We came across interesting new jobs at Striking Distance/PUBG San Ramon, Ubisoft Québec, Archiact, and Team6 – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer (CA, US), Voice Designer (QC, Canada), Audio Designer (BC, Canada), and Sound Designer (Netherlands).
We also found openings for a Development Support – Audio at Rockstar India (KA, India), Sound Editor at Drivetime (Remote), Head of Audio Research at iZotope (CA, US), Senior Audio Engineer at Infinity Ward (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Sledgehammer Games (CA, US), Audio Engineer at Gimlet Media (NY, US), Sound Engineer at Cut.com (WA, US), and Audio Design Enigineer at Client Server – Recruiter (Remote).
Company: Striking Distance/PUBG San Ramon
Location: San Ramon, CA
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Engage in the prototyping of game mechanics, proof of concept and experimenting of features in engine and offline via linear sound design and interactive audio environments.
- Design next level audio content with foresight of implementation methodology for said content.
- Author, premix, and integrate audio assets within engine via WWISE and other audio middleware.
- Work within UE4 engine to further integrate authored and designed material.
- Work closely with various teams to achieve audio excellence across all disciplines.
- Engage with Audio Engineers to help refine \ align best practices with the aim of ultimately enhancing the product.
- Collaborate with Audio Director to execute and deliver upon audio feature sets, goals and ensure defined aesthetic is met throughout production.
- Engage in the planning and execution of complex recording sessions both in the field and on stage.
- Occasionally man or direct booth sessions if \ as needed.
- Edit, mix, and master audio materials.
- Excellent Sound Design aesthetic with a keen ear for detail. Capable of delivering on multiple styles and capacities.
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game audio.
- A minimum of two AAA titles shipped as Sound Designer
- WWISE and game scripting experience.
- Field and studio recording experience.
- Experienced in UE4 and scripting.
- Masterful within Pro Tools.
- Experienced with most industry standard plugin and toolsets (Waves, Izotope, etc…)
- Solid grasp of broadcast and mix specifications.
Company: Ubisoft Québec
Location: Québec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.Job Description
The Voice designer will implement the artistic vision and technical and organizational content pertaining to the voices/dialogues at all game production phases (design, prototype, create, support and implement).Responsibilities
- Understand the vision and score of the project to design a voice system and related features (or adapt existing material). The system must also be designed to support and reinforce other design aspects (game/level/sound design);
- Create a voice integration pipeline (or modify an existing pipeline) that is in line with the project vision and inform the units that work with voices (scriptwriters, animators, localisation, etc.). Adapt the pipeline and tools used based on project modifications and the needs of the other design teams (game/level/sound design) by collaborating with the programming and OASIS (TG) teams;
- Organize and share data (Mocap and studio recordings, automatic dialogue replacements, temporary robotic voices, etc.) to facilitate voice integration by other working units;
- Give effect to the impact of the voice requests when defining the project objectives as well as in terms of costs and resources and make recommendations based on the project vision;
- Share the document with the programming team to modify tools (game engine, oasis) and add features in the sound engine;
- Assign tasks to sound programmers in collaboration with the GPPM to create specific voice/dialogue tools;
- Contribute to casting with the scriptwriter and creative director to select the best actors for the game;
- Lead voice/dialogue integration in the game and supervise voice/dialogue integrators in these tasks and related tasks;
- Help prepare and set out the voice content of the mocap sessions;
- Define and carry out voice processing whenever effects are required (e.g. fantasy game);
- Validate the voice/dialogue recording sessions with the sound engineer and voice director;
- Take part in voice recordings by providing input to the voice director on dialogue recordings by ensuring that the intonations, intentions and projections are credible in light of the script;
- Help plan voice/dialogue production and follow up on these elements throughout the production process in collaboration with the production manager/associate producer;
- Support localisation by sharing knowledge on the voice systems and their features to provide information on the work to be carried out and follow up on changes to ensure that all elements are in line with the project and expected deliverables;
- Ensure that voice/dialogue mixing meets reference standards;
- Establish the voice/dialogue test plans with the QA team;
- Play an active role in debugging and ensure the quality of the final product;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- College diploma in computer science or equivalent; li>3-5 years’ professional experience in Scripting, in audio and/or game design; li>Voice/dialogue production experience in film or television as a voice director/technician.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to quickly learn new software;
- Ability to direct voice recording sessions;
- Bilingualism (French-English) (An asset)
- Extensive scripting, post-production and voice production knowledge;
- Basic audio equipment knowledge;
- Basic knowledge of Pro Tools;
- Knowledge of voice and voice history in video games and experience in the field a major asset;
- Knowledge of current engines an asset;
- Knowledge of programming languages an asset.
