation of games (PS4/XBOX ONE)
• Demonstrable, outstanding management and communication capabilities
• Proven ability to define and manage the sound direction and roadmap for very large scale projects
• A team player who knows how to get the best out of everyone on the project and not just within art
• Experience creating assets in and shipping a game using Unreal Engine 4 a plus
What is in it for you?
- Create high quality games backed by unlimited resources: You will be working to bring incredible game ideas to market, and you will never run out of resources at your disposal. You will be supported completely to bring next-gen experience live to players around the world!
- Make a major impact at a global studio: You will be working on a key initiative at TiMi Studio, building games that are hits not just in the east or west, but globally. The impact of your efforts will ripple not just through the whole studio group (2,500+ employees) but will serve as a blueprint for the entire gaming industry.