We came across interesting new jobs at Wargaming, People Can Fly, Dovetail, and PlayStation – and they’re looking for an Audio Programmer (England), Sound Engineer (Poland), Audio Designer (England), and Audio Quality Assurance Tester (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Senior Software Engineer – Audio/Video (C++) at Discord (CA, US), Senior Product Analyst – Music at Twitch (CA, US), Lead Audio & Voice Signal Processing Software Engineer at Magic Leap (CA, US), UE4 FMOD and SFX Engineer at Project 172 (Remote), Senior Sound Engineer at People Can Fly (Poland), Sound Designer at ZeniMax Online Studios (MD, US), Sound Technology Specialist at Netflix (MA, India), and Acoustics Designer at All Pro Sound (FL, US).
Location: London, England
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at Wargaming UK you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.See what press are saying about our new project:
This position is based in Guildford and you will report to the Lead Audio Programmer who will also be based in Guildford.What will you do?
- Work with your Lead and the Audio Design Team to define the Audio systems for a free-to-play UE4 based multi-platform (PC and consoles) game
- Develop features yourself
- Support the Audio Design Team who may be working both locally and remotely
- 2+ years programming experience in the gaming industry working in C++
- Strong familiarity with Unreal 4 and the Wwise Unreal Integration
- Loves working in cross-disciplined feature teams
- Passionate about audio
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working with highly distributed teams
- Developing Audio for PC, as well as different console platforms
- Experience in other areas of Audio Production
- 2+ years commercial Unreal 4 development experience
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Company: People Can Fly
Location: Warsaw, Poland
We are looking for a Sound Engineer with previous games industry experience. The role also demands a substantial amount of implementation via the game’s implementation tools. All applications must include a quality show reel of original work.
Employment type: Fulltime
- Create sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate original audio. Design, create, edit, convert, implement and manage large volumes of audio content
- Knowledge of recording techniques, foley sound creation and on location recording. Ability of performing field recording and foley if needed
- Responsibility for several audio sub disciplines (e.g. Environmental audio, physics audio etc.) Creative autonomy around these areas shall be given to candidate
- Responsibility for audio output of studio, acting as an audio resource for all media that need sound work
- Production of linear audio for cinematics and promotional material
- Audio play-testing (on target platforms) and audio quality assurance. Identifying, prioritizing, reporting and resolving audio bugs/issues
- At least 2 years games industry experience
- Experience using core UE4 audio implementation solutions such as Blueprints logic; the SoundCue editor; the Sound Class and Passive Sound Mix system; the Map Editor; the Animations Editor, etc. You are comfortable editing map geometry in UE4, adding Ambient Actors, Audio Volumes, etc.
- Knowledge of middleware solutions such as Wwise
- High level of familiarity with audio software such as Reaper, Nuendo, Sound Forge, Wavelab various plugins to produce solid, cutting edge sound design.
- Experience working on X360/Xbox One/PS3/PS4 platforms.
- Working knowledge of Perforce, JIRA, Agile methodology
- Meeting production deadlines and schedules.
- Working effectively and using experience and knowledge to improve interactions between audio and other disciplines.
- This is mainly sound design position although there may be some music editing involved therefore ability to play instrument would be an additional asset.
- English and/or Polish language skills (everyone in our studio speaks English, but Polish is commonly used language)
- A competitive salary and performance–based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
Location: Gillingham, England
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Designer to join our internal Audio department. You will work alongside the Development teaminassisting todeliverthe audioexperienceforour simulationproducts.You will work closely withthe design, development and programming teamsacting as a jointgatekeeper of quality, making sure that we achievethehigh qualitybenchmark set for projects.
• Responsible for the audio content of our Fishing Franchise, working on the design and tech with the production team where necessary
• Obtain or create appropriate source material for the creation of in-game audio across multiple simulations
• Record and edit audio using commercially available tools such as Sound Forge and Logic
• Implement audio using Unreal Engine 4
• Assist in the creation of theaudio project plan, estimating tasks and prioritising backlogs
• Follow planned timeline to complete audio projects across multiple simulations
• Test and fix any problems found in the audio
• Maintain and enhance our library of sounds
• What we look for in you
• 3 years Games industry experience (ideal)
• 2 years experience using the Unreal Engine 4 audio systems, tools and blueprints, or similar coding / scripting skills
• Excellent, proventrack record on audio design and implementation
• Experience in audio recordingin Studio, Foley or Environmental situations
• Understanding of the use of audio in simulationsoftware
• We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
Location: San Diego, CA, US
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services. The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary. The duration of the assignment cannot exceed 24 months.
This is an entry level role and great for a recent grad!
Game Testers at PlayStation are responsible for finding and replicating bugs/glitches and accurately reporting them to the developers. We are specifically looking for someone to fill a role within our expanding Audio Testing Team. The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven gamer and an audio-centric person who aspires to help the Development Team work to make the best sounding game possible. We are looking for individuals that are analytical thinkers, problem solvers, have excellent management and organizational skills, and want to contribute their talents to the Audio Teams within Studios to help craft an exceptional entertainment experience.
Quality Assurance is a great way to get into the Gaming Industry and possibly grow into other positions/fields.
The Audio QA Tester is expected to support the WWS QA department in all areas including:
- Executing test plans on pre-release versions of software
- Assessing product functionality against official SIE quality standards
- Research and documenting product defects and violations
- Logging issues for development team review in concise written report formats
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure quality and accuracy in audio for games and functionality
- Utilize audio knowledge to provide feedback that will help to improve the title for the peak experience of the end user
- A strong passion for and knowledge of audio within video games
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?)
- Basic to intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality
- Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
- Flexible schedule
- An understanding of how audio functions within a video game and ability to critically think of audio issues to relay to the Development Team
- 1+ years of previous QA experience in a related field
- 4 year college degree
- Background in audio (college degree, previous field work knowledge, or just a passion for audio within video games)
SIEA has offices and creative studios in San Diego (San Diego Studios), Los Angeles (Santa Monica Studios), Aliso Viejo (Gaikai), Bend, OR (Bend Studios) and Bellevue, WA (Sucker Punch Productions). It is our immensely talented employees, who are deeply passionate about their love of gaming, which has given us the ability to empower game creators to unleash their imaginations and deliver new gaming experiences. Additionally, SIEA participates in a variety of higher education and high school based programs to help nurture young talent to fulfill their dream of working in the gaming industry.
SIEA provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SIEA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SIEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.