We came across interesting jobs at ArenaNet, Ubisoft Montreal, and Aristocrat – and they’re looking for a Lead Sound Designer, C++ Audio Programmer, and Audio Designer.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion.As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
ArenaNet’s Audio Team prides itself in delivering hand-crafted audio and music. We focus on cohesive integration of our assets to create immersive worlds. We are continuously expanding and perfecting our unique sound effects library. We love to collaborate and iterate with other teams to make the best gaming experience. We strive to inspire the studio and our fans with our level of dedication.
You’re an experienced sound designer who can help lead our work on Guild Wars 2 Living World. We support multiple teams with overlapping release schedules. You’ll proactively communicate with our collaborators and keep focus on the most important work for the present moment. You’ll work with the Producer and GW2 Audio Team to distribute the work among our available resources. You will create original sound designs that bring our fantastical world and its inhabitants to life.
• Lead the Guild Wars 2 sound design team as we regularly ship new content
• Collaborate with design & art teams throughout the development process
• Record and design original sound effects that fit within the established GW2 audio style
• Implement audio events into the game using our proprietary tools
• 7+ years of game industry experience in all stages of development
• At least 2 shipped titles for PC or console
• Demonstrated ability to create amazing sounds, especially creatures & magic
• Strong understanding of audio implementation tools & scripting
• Manager training and/or experience leading teams
• You play Guild Wars 2 and understand the mechanics, progression, setting & story
• Scrum Product Owner or Project Management training and/or experience
In addition to a resume and cover letter, please provide us a link to some in-game captures that demonstrate your sound design chops.
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
Company: Ubisoft Montreal
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, C++ Sound Programmer! At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
• The sound programmer will ensure that the audio pipeline meets sound-related project needs.
The main and routine tasks of the sound programmer are to:
• Compile and understand a project’s sound-related intentions and set out development needs;
• Assess existing features in the sound engine and establish whether they meet project intentions;
• Suggest audio pipeline improvements by determining project needs and designing and implementing new systems whenever required;
• Manage and challenge the audio memory resources and CPU budgets;
• Work in close collaboration with the audio designers so that they can carry out the design intentions and remain on budget;
• Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements;
• Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code;
• Identify and correct the bugs determined by other working units and the quality control team;
• Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and sound features;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in general programming or computer engineering or equivalent training
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in sound programming or any other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Solid analytical and synthesis skills;
• Problem-solving skills;
• Autonomy and resourcefulness;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Flexibility when organizing work;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Ability to adapt to change;
• Results focus;
• Knowledge of terms, compression formats and audio middleware;
• Knowledge of production working units.
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Aristocrat is expanding our studio operations to Atlanta in Summer 2018! The Audio Designer composes, records, and synchronizes music and sound effects to amplify the effect of animations and game events for casino gaming and lottery applications. As one of the contributing members of the game team, the Audio Designer works closely with other disciplines to assure that the audio compliments and enhances the experience of the game-play.
What you’ll do:
• Must be proficient with Pro Tools, Logic, Peak and effects plug-ins
• Design and enhancement of the audio engine for the product line
• Auditioning, directing and recording voice and instrumental talent
• Participation in syncing sound to animations and game events
• Participation in defining implementation requirements for sound scheme on assigned games
• Participation in assisting software engineers in implementing sound scheme and ensures proper synchronization to graphics
• Formatting conversions across various company gaming platforms
• Ensuring sound asset integrity through design, synchronization and export into games
• Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in audio recording, technical design and music composition
• Advanced knowledge of many aspects of products that relate to technical audio design infrastructure
• Advanced knowledge of / skills in the content areas of: Recording, mixing and optimization of audio for the internet Dialog, sound effect and music editing
• Script writing / editing, Foley work
• All styles of music composition, including orchestral, pop, R&B, disco, rock, etc.
• Format conversions for and idiosyncrasies of various company gaming platforms
• Recording and directing voiceover talent
• Proficient in one or more relevant audio design applications and techniques.
• Must be a good problem solver and collaborate well with creative team members from a variety of disciplines.
• Self-motivating and have a passion for creating great content
• World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
• Robust benefits package
• Global career opportunities
• Our core values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Passion
Our Winning Ways:
• Unite – Come together as one team, with one vision
• Develop – Empower, inspire and grow our people
• Deliver – Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
• Play – Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.