We came across interesting new jobs at Triotech, Gearbox, The Initiative, and Facebook – and they’re looking for a Junior Composer (QC, Canada), Audio Programmer (TX, US), Lead Audio Designer (CA, US), and Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Internship at Detriot Free Press (MI, US), Technical Sound Designer at Hi-Rez Studios (GA, US), Sound Designer at EA (CA, US), Program Manager – Twitch Music at Twitch (CA, US), Software QA Tester at Audiokinetic (QC, Canada), Sr Audio Driver Engineer at Apple (CA, US), Sound Designer at Company One Theatre (MA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Paid Audio Internship at Insomniac (CA, US), Sound Designer and Sound Recordist at Propulsion (Serbia & Bosnia), Dialogue Supervisor, Audio Designer and Senior Audio Designer at Playground Games (England), Senior Composer at Blizzard (CA, US), Course Director in Game Audio Production at Full Sail University (FL, US). Happy job hunting!
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Pour en savoir davantage sur nous, les nombreux prix que nous avons gagnés, nos produits et les millions de gens qui vivent l’expérience TRIOTECH à travers le monde chaque année, c’est par ici : http://www.trio-tech.com/
About us: Market leader of out-of-home multi-sensory interactive attractions. We are creators of fun. We bring fun to the next level, and we have hyperactive R&D and creative teams always pushing the envelope. We’re looking for real players to join our team. We always do things differently, and we aren’t stopping anytime soon. Create with us! Here is a glimpse of a day here: https://vimeo.com/252713297
To find out more about us, the many prizes awarded, our product and the millions of people who experience TRIOTECH around the world every year, it’s here: http://www.trio-tech.com/
Responsabilités – Responsabilities
- Composer la musique des projets en suivant une direction audio établie par le directeur audio.
- Créer des trames audios de qualité (Effets sonores et voix) pour les projets. (Films, attractions interactives)
- Intégrer les sons dans les attractions via l’engin de jeu/son (Unreal, WWise).
- Faire le mixage des projets dans un environnement d’écoute sur mesure. ***
- Compose the music of the projets following the musical direction established by the Audio Director.
- Create high quality soundtracks, sound effects and voices for the projets. (XD Movies, Interactive attractions)
- Integrate the audio assets in the games (with Unreal & WWise).
- Mix the soundtrack in a custom speaker environment.
- Pouvoir composer dans plusieurs styles musicaux. (Orchestral, EDM…)
- Pouvoir produire un sound design créatif et de bon goût.
- Très grande connaissance des instruments virtuels et des plugins de mixage audio.
- Maîtrise des outils, de la technologie et des pipelines de création audio pour jeu vidéo (Unreal 4, WWise)
- Solides connaissances d’au moins un poste de travail audionumérique principal (Cubase, Sonar, Logic…)
- Excellente oreille/connaissance approfondie pour le mixage multicanaux.
- Minimum d’un an d’expérience en Post-production, soutenu par des crédits de projets.
- Esprit positif et ouverture au feedback. ***
- Being able to compose in many musical styles. (Orchestral, EDM…)
- Being able to produce a creative and tastful sound design.
- Very good knowledge of virtual instruments and audio plugins.
- Understand the tools, the technology and the pipelines of videogame creation. (Unreal 4, WWise)
- Solid knowledge of at least one Digital Audio Workstation (Cubase, Sonar, Logic…)
- Excellent ear/knowledge for muiltichannel mixing.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience, with concrete credits.
- Positive mind, open to feedback.
Looking forward meeting with you!
Location: Frisco, TX
Gearbox Entertainment is looking for a full-time, on-site Audio Programmer to join our game development team. Gearbox has a large audio team and prides itself in pushing the limits of audio technology to deliver compelling, realistic, and memorable audio experiences in its games. As Audio Programmer, you would be responsible for developing and maintaining audio technologies for our engine, building simple and powerful tools to enable the best work from our sound designers, and achieving performance and memory targets. The ideal candidate will have excellent programming skills, enthusiasm for all areas of audio, and will be excited by the opportunity to work closely with sound designers to deliver world-class gameplay experiences.