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Archiact Interactive is a full-service immersive reality studio creating the highest quality content with the industry’s most exciting partners. Located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, we’re changing the world of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) game development. Our most recent titles include the award-nominated PC VR adventure FREEDIVER: Triton Down, and MARVEL Dimension of Heroes, a smartphone-powered Super Hero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR.
At Archiact, diversity is one of our core values developed and driven by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone.
We are looking for a versatile Intermediate to Senior Audio Designer with strong technical skills and some programming experience, who enjoys working in an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR/AR projects to life.About you:
You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative iterative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Own, optimize and refine current audio pipelines within our studio development structure.
- Identify, document and apply best practices for technical audio workflows
- Represent the audio discipline in project estimates, planning and defining deliverables.
- Implement audio assets and integrate with existing engine middleware/backend
- Work with audio outsource partners in audio creation, implementation and the audio pipeline.
- Champion and troubleshoot audio tools, features, and functionality.
- Provide technical support for creative and technical problems involving audio.
- Play VR games regularly and continually identify opportunities and innovations in spatial audio design.
- Experience with and a deep understanding of audio within a game design capacity.
- Experience with and a deep understanding of audio implementation within game engines (Unreal Engine is a bonus).
- An academic background in audio design, theory and implementation.
- Experience with implementing audio content for a game project from concept to release.
- Experience with visual scripting languages.
- Ability to work well with all departments and negotiate and implement feedback.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks / projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter attitude with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Current and relevant experience in VR and spatial audio development.
Company: Apex Systems
Location: Assen, Netherlands
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a Sound Designer that is highly motivated to work on our games together with the existing team of professionals. As a sound designer you will be the one who is responsible for the conceptualizing, designing, testing, editing and implementation of (game-ready) sound effects and other audio that’s needed for our projects on different platforms. You will be working on multiple projects, collaborate with our different teams while taking part in the initial design and the actual technical considerations of implementing the sounds and other audio.REQUIRED SKILLS:
- A degree in sound or Audio Design, Audio Engineering or an equivalent education/experience
- +1 year of experience within the game industry while acting as a Sound Designer
- Solid understanding of audio and sound related elements, assets, processes, specific needs and technical requirements for a project
- Solid understanding regarding mastering audio mixes depending on target platform specifications
- Able to clearly communicate your creative process of decision making when it comes to sound design and knowing how to transfer the importance of sound in the overall game experience to other disciplines
- Able to create, improve and export audio assets and implement them through a game engine editor (Unreal or Unity) whilst keeping an eye on the overall quality, game experience and performance
- Able to create and work on prototypes for audio
- Experience with investigating sound effect issues, tracking audio related bugs and fixing them
- Able to give correct estimations when it comes to audio schedule creation and able to set up a process and pipeline to ensure deadlines will be met
- Able to propagate learned knowledge to other art team members team and gain knowledge by receiving and understanding given feedback
- Able to work with limited direction and supervision
- Able to recognize potential pitfalls and solve these with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Knowledge of audio scripting for in-game audio features
- Experience with a variety of audio plugins is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with racing games is a plus
- Passionate about the newest techniques when it comes to sound designing
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”).
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to email@example.com.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!