We came across interesting new jobs at Amazon, Splash Damage, Darwin Interactive, and Shadow Health – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (CA, US), Technical Audio Designer (England), Composer/Sound Designer (Portugal), and Technical Sound Designer (FL, US).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer, Technical Sound Designer and Lead Sound Designer at Sumo Sheffield (England), Audio Manager at Gameloft (QC, Canada), Sound Designer at Bungie (WA, US), Voice Over Designer at Hazelight (Sweden), Audio Software Engineer at Microsoft (CA, US), and Audio Systems Engineer at Facebook (WA, US).
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Have you ever dreamed of making huge creature sounds, powerful magic spells, and clashing battles with hundreds of players? What about bringing a dynamic open world to life with music and detailed ambiences?
Amazon Games Orange County is looking for a Sound Designer to build on the realistic and supernatural soundscape of New World and help forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
In this role, you will work with the Audio Lead to create top quality sound design and implementation. You’ll work highly autonomously, collaborating with designers, animators, visual effect artists, and programmers to create compelling audio experiences; leveraging your technical and creative audio skills on a unique and enthusiastic team.
Responsibilities: Design and implement high quality in-game sound effects. Test all aspects of the game audio, ensuring in-game playback is flawless. Collaborate with the production team to set clear, realistic timelines. Provide well thought-out feedback that pushes the sound of New World forward.
· 1+ shipped title.
· 1+ years’ experience in a sound designer role.
· 1+ years experience recording both in the field and in the studio.
· 1+ years experience implementing audio with middleware.
· A passion for games and the role that audio plays in storytelling and player experience.
· Experience with any commercial video game engine (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity etc.)
· Experience with Wwise.
· Scripting experience in LUA, C# or any visual scripting system.
· Massive Multiplayer Online experience a plus.
· Music editing and composition experience a plus.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company: Splash Damage
Location: Bromley, England
Come join us! We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We’re advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
As a Technical Audio Designer at Splash Damage you will be responsible for the implementation of Sound Effects, Music and Dialogue in our games. This will include simple sound effect playback and advanced systemic audio design utilizing various middleware solutions. You will work on cutting-edge audio technology, expanding audio systems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting game experiences.
You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways
- Design, implement, and debug audio systems for game development primarily using Unreal Engine 4 and Wwise.
- Bridge the gap between audio designers and programmers to be the go between of the two disciplines.
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to develop systems/tools to allow audio designers to further realize their artistic aural vision.
- Work with the development team to design cutting edge game audio tools for speech/sfx/music in innovative ways
- Adopt and improve the existing audio development process.
- Manage audio data budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimizations
- Responsible for documenting audio systems and educating the content creators in audio best practices.
- Defining and managing loudness standards.
- You must have been an Audio Designer within the games industry for 3+ years with at least 2+ complete cycle of a shipped AAA title
- Have extensive proficiency with audio middleware (Wwise, Fmod)
- Have experience with game engines including Unreal
- Proficiency with scripting using Unreal Blueprints
- Basic proficiency in C++
- Extensive knowledge of implementing audio in modern game engines
- Advanced knowledge of sound design, synthesis, & audio manipulation
- Knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems in AAA titles
- Work efficiently and autonomously with a high attention to detail
- Understanding of mix engineering process and loudness standards within the industry
- Up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
- Extensive experience in Sound Design and a strong grasp of Audio Principles
- A degree in music or sound design
- Good problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
- Scripting I other languages such as Json, Lua, Python etc
Find out more on our Studio page.
Company: Darwin Interactive
Location: Porto, Portugal
We are looking for a composer/sound designer with passion for the entertainment world and a solid teammate mindset to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment. You will be working with a cross-functional team with all the skills necessary to design, develop and run the next Darwin creation.
- Conceive and craft all the sound experience (music and sound design) of our products.
- Identify and co-develop new tools to optimize the sound team processes.
- Work closely with the product and dev team on the development process.
- Test and Quality Control of implemented audio assets.
- Have previous experience on tech industry and all its specific development processes.
- Present a solid portfolio, specifically of music and sound design for entertainment products.
- Show plural music creations to evidence flexible creativity.
- Have strong mixing and mastering skills, with a keen knowledge of audio plugins and audio production software.
- Have the technical sensibility to design sound regarding all its particular physic aspects and holistic purposes.
- Ensure an overall creative but focused mind in order to assure the fundamental guidelines for the Darwin’s sound identity.
- Be an undoubtable teammate.
- Have a good English knowledge.
- Become one of the firsts in a fast growing startup.
- Innovative and modern technology driven company.
- Great professional development.
- Strong team oriented culture driven by passion and quality.
- all the other stuff… at Darwin we are proud of the work we do, not the comfort we offer.
Company: Shadow Health
Location: Gainesville, FL, US
Shadow Health is a growing software company in downtown Gainesville, FL.
- Our product today will impact approximately two billion people’s lives over the next 20 years
- We offer great Health, Dental, Vision, and Life benefits to our employees and their families as well as a 401K match
- We invest in our employees and value their growth by encouraging professional development and partially funding tuition reimbursement
- Each employee receives 128 hours of PTO in addition to 6 paid significant holidays
- We operate in SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- We offer all the coffee and snacks that you can eat!
- You are not just another employee at Shadow Health; you become part of our team
- Help create, acquire, and implement all in-game audio
- Recruit and manage voice talent including contracts, work orders, invoices.
- Review voice talent auditions and, with the help of cross-functional teams and stakeholders, select the best voice talent for the role
- Work with our in-house software to implement audio into the products
- Acquire and implement non-character audio
- Use FaceFx to generate phonemes for characters
- Fix bugs
- Review legacy audio and identify lines to re-record
- Tag character scripts with emotions based on voice actor delivery and “key” learning moments
- Create an optimized system for storing acquired audio and audio-related assets
- Update Standards of Practice as they relate to in-game audio
- Work to improve or replace legacy tooling related to audio processing
- Generating .ogg, .wav, and .mp3 for in-game audio
- Creating phonemes
- Custom in-house tools
- Audio processing and editing software, like Audacity, FL Studio, ProTools, etc.
- Amazon Polly
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience focused on experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and implementation or educational/video game product development experience
- Strong technical knowledge of audio processing/engineering
- Experience designing, editing, mixing, mastering and implementing content for interactive and linear media
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with FaceFx, Unity, Amazon Polly, Inky
- Experience managing a budget and tracking invoices
- Experience recruiting and maintaining relationships with voice talent contractors
- Experience with character creation, online educational content, or a related field
- Experience with file transfer services
- Understanding of audio file formats
- Experience working with audio processing tools and pipelines