- Excellent, modern C++ and OOP skills
- Excellent debugging and profiling skills
- Strong understanding of math and digital audio concepts
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
Not required, but we will be impressed by:
- Previous experience in the video game industry, especially with shipped AAA titles
- Experience with sound synthesis, instrument design, etc.
- Familiarity with FFTs, audio convolution, the phase vocoder, etc.
- Understanding of audio filters, their design, and their uses
- A degree in computer science, digital audio, digital arts, or related areas
- Experience in sound design, music composition, or recording
- Deep understanding of the maths of acoustics
- Knowledge of music theory and form
- Unreal engine experience
- Experience with Wwise
- Familiarity and experience with version control systems, esp. Perforce
- Experience with gaming consoles
- Experience with HRTF, Ambisonics, VBAP, and/or other mixing paradigms
- Experience with MIDI, OSC, and/or other audio communication protocols
- Familiarity with dialog systems and their design
Company: The Initiative
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
The Initiative is a new first-party game studio located in Santa Monica backed by Microsoft. Our studio is about craft, creating story, innovating, and looking ahead to the next big thing.
At the Initiative, we are looking for collaborative problem solvers who want to dive into something new and create groundbreaking experiences for our players. Join us for this once in a career opportunity to help build the studio, define our culture, and create an environment to attract world-class talent.
We are looking for a Lead Audio Designer to create high quality audio content leading to immersive game experiences that push the boundaries for sound design. As a successful Lead Audio Designer, you will be able to step into a start-up environment and will come ready-equipped with the experience and tenacity to champion quality, and continuously seek opportunities to inspire, realize, and improve your craft. The ideal candidate is both an outstanding Audio Designer and a great leader – a veteran who possesses a strong understanding of Audio fundamentals, a great production sense and the creative & technical prowess to create beautiful SFX, dialouge and post production. Someone with care and empathy for the team, whose goal is to empower others and support and drive the team to achieve their best work.
- Participate in the creative direction and setting the technical and artistic charter for the project (references, competitive games, design documentation).
- Commnicate the vision to the team and partners, ensuring good visual and audio documentation.
- Partner with the Engineering team to create the proper tools for implementation of SFX, Dialogue and Post Production needs.
Help to determine the resources needed to deliver the vision.
- Guide and lead a team from an artistic and technical perspective by providing direction, feedback and coaching.
- Communicate and partner with production to ensure the team are acheiving meeting the desired quality and timelines for the project.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience working within Audio Design on large scale/budget AAA console or PC games.
- Minimum of 2 shipped titles.
- Minimum of 1+ years of direct leadership or formal career management.
- Hands on experience/knowledge of key Audio Tools, such as Pro-Tools, Sound Forge, FMOD, or WWise.
- Experience with Game Dev tools/engines such as Unreal, Unity, Perforce
- Scripting experience in Python, C# or equivalent
- Experience as a composer or musician.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with studio audio equipment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Location: Menlo Park, CA, US
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started. We are looking for an experienced sound designer and implementation expert to join our sound team at Facebook. Candidates must have a passion for sound, and a demonstrated history of innovative sound design. The role combines functional sound design thinking and execution with the drive to break new ground. Candidates must have the ability to collaborate closely with other team members and product teams, so very strong communication skills are required. Experience shipping world-class products with unique, functional and emotive sound is also required.
- Design and implement custom sound for various products and initiatives
- Collaborate closely with existing team members to create unique sonic experiences using sound and music
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment and collaborate with teams in other offices
- 3+ years of professional sound design and sound implementation experience
- Experience in sound and music production and demonstrated experience to shipping high-quality products
- High-level communication skills and attention to detail
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with game engines and audio middleware
- Experience developing positional audio for VR
- Strong grasp of music theory